Australian Tourist Visa Application

On 7/14/2019 at 1:39 AM, bbi1 said:

Wanting to go on a holiday with the Thai gf to Oz for maybe a week or so. I'm an Oz citizen & passport holder. She's a Thai passport holder who has travelled to a South American country and a neighbouring country too. She is currently employed in her current job for a year already. I've been looking at the requirements and there are 3 different types of visas for a tourist. I don't really get what's the difference and why there's so many different types. Is there really much difference between the three? Besides the first two ones are free to apply for. 

3. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/visitor-600

The only visa your partner is eligible to apply for is number 3, https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/visitor-600

The others don't apply to you or your partners circumstances. 

On 7/15/2019 at 6:00 PM, PhanomR said:

The only visa your partner is eligible to apply for is number 3, https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/visitor-600

The others don't apply to you or your partners circumstances. 

I'm confused as to why wouldn't the Subclass 601 Electronic Travel Authority or the Subclass 651 eVisitor apply to my gf visiting Oz for a week? Both of them say "With this visa you can cruise or have a holiday" & they both allow stays up to 3 months.

1. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/electronic-travel-authority-601

2. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/evisitor-651

I did not read all topics because they are to many so let me ask just

one question most westerners can come without visa to Thailand 

so why can't Thai nationals get a tourist visa to Australia without

all the bull needing a sponsor, and so on what do Thai residents do

to get a visa without sponsors to go any where

I like to my lady friend to spend some time in OZ

Yes I can write a letter to sponsor her  but I guess it would not

make any different since I am a pensioner and have no income

As you all know Thai women are not welcome in Australia or any

other country for many reasons . So details below

She is 50 years old has her own home and also a business has 2 

children as well yes not much money in the bank but only because

she bought her business and spend much of her savings 

so make it short there is many tourists from Thailand getting a visa

to countries like Canada US or where ever how do they do it ?

On 7/16/2019 at 9:57 PM, bbi1 said:

I'm confused as to why wouldn't the Subclass 601 Electronic Travel Authority or the Subclass 651 eVisitor apply to my gf visiting Oz for a week?

Suggest you read the eligibility requirements for these visa's. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

Just have a question I wondering if anyone can offer me an opinion.

I have previously had my then gf and her daughter visit me in Australia in 2018 on a Tourist Visa. I did it all myself. A bit cumbersome but got it approved.

We got married (Thai Registry office) 2018 in Bkk. We have a house in Chaiyaphum.

The wife and daughter (not adopted by me) want to come back to Australia for a visit in a few months time.

I am only planning on a Tourist Visa and have no intention of them living here now or ever as I want to retire to thailand. 

My question, in the Visa Application...should I disclose we are married? I just dont want someone one looking at the application thinking they wont be going back and prolonging the approval process. Im also concerned that if I apply for a pension in the future, what effect the government knowing about the marriage may have on possible pension.

Thoughts?

cheers

wondra

32 minutes ago, wondra said:

Hi

Just have a question I wondering if anyone can offer me an opinion.

I have previously had my then gf and her daughter visit me in Australia in 2018 on a Tourist Visa. I did it all myself. A bit cumbersome but got it approved.

We got married (Thai Registry office) 2018 in Bkk. We have a house in Chaiyaphum.

The wife and daughter (not adopted by me) want to come back to Australia for a visit in a few months time.

I am only planning on a Tourist Visa and have no intention of them living here now or ever as I want to retire to thailand. 

My question, in the Visa Application...should I disclose we are married? I just dont want someone one looking at the application thinking they wont be going back and prolonging the approval process. Im also concerned that if I apply for a pension in the future, what effect the government knowing about the marriage may have on possible pension.

Thoughts?

cheers

wondra

Usually a 2nd, 3rd, 4th visa application goes through with no dramas, Your wife already has a history of not being a flight risk. The fact that you are now married would probably go in her favour as it is a legitimate long term relationship etc. 

My now wife did a tourist visa when she was my GF and then another tourist visa later as my wife.

You are not applying or disclosing anything to the Australian government about being married. although Gov departments are linked etc, they are not going to be passing on to centerlink a marrige mentioned in a visa application.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Usually a 2nd, 3rd, 4th visa application goes through with no dramas, Your wife already has a history of not being a flight risk. The fact that you are now married would probably go in her favour as it is a legitimate long term relationship etc. 

My now wife did a tourist visa when she was my GF and then another tourist visa later as my wife.

You are not applying or disclosing anything to the Australian government about being married. although Gov departments are linked etc, they are not going to be passing on to centerlink a marrige mentioned in a visa application.

thanks for that Peter, much appreciated

On 1/17/2020 at 12:39 AM, White Christmas13 said:

So where in Bangkok do you get documents for visa application certified

I have been to the place about 15 years ago but can't remember the name

and address.

