Chalerm Seeks Speedy Killing Of Drug Convicts

webfact

and this came from Thaksin i take it !

you cant convict a man/women of a crime with a half hearted investigation and then kill them within 60 days, how many innocent people set up will lose thier lives?

Plus this makes a mockery of the judicial process. For some crimes people are entitled to go to the end of the line (the supreme court) to appeal. For drug related cases there right to appeal is one step short (if chalerm has his way). And there is ample evidence, long term, of the police charging scapegoats, planting evidence. Frightening.

In other world there would not be equal application of the law for all. And, strangely, this was one of the war cries of the pt / udd / reds in their riots etc., last year and in the run up to the elections. But of course not one word has been uttered about it after the election.

I say again, mr. chalerm when you have put one drug lord, one drug king pin, one politician, or one senriot policeman or senior military office behind bars (not out on appeal) then I will give you some points for credibility.

For the stuff in this thread mr. chalerm, you get minus points.

I have always thought that people should regard the law as their last line of defense against government....

Pity they can change it so easily.......

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must agree with most of the posters here. Now dirty cops can really threaten you: if you don't pay up, they will plant drugs on you (or your kid!), frame you, and see to it that you or you're kid are a dead man. Even if they are discovered later, it won't help you because you are DEAD.

Just think of how much more efficient everything will be: you won't have to use the lese majeste laws to put your political opponent behind bars, now you can frame them and have them killed in 60 days!!

Killing them quicker should really help serve as a deterrent. jerk.gif We know already that criminals weigh the penalty of their crime greatly before committing them .. surely anyone dealing drugs only does it because they know they will only serve 20 to 30 years (or life) in a Thai prison as opposed to be executed. Clearly they are not thinking simply in terms of not getting caught because anybody is happy to serve 20+ years in prison to make a few bucks. But now that executions will move quicker and shave 1 or 2 years off their time on death row, certainly many will now rethink if it is worth it to sell drugs.

Really? You know this based on what evidence?

Execution for drug dealing is so over the top. Everbody forgets that there is no supply without demand. Let's just execute the users while we're at it. That will really make it all go away.

• Like 1

Killing them quicker should really help serve as a deterrent. jerk.gif We know already that criminals weigh the penalty of their crime greatly before committing them .. surely anyone dealing drugs only does it because they know they will only serve 20 to 30 years (or life) in a Thai prison as opposed to be executed. Clearly they are not thinking simply in terms of not getting caught because anybody is happy to serve 20+ years in prison to make a few bucks. But now that executions will move quicker and shave 1 or 2 years off their time on death row, certainly many will now rethink if it is worth it to sell drugs.

Not a single country in the whole <deleted>..in world can give evidence for that killing people is preventing crimes.

This is barbaric acts that should place the rulers of these third class countries in a cell in Hague.

Perhaps, but it certainly stops recidivism.

you cant convict a man/women of a crime with a half hearted investigation and then kill them within 60 days, how many innocent people set up will lose thier lives?

If a person is found with vast amounts of Yabba/Ice in their possession then why not a speedy execution ?

Yeah, make them take all they have in their possession, and lock them in a cell.

• Like 1

Fighting the use of drugs and the sale of drugs is a bit like Sisyphus pushing up his rock-- ultimately you are not going to win! Partial legalisation or full full legalisation and strictly controlled government sale to addicts. I wonder how many people die each year due to eating poisonous fast food-- that is freely advertised and sold? Would be nice to see the executives of those companies in jail for distributing substances detrimental to the public health.

I could see legalizing weed, but not yabba or ice.

The addicts here need drug rehabilitation, and the yabba/ice kingpins, no matter who they are, need to be put down..

• Like 2

Fighting the use of drugs and the sale of drugs is a bit like Sisyphus pushing up his rock-- ultimately you are not going to win! Partial legalisation or full full legalisation and strictly controlled government sale to addicts. I wonder how many people die each year due to eating poisonous fast food-- that is freely advertised and sold? Would be nice to see the executives of those companies in jail for distributing substances detrimental to the public health.

I could see legalizing weed, but not yabba or ice.

The addicts here need drug rehabilitation, and the yabba/ice kingpins, no matter who they are, need to be put down..

But that's the problem. It's never the bosses who are caught.....exactly because of who they are.

If a person is found with vast amounts of Yabba/Ice in their possession then why not a speedy execution ?

Do you believe that execution is the best way to stop the illegal use of drugs? It never has before and executing a healthy person who can contribute in some way to the Thai economy e.g. farming, infrastructure development, is counter productive. With wages so miniscule in Thailand and desperation for income to help unemployed or flood affected victims it must be easy to persuade some of the prolateriate to get involved in this dreadful business.

I have to agree with you on that; how many people have been charged, in almost every country in the world, only to be found not guilty through appeal? However, if there is indisputable proof and the case is 120% watertight; this asks another question.

The problem with the above would be that the whole judicial system would need to be reviewed, in that crimes that carry the death penalty would have to follow different rules.

