3 Foreigners Injured In Bangkok Bomb Explosion

webfact

Just to let y'all know, this totally off topic discussion about 9-11 is totally boring. Current events please.

Jingthing

Actually in terms of setting precedence, the decision making process surrounding 9/11 and who was responsible is completely relevant, and are we only allowed to discuss things as long as you don't find them boring? We have to put up with your diatribe, so how about you slope off elsewhere or put up with ours. Can't you bare the fact that there may be information you can't refute? My, I bet you have been hitting the report button all night. What is it you are fond of saying .....'Deal with it'.

Stop making unfounded and false personal attacks, OK? In any case, I feel your agenda and it feels like support for the Iranian regime. Which is OK but I appreciate more honesty. Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to direct you to the theorem of Occam's Razor.

Occam's razor, also known as Ockham's razor, and sometimes expressed in Latin as lex parsimoniae (the law of parsimony, economy or succinctness), is a principle that generally recommends that, from among competing hypotheses, selecting the one that makes the fewest new assumptions usually provides the correct one, and that the simplest explanation will be the most plausible until evidence is presented to prove it false.

To summarize, the simplest, most plausible evidence is usually correct in any scenario. No need to interject some fantasy boogeyman when the evidence is quite clear. That is unless you have some agenda which you are not sharing.

In this case, the evidence and everything surrounding it indicates that these were Iranian terrorists engaged in the activity of bomb making in Bangkok. The notion that some other nation is involved is simply assinine.

Given the facts as known now, it is asinine to state as fact that any nation was "involved" in the attack and plot.

It is rational to believe they are part of a terrorist "group" and not acting alone but there is absolutely nothing to indicate they were working at the direction of any nation. Just because people have a certain citizenship it doesn't make sense to believe their illegal actions or at the direction of their government. The suspect terrorist arrested a few weeks back in Thailand was a Swedish citizen but I highly doubt he was working for the Swedish government. There is still no evidence, but plenty to suggest the opposite, that the 15 Saudi citizens who took part in the 9/11 attacks were working for Saudi Arabia.

Edit: And although I am fairly confident that these guys will be confirmed to be Iranians, this still has yet to be confirmed and authorities are still working (last I read) to verify their identities are the same as what is listed on the passports.

The only thing we can no for sure is that you cannot trust much of the details reported in the news that is initially reported in stories like this and is part of the reason for so much speculation ... including my personal suspicions that authorities already had these 3 under surveillance at the time of the explosions.

The Swedish government has not declared itself to be an enemy of the US or Israel.

The Saudi government's position is that the Saudi state is a strong ally of the United States.

In complete contrast, the Iranian government declares that Iran is an enemy of the US and of Israel.

This is why a rational person weighing up the available evidence would find it reasonable to suspect the Iranian state of involvement in terrorist attacks on Israeli or US targets carried out by Iranian citizens, but would find the involvement of the Swedish or Saudi state in similar attacks carried out by Swedish or Saudi citizens to be markedly improbable.

This is not difficult.

Nothing wrong with suspicions and I made clear it would be asinine to state "as fact" at this point.

Just to let y'all know, this totally off topic discussion about 9-11 is totally boring. Current events please.

Jingthing

Actually in terms of setting precedence, the decision making process surrounding 9/11 and who was responsible is completely relevant, and are we only allowed to discuss things as long as you don't find them boring? We have to put up with your diatribe, so how about you slope off elsewhere or put up with ours. Can't you bare the fact that there may be information you can't refute? My, I bet you have been hitting the report button all night. What is it you are fond of saying .....'Deal with it'.

Stop making unfounded and false personal attacks, OK?

What is the personal attack Jingthing? Would you like me to drag out a few of yours over the last 36 hours? And what is a 'false personal attack'? Does that mean I didn't actually make one at all?

Edited by GentlemanJim

Jingthing

Stop making unfounded and false personal attacks, OK?

