3 Foreigners Injured In Bangkok Bomb Explosion

webfact

Iran has plenty of reasons to attack Israel. Why it would persists in this childish behavior speaks for itself. They are not the most competent of intelligence operations in our world but they are decent at it. They would never run such a silly operation. A lot like the Iranian used car dealer in the US who made arrangements with the Mexican Drug cartel to take out a Saudi statemen.

Ok, so why was one of the culprits arrested by the Malaysians as he was tying to board a flight from Kualu Lumpur to Tehran?

Was this person homesick? Was he on his way to pick up his laundry?

As the plot unravels, the fanciful explanations for this terrorist attack are more difficult to create aren't they?

• Like 2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The suspect terrorist who was arrested in Bangkok a few weeks ago was a Swedish Citizen and held a Swedish passport ... He must have been working for the Swedish Government. jerk.gif

Please stop. You're killing me with your banal rhetoric. No one is this thick, not even you, so stop the dis-information campaign. The only one looking silly here is you.

Obviously some people are thick enough to believe a sarcastic comment with a little smiley icon thingy at the end is actually a serious or factual comment. Given this thickness, I'm wondering who is actually looking silly ;-)

I think the people reading and commenting on this thread break down into a few different groups. A. Pro Arab. B. Pro Israeli. C. Anti Western, Israeli, American. D. Pro conspiracy (of any kind). E. Objective. I don't think B or E would make your joke. It is, of course obvious it is a joke.

Maybe in Iran the boys at the coffee shop would laugh at it but one doubts the humor would be the same in Tel Aviv.

Unfortunately, it is not humorous.

Chalk me up as a happy westerner with an open mind that can understand the different points of view. Your attempt at categorization neglects to recognize that Gulf State Arabs for the most part loathe Iranians. Don't lose sight of the fact that Iran illegally occupies some UAE islands, and the Gulf States are not too thrilled with the Iranian regional beligerence that threatens their own national security. Remember the Saudi troops that were dispatched to support Bahrain as it dealt with its own Iranian backed insurrection a few months back? There is longstanding animosity between the Gulf States and Iran. I don't think you will find too many of these Arabs rushing to the defense of Iran. I wouldn't be too surprised if one day we discover some of the Gulf States were feeding Israel intelligence via the USA or UK.

Edited by geriatrickid
  • Like 2

Although you would kill many westerners if you attacked one of the red light districts, I'm not sure it would have the desired effect. I'm guessing many people back home would not be that outraged or terrorized by a group perceived to be killing sexpats. And not sure how many victim's families would want the name of their loved one being in the press or on some memorial commemorating the attacks where there loved one was killed upstairs of a working girl bar while in a short time room.

You guess wrong. Sexual services are quite readily available in Bali, yet those killed in a bomb attack there were not perceived as lesser humans even though they were in a bar, drinking alcohol, possibly partaking in recreational drugs (also very much available) and enjoying the company of the local ladies, or not.

They were seen as "innocents" in that they were minding their own business when killed by half-wiited religious fanatics brainwashed from infancy to believe bronze age myths. IMHO religious education of those too young to decide for themselves is child abuse.

If you are talking about the huge bombing that Bin Laden took responsibility for (saying they were aimed at the US) and occurred not long after 9/11 that destroyed and damaged a couple night clubs, people homes and killed more than 200 people & injuring another 500+ ... There is a huge difference between a tourist nightclubs & discos and a Red Light district as well as the size of bomb vs. what these guys were cable of. The majority of the people killed in this incident were foreigners. I specifically said a Red Light district and not a Bangkok Night club where prostitutes may happen to also be.

Yes, a much much different scenario above than Islams terrorist version of Larry, Moe and Curly with a couple bombs that can't even level a Thai house or Taxi or even a single person apparently.. beyond their legs.

I didn't by any means say nobody would care but simply stated it might not have the same desired effect. If you were aware of the religious views of many people in the US, you'd understand that a number of them would see a bombing of a red light district as a sort of justice being served here on earth.

The suspect terrorist who was arrested in Bangkok a few weeks ago was a Swedish Citizen and held a Swedish passport ... He must have been working for the Swedish Government. jerk.gif

Please stop. You're killing me with your banal rhetoric. No one is this thick, not even you, so stop the dis-information campaign. The only one looking silly here is you.

Obviously some people are thick enough to believe a sarcastic comment with a little smiley icon thingy at the end is actually a serious or factual comment. Given this thickness, I'm wondering who is actually looking silly ;-)

I think the people reading and commenting on this thread break down into a few different groups. A. Pro Arab. B. Pro Israeli. C. Anti Western, Israeli, American. D. Pro conspiracy (of any kind). E. Objective. I don't think B or E would make your joke. It is, of course obvious it is a joke.