Nothing needs to be certified anymore for a tourist visa. Apply online and upload colour scans. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

Thailand is not listed among st countries for online applications.

https://www.australiaonlinevisa.org/

You're looking at the wrong information.

That's for an ETA.

You can apply online.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/visitor-600/tourist-stream-overseas

She will have to open an ImmiAccount.

https://online.immi.gov.au/lusc/login

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Will27 said:

You're looking at the wrong information.

That's for an ETA.

You can apply online.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/visitor-600/tourist-stream-overseas

She will have to open an ImmiAccount.

https://online.immi.gov.au/lusc/login

Thanks Will since I am not in Thailand at the moment it will be difficult for her

to fill in all the details since her English is rather poor and the application is

just in English.

13 hours ago, pdtokyo said:

My first post ... so a big "thank you" to previous posters and admin staff on this site ... there's a lot of info here.

Plodded through this thread but believe it or not i've still got some questions ... usual story, i'd like to put some background out there and get suggestions on increasing chance of getting Tourist Visa for my Thai friend to visit me in Oz.

Background

Me = Australian passport, age 67, sole income full Oz age pension about A2k/month, assets about A$100k, including about A$50k cash and A$20k super/shares. Rent a little house in Oz. Me visiting she in Bangkok for second time next month on 30 day visa on arrival.

She = Thai passport, age 47, minimal income and cash, sporadic casual work/looking after grandkids while daughter studies/works with mother on family property. Owns a little bit of land next to mother's house near Uttaradit (land currently leased to rice farmer). Family ... mother, brother, daughters x 2, son x 1 (all adult), grand-daughters 1 x 2 year old, 1 x 6 months old. Both cute. Assorted aunts and uncles. She travelled to Oz a few years ago on two week package holiday, so i guess a tour operator included her on a group visa.

Plan

I'll help her set up IMMI account when we are both in Thailand next month and start the 600 Visa application ... we aim for her to visit Oz for 4 or preferably 6 weeks May/June ... i'll be funding the trip including buying her ticket, providing accomodation and expenses and travel insurance (if required).

By end of 2020 i will abandon what remains unburned in OZ. We plan to marry in Thailand, build a tiny house (budget by then will allow for a box about 10 square metres or 2.5 rai) and live mostly on rice on her land. I will go for a married Thai visa .. but of course that is a topic for another thread.

Questions

(1) I know relationship history, photos and social media will be important part of my Thai marriage visa application ... but how much (or little) of that stuff is helpful for her 600 Visa application?

(2) Her English is 10,000% better than my Thai, but it would be helpful for me to follow her IMMI process when i return to Oz after next month's visit ... is it a good idea to put my name on the application as "adviser" or better for me to try to help her outside of IMMI via email and LINE ?

(3) She has a few ex-school friends outside Thailand ... will an additional invitation from one of her friends in Brisbane help/hinder/not make any difference to her 600 Visa application ?

(4) Given her lack of bank account, does my A$50k cash in Oz bank account cut it as security for her 4 - 6 week holiday ?

(5) Is a paid return ticket required to accompany the 600 Visa application ... naturally i'd prefer to shop for the ticket AFTER visa granted ... am i dreaming?

Naturally all responses are welcome and the funniest/most useful will attract a free bag of rice from our 2021 crop.

Peter

The main thing to keep in the back of your mind when doing the application is showing reasons for her to return to Thailand, a job, kids etc. Your GF has a history of returning to Thailand so that will be in her favor.

You will find an odd situation where they want specific information but only provide broad categories to submit documents, financial, travel etc. So a good idea to respond with a letter for each category, telling them what they want to here.

A job is a very important criteria, if GF works part time at the markets, include photos of her serving at the markets, a letter from the person she helps etc. if there is no job, explain the situation in a brief letter, if its looking after the grand kids, include photos of that.

Under financial, rather than submit empty bank book or a bank book recently topped up, write a letter saying long term BF will be paying, we met 2 years ago he will cover the costs etc. So long as you provide an invitation letter with an offer of financial support, they are not bringing in a team of accountants to look at your finances, they are more concerned you are real, didn't just meet last week etc.

1) a brief history showing you didnt just meet last week, 6-8 photos etc. Your invitation letter and any other documents should repeat the same information.  

2) There is a section in the app where GF can state who helped fill in the application etc. Not sure it would make much difference as the probably presume most Thais would get help.

3) More than one invitation letter probably wont make much difference if she already has a tick next to that box.

4) As above, so long as you are saying you will be paying, your actual finances are not that relevant, maybe just include a screenshot of online banking showing money in bank etc.