A legal study is working to find out whether immediate execution would violate the Constitution, or the convicts' right to appeal for a Royal pardon, or any other laws, he said.

Here we go again! Wasn't the killings in 2002/2003 enough? Reading between the lines means that cops will use their guns again, no court needed. jap.gif

Edited by sirchai

Drug dealers no matter how big or small are animals and need to be put down - human laws don't apply to them!

In a civilized country I would be all up for execution after a fair trail. Not so sure if it's right for Thailand.

I'm not sure his method is correct, but people constantly cry that the war on drugs isn't working. Works for me.

But that's not a reason to lessen the already harsh penalties.

Will the threat of harsher penalties, such as death, have an effect or is the lure of easy money to great for those of limited intelligence?

Regardless, the drug problem sure isn't going away. It's only getting bigger. Legalizing is a ridiculous red-herring thrown out by the uneducated.

Plenty of comments, not many potential solutions.

Planted? , false confession? , stiching up someone else? ......

the answer is not to kill the mules/small dealers, but to go to the top level !, as all that will happen is someone will take thier place !

Hi Boater, I like your common sense here. As in my last reply (#45), this would also be relevant about a judicial change. The majority (if not all) arrests are from the low to middle levels. This is not, in my opinion the fault of the police, as they have to answer to the courts for successful convictions.

With power comes money and with money comes lawyers who are addept at manipulating the loopholes, making the kingpins untouchable. They are b@st@rds, but not stupid.

I repeat myself again, you do not kill a giant by tickling his toes, but by cutting its head off. Campaigns are all about numbers and what is needed is in-depth investigations that will pin these top figures and when adequate proof has been attained (and not before) bring the whole network down.

I have to agree with you on that; how many people have been charged, in almost every country in the world, only to be found not guilty through appeal? However, if there is indisputable proof and the case is 120% watertight; this asks another question.

The problem with the above would be that the whole judicial system would need to be reviewed, in that crimes that carry the death penalty would have to follow different rules.

As you say the number of innocent people who are or have been incarcerated around the world is frightening and surely Chalerm himself must know that the Thai police, however well intentioned, are not exactly the best.

Edited by bigbamboo

Thats not the way it works... I think most sane people would choose a speedy excecution over 20-30-life in a Thai prison

• Like 1

What I would like to know is how many people actually die from taking illicit drugs as oppose to those who die from taking prescription drugs?

As the medical establishment is the 3rd biggest killer in the US and the 9th biggest by accidental death it must take some beating!

• Like 1

I'm not sure his method is correct, but people constantly cry that the war on drugs isn't working. Works for me.

Will the threat of harsher penalties, such as death, have an effect or is the lure of easy money to great for those of limited intelligence?

Regardless, the drug problem sure isn't going away. It's only getting bigger. Legalizing is a ridiculous red-herring thrown out by the uneducated.

Enlighten me, please: how is it working?

Most (if not all) killed in this "war" are some poor suckers- and for every one of them killed, there are 3, willing to take the place.

As long as Mamon is the real god in Thailand and wages are low, drug- money is a dangling carrot for the donkey!

The peasants fall (dealers and junkies alike) and the kings and queens go free and unharmed!

The "war" is merely a slaughter and the effect is zero!

As long as you are not willing to go after the big bosses - and you are not, because they most likely your buddies or family- ...forget your "war on drugs"!

It's as effective as the war on terror...!!!

Drug dealers no matter how big or small are animals and need to be put down - human laws don't apply to them!

In a civilized country I would be all up for execution after a fair trail. Not so sure if it's right for Thailand.

Unfortunately in "civilized" countries the option for execution isn't there. Begs to ask who has it right?

What I would like to know is how many people actually die from taking illicit drugs as oppose to those who die from taking prescription drugs?

As the medical establishment is the 3rd biggest killer in the US and the 9th biggest by accidental death it must take some beating!

Don't know of any prescription users that have been executed (for that reason), which is what this thread is about. Not to say that the pharmaceuticals don't have questions to answer for, but that is another thread in itself........

Enlighten me, please: how is it working?

Most (if not all) killed in this "war" are some poor suckers- and for every one of them killed, there are 3, willing to take the place.

As long as Mamon is the real god in Thailand and wages are low, drug- money is a dangling carrot for the donkey!

The peasants fall (dealers and junkies alike) and the kings and queens go free and unharmed!

The "war" is merely a slaughter and the effect is zero!

As long as you are not willing to go after the big bosses - and you are not, because they most likely your buddies or family- ...forget your "war on drugs"!

It's as effective as the war on terror...!!!

You misread.

I said it "Works for me". In other words, I do not use illegal drugs or contemplate to traffic in illegal drugs because of the possible outcomes should I get caught. I would suggest that is the same reason most intelligent people do not consider trafficking drugs as high on their career list.

I'm all for going after the "big bosses".

I must have missed what your solution was in your post. What was it again?