Maybe in Iran the boys at the coffee shop would laugh at it but one doubts the humor would be the same in Tel Aviv.

I think your generalizations and stereotypes apply to some but not all. Also, the use of sarcasm is not defined as being humorous ... it is usually about irony or mockery.

Someone raised a good point above to counter all the wingnut conspiracy theorists posting here...

The third bomber just arrested in Malaysia was caught just before his planned airplane flight back to Tehran...

If that guy really was some kind of plant or "false flag" actor, is Tehran really the place he'd be fleeing back to???

BTW, I've been meaning to add... saw the funniest thing I've read here on ThaiVisa in ages the other day...

In the wake of the blasts, some Thai official was quoted as saying Thailand planned to ask Iran for info on the bombers and whether they were on Iran's terrorist watch list!!!

Does Iran even have a terrorist watch list? And if they do, would it conceivably have any Iranians on it (as opposed to Jews, Americans, etc etc...)

I'm sure Iran is likely to be very forthcoming in responding to Thailand's request for info on these guys... very sure.... bah.gif

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

I get the feeling that some people here believe that the typical suicide bomber etc is working on the level of a Jason Bourne. These are typically young, weak minded and horny guys who have been convinced to kill innocents with the promise of some poontang when they arrive in heaven.

The scenario that has been unveiled and seems very likely is that these people were here with the plan to carry out an attack similar to the India/Georgia attacks and while messing with the c4, accidently detonated a bomb prematurely. Two realized the jig was up and took off while the 3rd seemed to be disoriented and stumbled around trying to get his bearings before he started tossing the explosives.

If they were incompetent, that is par for the course.

• Like 2

Sad event indeed, at a school. What a cowardly act by the bomber. S N N to the bomber for blowing his legs off!

That is exactly what Jihad teaches... Cowardice... Why else would grown men target innocent children?

The way I see it, he got what he deserved... Karma is a B**ch...

Some posts have been removed due to possible violation of copyright and non compliance of fair use. It is generally accepted, but not written into law, that quoting the first two or three sentences of an article and giving a link to the source is considered “fair use” and not a violation of copyright.

quote name='Nisa' timestamp='1329284078' post='5057366'

Chalk me up as a happy westerner with an open mind that can understand the different points of view. Your attempt at categorization neglects to recognize that Gulf State Arabs for the most part loathe Iranians. Don't lose sight of the fact that Iran illegally occupies some UAE islands, and the Gulf States are not too thrilled with the Iranian regional beligerence that threatens their own national security. Remember the Saudi troops that were dispatched to support Bahrain as it dealt with its own Iranian backed insurrection a few months back? There is longstanding animosity between the Gulf States and Iran. I don't think you will find too many of these Arabs rushing to the defense of Iran. I wouldn't be too surprised if one day we discover some of the Gulf States were feeding Israel intelligence via the USA or UK.

Not humor, but irony.

Edited by animatic

Some of the posts alleging "false flag" operations or an attempt by some convoluted US/Zionist/UK conspiracy demonstrate;

1. A hatred so intense it blinds the proponent of such nonsense to the reality and/or,

2. Some serious mental health issues.

It has now been shown that at least 2 of the 3 participants were Iranian agents. One lost his legs as his grenade fell short after bouncing off a tree and , another was arrested at BKK. The Nation has reported that police arrested a man, identified as Mohammad Hazaei, 42, while he was waiting for a flight to Kuala Lumpur. I don't suppose any of the people alleging a false flag operation will retract their false claims and allegations.

It will be interesting to see if Thailand launches a diplomatic protest against Iran, or imposes visa restrictions. Thailand has to react and fast. To not do so will invite serious damage.

So now you are suggesting that anyone who does not agree with you has mental health issues. I always considered you much smarter than such as that.

Wouldn't be the first time that implication was made.

You are of course correct. I was being simplistic. Nisa comes across as a pro Arab person and you come across as a pro Western person. That is not to say either of you are not objective. It is difficult being objective unless one is a Canadian.

“Canada has no identity and never has had an identity. Any sense of identity we (Canada) have is our sense of density.” Marshall McLuhan

• Like 1

You are of course correct. I was being simplistic. Nisa comes across as a pro Arab person and you come across as a pro Western person. That is not to say either of you are not objective. It is difficult being objective unless one is a Canadian.

“Canada has no identity and never has had an identity. Any sense of identity we (Canada) have is our sense of density.” Marshall McLuhan

FYI - I am not pro Arab and don't believe I have ever said anything to make one believe this unless you are only thinking in extremes such as any condemnation of Israel makes one pro Palestinian. It is very possible to believe that both have extreme leaders whose actions pose a danger to the entire world and whose politics and policies would best be wiped off the face of the earth.