5) I think you will find Immigration actually advises not to buy a ticket prior to approval. Not sure that it would mean much anyway as it could be cancelled, not used etc.

Basically, tell them 17 times that she will be returning to Thailand, the trip is funded, and funded by a real person that she has known a long time.  Put yourself in the position of the guy doing the approval, if it looks like there is no reason to return to Thailand, she met the guy who is paying last week, it goes in the bin.

Once you set-up the immi account you can both access, update etc, a good idea to update each other as to what has been stated, submitted etc.

On 1/18/2020 at 4:38 PM, White Christmas13 said:

Thanks Will since I am not in Thailand at the moment it will be difficult for her

to fill in all the details since her English is rather poor and the application is

just in English.

So long as you have the password etc, you can login and complete/submit/update the application. 

16 hours ago, pdtokyo said:

My first post ... so a big "thank you" to previous posters and admin staff on this site ... there's a lot of info here.

Plodded through this thread but believe it or not i've still got some questions ... usual story, i'd like to put some background out there and get suggestions on increasing chance of getting Tourist Visa for my Thai friend to visit me in Oz.

Background

Me = Australian passport, age 67, sole income full Oz age pension about A2k/month, assets about A$100k, including about A$50k cash and A$20k super/shares. Rent a little house in Oz. Me visiting she in Bangkok for second time next month on 30 day visa on arrival.

She = Thai passport, age 47, minimal income and cash, sporadic casual work/looking after grandkids while daughter studies/works with mother on family property. Owns a little bit of land next to mother's house near Uttaradit (land currently leased to rice farmer). Family ... mother, brother, daughters x 2, son x 1 (all adult), grand-daughters 1 x 2 year old, 1 x 6 months old. Both cute. Assorted aunts and uncles. She travelled to Oz a few years ago on two week package holiday, so i guess a tour operator included her on a group visa.

Plan

I'll help her set up IMMI account when we are both in Thailand next month and start the 600 Visa application ... we aim for her to visit Oz for 4 or preferably 6 weeks May/June ... i'll be funding the trip including buying her ticket, providing accomodation and expenses and travel insurance (if required).

By end of 2020 i will abandon what remains unburned in OZ. We plan to marry in Thailand, build a tiny house (budget by then will allow for a box about 10 square metres or 2.5 rai) and live mostly on rice on her land. I will go for a married Thai visa .. but of course that is a topic for another thread.

Questions

(1) I know relationship history, photos and social media will be important part of my Thai marriage visa application ... but how much (or little) of that stuff is helpful for her 600 Visa application?

(2) Her English is 10,000% better than my Thai, but it would be helpful for me to follow her IMMI process when i return to Oz after next month's visit ... is it a good idea to put my name on the application as "adviser" or better for me to try to help her outside of IMMI via email and LINE ?

(3) She has a few ex-school friends outside Thailand ... will an additional invitation from one of her friends in Brisbane help/hinder/not make any difference to her 600 Visa application ?

(4) Given her lack of bank account, does my A$50k cash in Oz bank account cut it as security for her 4 - 6 week holiday ?

(5) Is a paid return ticket required to accompany the 600 Visa application ... naturally i'd prefer to shop for the ticket AFTER visa granted ... am i dreaming?

Naturally all responses are welcome and the funniest/most useful will attract a free bag of rice from our 2021 crop.

Peter

The two main issues that caught my eye, are that unless I've missed it, you don't say how you met

or how long you've known her.

This is pretty important in the scheme of things.

Also, seems a bit strange to me that you say she has little money yet she went to Oz on a holiday a few years ago.

Are you 100 % sure it was with a tour group?

I'd want some more information.

From what you've said, I would also consider renting for 6 to 12 months when you get there instead of building a house.

Get to know the lie of the land first. It's totally different having a 30 day holiday to living somewhere 24/7.

Also, as you haven't got a lot of assets, you will need money in the bank if you want to apply for marriage extensions as your

OAP might not make the 40 000 Baht per month. So you won't want to spend most of your money on a house. 

Peterw42 has pretty much answered the rest.

Good luck mate.

On 2/19/2012 at 6:08 PM, David48 said:

Who is VSF (Thailand) Ltd?

VSF Global is an Indian visa facilitation services company and have local establishments in most countries. It has taken over all visa processing of Western countries. 

3 hours ago, pdtokyo said:

Thanks Peterw42 and Will27 for your helpful and positive replies. Strangely enough i'm told i'm 'hansum, slim and look same young man' same as Peterw2 but in real life look more like Will27's hound ... but older.

A bit more background and a correction ...