What is the personal attack Jingthing? Would you like me to drag out a few of yours over the last 36 hours?

The report button garbage.

The suspect terrorist who was arrested in Bangkok a few weeks ago was a Swedish Citizen and held a Swedish passport ... He must have been working for the Swedish Government. jerk.gif

Please stop. You're killing me with your banal rhetoric. No one is this thick, not even you, so stop the dis-information campaign. The only one looking silly here is you.

Obviously some people are thick enough to believe a sarcastic comment with a little smiley icon thingy at the end is actually a serious or factual comment. Given this thickness, I'm wondering who is actually looking silly ;-)

Edited by Nisa

What kind of headline is that?! I mean, who the hell made up this headline? He or she must have no clue as to who the three foreigners were. Maybe we should point the finger at reporters for deterring tourists rather than the bombers themselves!

At least something like "3 Foreign Bombers Injured in Bangkok." should sound better justified.

Jingthing

Stop making unfounded and false personal attacks, OK? In any case, I feel your agenda and it feels like support for the Iranian regime. Which is OK but I appreciate more honesty.

Now as you have edited your post Jingthing I have to answer your additional point. Inlight of your comments a few posts ago does this qualify as a 'false personal attack'?? How dare you suggest that I support the Iranian regime! I can feel the blood getting hotter here Jingthing. Is this a case of Bush indoctrination here? "You are either with us or against us"? Is it so alien to you and your ilk to actually stop and take a breath and count to ten and listen to people who are saying"slow down guys, there are millions of peoples lives at risk here, can we just get some FACTS, before the slaughter starts (and you won't be in the firing line). Just because people don't want to hang em high like you does NOT mean they support the nutjob Iranian regime. If you could take the nutjobs out, fine, but you can't at the moment without taking out countless others. You may apologise if you wish.

What kind of headline is that?! I mean, who the hell made up this headline? He or she must have no clue as to who the three foreigners were. Maybe we should point the finger at reporters for deterring tourists rather than the bombers themselves!

At least something like "3 Foreign Bombers Injured in Bangkok." should sound better justified.

Yes 100% agreed, in fact to be even more precise let's call it what it truly was "3 Asian terrorist's bungled Bangkok tour"

Yes 100% agreed, in fact to be even more precise let's call it what it truly was "3 Asian terrorist's bungled Bangkok tour"

Funny, that's what happens when people are desperate to make a move before clear concise facts are established. When journo's do it we get funny headlines. When Governments and their influenced populations do it we get world war 3.

Funny, that's what happens when people are desperate to make a move before clear concise facts are established. When journo's do it we get funny headlines. When Governments and their influenced populations do it we get world war 3.

Or coins with 2 faces such as the case here. Do you see the sun often?

Sorry, did I say something against you???? I was talking about the headlines and nothing to do with your bungled tour joke! Was the personal attack necessary?

Edited by GentlemanJim

Sorry, did I say something against you???? I was talking about the headlines and nothing to do with your bungled tour joke! Was the personal attack necessary?

Interesting. Which of those two sentences did you feel as a personal attack? I do have a funny way of striking nerves when I least expect it.

Jingthing

Stop making unfounded and false personal attacks, OK? In any case, I feel your agenda and it feels like support for the Iranian regime. Which is OK but I appreciate more honesty.

Now as you have edited your post Jingthing I have to answer your additional point. Inlight of your comments a few posts ago does this qualify as a 'false personal attack'?? How dare you suggest that I support the Iranian regime! I can feel the blood getting hotter here Jingthing. Is this a case of Bush indoctrination here? "You are either with us or against us"? Is it so alien to you and your ilk to actually stop and take a breath and count to ten and listen to people who are saying"slow down guys, there are millions of peoples lives at risk here, can we just get some FACTS, before the slaughter starts (and you won't be in the firing line). Just because people don't want to hang em high like you does NOT mean they support the nutjob Iranian regime. If you could take the nutjobs out, fine, but you can't at the moment without taking out countless others. You may apologise if you wish.