Edited by Nisa
  • Like 1

Someone raised a good point above to counter all the wingnut conspiracy theorists posting here...

The third bomber just arrested in Malaysia was caught just before his planned airplane flight back to Tehran...

If that guy really was some kind of plant or "false flag" actor, is Tehran really the place he'd be fleeing back to???

BTW, I've been meaning to add... saw the funniest thing I've read here on ThaiVisa in ages the other day...

In the wake of the blasts, some Thai official was quoted as saying Thailand planned to ask Iran for info on the bombers and whether they were on Iran's terrorist watch list!!!

I have a strong suspicion authorities were aware of these 3 before the bombs went off and had them under some kind of surveillance.

And if you are talking about what I think you are ... it was reported that the Thais were checking with the Iran embassy to verify that these folks were actually Iranian citizens and whose name appeared on the passports.

FYI - I am not pro Arab and don't believe I have ever said anything to make one believe this unless you are only thinking in extremes such as any condemnation of Israel makes one pro Palestinian.

Oh good. So just to clarify since there is a little apples and oranges in the mix, you are not pro-palestinian right? I'm not taking a position on this but it would be helpful to understand where you are coming from.

I'm a guy reading about some guys that blew up their house, then ran out and while two hoofed it to the Airport the other one tried to kill some people with a couple of explosive devices before inadvertently blowing off his legs. And they were all carrying Iranian passports making it appear on its face that they are Iranian. But I also understand that even if they are Norwegian citizens who went to the trouble of getting fake Iranian passports that they could still be working for the Iranian government.. That's who I am.

Sad event indeed, at a school. What a cowardly act by the bomber. S N N to the bomber for blowing his legs off!

That is exactly what Jihad teaches... Cowardice... Why else would grown men target innocent children?

The way I see it, he got what he deserved... Karma is a B**ch...

He very well may have got what he deserved from a karmic view but there is absolutely nothing to indicate he was targeting children. It scares me when folks feel a need to make up things in a situation in order to get others more emotional and angry when it is already a despicable event and needs no embellishment to be strongly condemned.

Edited by Nisa

FYI - I am not pro Arab and don't believe I have ever said anything to make one believe this unless you are only thinking in extremes such as any condemnation of Israel makes one pro Palestinian.

Oh good. So just to clarify since there is a little apples and oranges in the mix, you are not pro-palestinian right? I'm not taking a position on this but it would be helpful to understand where you are coming from.

I'm a guy reading about some guys that blew up their house, then ran out and while two hoofed it to the Airport the other one tried to kill some people with a couple of explosive devices before inadvertently blowing off his legs. And they were all carrying Iranian passports making it appear on its face that they are Iranian. But I also understand that even if they are Norwegian citizens who went to the trouble of getting fake Iranian passports that they could still be working for the Iranian government.. That's who I am.

And i am they guy who never suggested they were not Iranian citizens (even though it is still being investigated to see if they were traveling on legit passports) but simply was making clear there is no proof or nothing to connect them to being agents of the Iranian Government.

By the way, you wouldn't be having comprehension issues if you actually read my posts before responding to them and then didn't selectively quote certain passages then act like you don't understand my stance because you deleted all the relevant passages stating my stance and/or the context to which your selective quotes pertain .

Edited by Nisa

if this wasn't so serious it would be funny.

guy blows the roof off the house he's staying at.

runs out to hail a taxi but it won't take him so he throws a grenade at it, no serious injuries.

sees the BiB and throws a grenade at them but it hits a tree, bounces back and blows his legs off.

oh allah!

Edited by nurofiend

I get the feeling that some people here believe that the typical suicide bomber etc is working on the level of a Jason Bourne. These are typically young, weak minded and horny guys who have been convinced to kill innocents with the promise of some poontang when they arrive in heaven.

Horny?

Horny?

I think that means that their male hormone (testosterone) levels are adequate, or more than adequate.

This Chalerm guy is fast or it is joke! A small symbolic expression?

Chalerm went on to say it is still early to jump into conclusion whether the country will be used as a platform for anti-Israel terrorists or if yesterday's incident was linked to the bomb attacks in India and Georgia.

The deputy premier described the blasts as a small symbolic expression and he will order the immigration police to step up alien screening measures particularly on those from countries with terrorism problems.

He reiterated all related agencies are capable to handle the security situation and there is nothing to worry about.

I have a strong suspicion authorities were aware of these 3 before the bombs went off and had them under some kind of surveillance.

And if you are talking about what I think you are ... it was reported that the Thais were checking with the Iran embassy to verify that these folks were actually Iranian citizens and whose name appeared on the passports.

I think you have your in-stinks confused.

If someone were "under surveillance" would it not be logical to already know who it was that you had under surveillance? Seriously? "it was reported that the Thais were checking with the Iran embassy" Seriously? was this before or after they were under surveillance? Perhaps their heads were too deep in the sand.

Horny?

I think that means that their male hormone (testosterone) levels are adequate, or more than adequate.

Is that a "small symbolic expression" in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me, as Mae West might perhaps once have said ? rolleyes.gif

Edited by Ricardo
  • Like 1

If someone were "under surveillance" would it not be logical to already know who it was that you had under surveillance? Seriously? "it was reported that the Thais were checking with the Iran embassy" Seriously? was this before or after they were under surveillance? Perhaps their heads were too deep in the sand.

I believe there is a good chance they knew the names they were traveling under while (if) they were keeping an eye on them. And no, it would be completely illogical to have them check with the Iran embassy before concerning their identity if there was suspicions the Iran government could be involved.

Edited by Nisa

Horny?

Is that a "small symbolic expression" in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me, as Mae West might perhaps once have said ? rolleyes.gif

LOL

I believe there is a good chance they knew the names they were traveling under while (if) they were keeping an eye on them. And no, it would be completely illogical to have them check with the Iran embassy before concerning their identity if there was suspicions the Iran government could be involved.

Please enlighten us. Was this before or after he received Thai residence status? I am quiet certain many would like to know how someone of "Unknown" origin could hold such a status.

An Iranian man arrested in connection with Tuesday's blasts in Bangkok has been stripped of Thai residence status, Immigration Police chief Pol Lt-General Wibool Bangthamai said yesterday.

Nationmultimedia:

According to police sources, two improvised bombs found at the house were in the form of portable radios, stuffed with C-4 explosives. Hand grenades with the safety lever removed were inserted in the radio units to be used as the detonator.

Small metal balls were also put in the units intended as shrapnel. There were six flat round metal plates with a diameter of 2 centimetres attached beneath the radio bomb units, each weighing about 2 kilograms.

Contrary to media reports that Morabi used two hand grenades while on the run, police sources said he used two radio bomb units, out of a stock of five. One went off in the first accidental explosion in the rented house, two were used by him and two others were found in the house.

The radio bombs went off five seconds after their grenades were activated. They had a blast radius of about 40 metres and kill radius of about 3-5 metres, the sources added.

Read more: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Iranian-badly-injured-in-bombing-stripped-of-resid-30175993.html

Edited by metisdead
As per fair use, post a link when quoting a news source.

Please enlighten us. Was this before or after he received Thai residence status? I am quiet certain many would like to know how someone of "Unknown" origin could hold such a status.

An Iranian man arrested in connection with Tuesday's blasts in Bangkok has been stripped of Thai residence status, Immigration Police chief Pol Lt-General Wibool Bangthamai said yesterday.

Your own link states:

Israel's ambassador to Thailand, Yitzhak Shoham, said Morabi was connected to a terror network behind recent bombing incidents in India and Georgia

Do you suspect Israel has now been able to link him to a specific terror network or did they have his name on file before? If they did have his name on file then it would seem they would have been aware he was traveling under his own name, had entered Thailand and had applied for residency in Thailand. And given the recent intelligence reports over the last months of terror suspects operating in Bangkok, it would seem logical they would be keeping an eye on any persons with even suspected ties to a terrorist network.

And as for your question. It was reported in the news that they were checking with the Iran embassy regarding their identities after the bombing. As we all know (except maybe you) that applying for various visa statuses doesn't require that immigration check with your embassy to make sure your documents are real and that you are who you say you are.

And to enlighten you further ... stating you have a suspicion of something is not the same as knowing something or being sure of something and certainly not being able to prove something. So, it is kind of idiotic to ask somebody to prove their suspicions. But you appear to be doing a good job of making me even more suspicious about the possibility they were keeping an eye on these folks before the bombing.

And by the way ... I also suspect he was not have been a permanent resident. You might want to look up all that is involved in becoming one. The first is that you live here under a continuous non-immigrant Visa with with unbroken yearly extensions for 3-years before you can even apply for this highly limited available status.

Edited by Nisa

Future stumpy on the left carrying the two radio bombs.

1329330691801.jpg

In this image made from surveillance video, three Iranian bombsuspects, identified by police as, from left, Saeid Moradi, Mohammad Kharzei, and Masoud Sedaghatzadeh, walk down the middle of a residential street in Bangkok after the first blast at a house where the three men were staying, Spokesman Office of National Thai Police / AP Photo

Edited by Nisa