If you expect me to be further sucked into your black hole of Trolls-ville, today you won't be so lucky.
  • Like 1

Jingthing

If you expect me to be further sucked into your black hole of Trolls-ville, today you won't be so lucky.

And what was trolls-ville about that Jingthing? You answer your personal attack with another. Charming. Good night, the sun's up soon.

Bangkok, Thailand (CNN)

-- Israel and Iran traded accusations Wednesday over a string of bombings in other countries, with Israel pointing fingers at Tehran and the Iranian regime calling such claims a "prelude" to an Israeli attack.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/02/15/world/asia/thailand-blasts-iranians/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Although you would kill many westerners if you attacked one of the red light districts, I'm not sure it would have the desired effect. I'm guessing many people back home would not be that outraged or terrorized by a group perceived to be killing sexpats. And not sure how many victim's families would want the name of their loved one being in the press or on some memorial commemorating the attacks where there loved one was killed upstairs of a working girl bar while in a short time room.

You guess wrong. Sexual services are quite readily available in Bali, yet those killed in a bomb attack there were not perceived as lesser humans even though they were in a bar, drinking alcohol, possibly partaking in recreational drugs (also very much available) and enjoying the company of the local ladies, or not.

They were seen as "innocents" in that they were minding their own business when killed by half-wiited religious fanatics brainwashed from infancy to believe bronze age myths. IMHO religious education of those too young to decide for themselves is child abuse.

• Like 2

from the nationmultimedia: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Suspects-meant-to-kill-Israeli-envoys-says-Thai-of-30175981.html

Asked why Thai authorities were playing down the attacks and their likely links to transnational terror operations while foreign governments and media channels were indicating otherwise, Wichean did not answer, appearing grim and tense.

from the nationmultimedia: http://www.nationmul...f-30175981.html

Asked why Thai authorities were playing down the attacks and their likely links to transnational terror operations while foreign governments and media channels were indicating otherwise, Wichean did not answer, appearing grim and tense.

This is the typical protocol for ALL governments, not just Thais. The logic being, if the event terrorizes the populous then the terrorists were successful.

Bombers 'part of terror group'

Diplomat links blasts to India, Georgia attacks

The suspects involved in Tuesday's multiple bombings in Bangkok were part of the same network of terror involved in bomb incidents in India and Georgia earlier this week, according to Itzhak Shoham, Israeli ambassador to Thailand.

359540.jpg

...INSET Rohani Leila, an Iranian woman who left Thailand on Feb 5, is wanted by police in connection with the blasts...

I was wondering what happened to the woman. She's received very little attention, yet the neighbors interviewed all said there was also a woman at the house.

Some of the posts alleging "false flag" operations or an attempt by some convoluted US/Zionist/UK conspiracy demonstrate;

1. A hatred so intense it blinds the proponent of such nonsense to the reality and/or,

2. Some serious mental health issues.

It has now been shown that at least 2 of the 3 participants were Iranian agents. One lost his legs as his grenade fell short after bouncing off a tree and , another was arrested at BKK. The Nation has reported that police arrested a man, identified as Mohammad Hazaei, 42, while he was waiting for a flight to Kuala Lumpur. I don't suppose any of the people alleging a false flag operation will retract their false claims and allegations.

It will be interesting to see if Thailand launches a diplomatic protest against Iran, or imposes visa restrictions. Thailand has to react and fast. To not do so will invite serious damage.

So now you are suggesting that anyone who does not agree with you has mental health issues. I always considered you much smarter than such as that.

• Like 1

There are only two aspects of this particular story of which I am reasonably certain:

Of Israel, the United States and Iran, the only one not trying provoke a war s Iran.

The every day, boots on the ground job of the major intelligence agencies is demonizing the enemy in any way possible to gain popular support against them. This is a far reaching effort that takes place in any number of countries and is cumulative. It goes on for years.

Iran doesn't want a war, but continues to develop nuclear weapons while refusing one of its neighbours the right to exist, even while being threatened with war if they persist. Combine this with the muslim dogma that those killed in a holy war to repel the infidel invaders will go straight to paradise (and all that BS), add that it is gerontocracy ruled by aging religious fanatics who know they wil die soon anyway (but without the guaranteed pearly gate pass), and perhaps you see why some suspect their motives. Shalom

Iran has plenty of reasons to attack Israel. Why it would persists in this childish behavior speaks for itself. They are not the most competent of intelligence operations in our world but they are decent at it. They would never run such a silly operation. A lot like the Iranian used car dealer in the US who made arrangements with the Mexican Drug cartel to take out a Saudi statemen.

• Like 1

Something about this incident makes me wonder. Perhaps I've simply been here too long, but it seems to me that with all the assorted little (and not so little) blasts and bombs and burnings, and how NO ONE (Thai, anyway) is ever caught or arrested in connection with them- it's kind of like the way only FOREIGN drug mules are ever caught here. The only time any THAI drug mules are caught is in other countries. How convenient....

Does the Iranian regime want to provoke a war? Obviously not! But do they want to PREVENT a war by credibly stopping their nuclear development program? Also obviously not. While I understand why people think these recent attacks in India, Georgia, and Thailand appear irrational on the surface, one way to look at them is to continue to remind Israel that IF Israel bombs the Iranian nuclear program that Israel can expect a massive response both in Israel from Iran's proxies and in asymmetrical ways internationally. If Iran DID want to provoke a war right now, they would attack Israel right now, without using a proxy. They are trying to scare Israel from bombing their nuclear program, and it may work, the cost of doing that could easily be horribly high. My understanding is that right now Israeli public opinion is about evenly split on whether to bomb Iran's nuclear facilities and the main arguments against it are both it won't work and the blowback will be too much.

Finally, a post critical of Iran that supports a plausible theory. Iran does not want a war with Israel and the United States for reasons that seem incredibly obvious at least to me. If Iran has "state sponsored" involvement in any of this, it cannot be about provocation for being attacked.

Something about this incident makes me wonder. Perhaps I've simply been here too long, but it seems to me that with all the assorted little (and not so little) blasts and bombs and burnings, and how NO ONE (Thai, anyway) is ever caught or arrested in connection with them- it's kind of like the way only FOREIGN drug mules are ever caught here. The only time any THAI drug mules are caught is in other countries. How convenient....

A Thai man was arrested not that long ago for planting bombs around the city. This happened in the past few months. I don't believe any bomb went off or if they did no one was injured but it made the press.

The suspect terrorist who was arrested in Bangkok a few weeks ago was a Swedish Citizen and held a Swedish passport ... He must have been working for the Swedish Government. jerk.gif

Please stop. You're killing me with your banal rhetoric. No one is this thick, not even you, so stop the dis-information campaign. The only one looking silly here is you.

Obviously some people are thick enough to believe a sarcastic comment with a little smiley icon thingy at the end is actually a serious or factual comment. Given this thickness, I'm wondering who is actually looking silly ;-)

I think the people reading and commenting on this thread break down into a few different groups. A. Pro Arab. B. Pro Israeli. C. Anti Western, Israeli, American. D. Pro conspiracy (of any kind). E. Objective. I don't think B or E would make your joke. It is, of course obvious it is a joke.

Maybe in Iran the boys at the coffee shop would laugh at it but one doubts the humor would be the same in Tel Aviv.

FYI, the headlines are written/chosen when the news first breaks...when no one knew for sure who was who...or what they were doing. That's the reason for what now appears to be a stupid headline. But it wasn't in the early going.

The reason for the headline at the point the news broke is understandable... The reason the headline hasn't been updated by the mods now that the roles of the foreigners is clear and different is a bit harder to understand.

Right now, the headline is silly and stupid.