Correction Will27, i wasn't paying attention when she told me but ... her previous trip to Oz was four years ago with her ex-, he organised the visa so i don't know if she is represented in the IMMI system ... but she does have an Oz visa stamp in passport. Usual story, she walked away from the marriage with nil assets plus a little debt now paid off. Why they bothered with either (1) the marriage or (2) a one-week trip to Oz escapes me, but there you go. Her property is from her deceased grandfather.  

Her name as Natty, we met online (DateInAsia) August 2019 and have a lot of LINE chat history since then, daily video calls. My first visit to her November 2019 for a month and February this year will be second month together ... we stayed together in BKK in AirBnB and tiny hotel in her home village ... same agenda when i visit again next month. Plenty of pix with her, me and her family.

I'm still trying to get a handle on how thick i need to lay on the relationship thing in her Oz Tourist Visa ... isn't there a danger of making it look like she's sneaking into Oz as a fiance/spouse? Or aren't they bothered?

To be clear, i'm happy and looking forward to marriage with Natty in Thailand later, but we need to do it on our terms ... OZ pension will be slashed as soon as i report marriage so i think best path is 30-day visas on arrival until house is commenced and then marriage visa.

Yes, money keeps me awake but i calculate that after marriage and reduced Oz pension we will look like this ...

Peter savings = B1,600,000
Peter savings = $80,000

Pension = B343,500 each year = B28,630 each month - B5,000 insurance = B23,630 each month
Pension = $17,178 each year = $1,435 each month - $250 insurance = $1,185 each month

Thai Government Bank deposit = B400,000 - B343,560 = B56,440 needs to stay in Thai Bank
Thai Government bank account = $20,000 - $17,178 = $2,822 needs to stay in Thai Bank

Natty and Peter bank account = B1,600,000 - B56,400 = B1,543,600
Natty and Peter bank account = $80,000 - $2,822 = $77,178

Bottom line is B1.5m (sounds better in baht) available in bank and B23k a month income. Not a lot but we both like a simple life. And rice.

Off-topic and i hope to get further help from this forum with the building process but tiny timber knockdowns seem available around B850,000 say B1m with cement floor. Realistic?

Peterw42 ...

Your point (5) no paid ticket required before OZ 600 Visa is good news. I wonder why Oz embassy doesn't make that clear in their multi-page website blurb? Rhetorical question, we will never know.

Letters from mother requiring Natty's return to help her and from Natty's daughter requiring help with child care are not a problem ...

Natty's work is cooking with a Japanese national friend (and i'm sure not supposed to employ anyone in Thailand). There's a hand-written contract but maybe her friend would not appreciate Natty filing a copy of that with her OZ 600 visa application ... is an OZ 600 Visa application ever likely to seep into the Thai immigration or tax system? Or am i being paranoid?

Another massive post from me but I'm an old Virgo with time on my hands and prone to anxiety ... a bad combination.

Thanks again for your help. A bag of rice will be waiting for both of you.

You probably don't want to hear this, but as you've asked for advice, I recommend to slow down a bit.

I know you met online in August, but you have only met her in person

in November. So, in two/three months, you want to sell up, move to Thailand, build her a house

and judging by your latest post, put all of your savings into a joint account.

If I were you, I'd be delaying the visa application for as long as you can.

You said you want her to visit in May/June. Then get most of the application ready on the ImmiAccount

and submit it in May sometime.

The reason being is that in Immigrations eyes, you've really only just met her, so

the longer you can put off submitting the application the better.

As far as mentioning your relationship in the application, just be honest.

I still recommend renting for a while.

You've haven't known her that long and yet want to put a large percentage of your life savings into

building a house for her.

You've said you will have 1.6 million Baht in savings and you want to build her a place for around a million.

You will still have to furnish it and have things like repairs, transport and other stuff always comes up.

Doesn't leave a lot left.

Anyway, there is a house/building subforum on her that you can ask your questions in.

Who will you be insured with?

Nothing from her application will go to Thai authorities so nothing to worry about there.

From the embassy website about buying tickets: 

"Do not make travel commitments or bookings before your visa application is finalised.  We cannot be held responsible if your application is not finalised in time for your pre-booked travel. Making and paying for a travel booking cannot be accepted as reason to request urgent processing of the grant of a visa."

Hope this helps.

Edited by Will27

26 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

Will27 more thoughtful advice there ... 

I'd totally missed the 'travel commitments' para from the Oz embassy website so apologies to them and thanks to you for extracting it for me.

ALL sound advice is welcome and 'slow down' generally makes sense unless riding a nice motorbike.

For better or worse (no pun intended) my nature is to commit to relationships early and often and for what it is worth i am very confident of Natty's nature and our future.

On the other side of the ledger I have a 'NTL' (Nothing To Lose) philosophy ... hopefully I'll enjoy another 10 years of active healthy life and two possible futures are likely ... 

(1) stick around OZ with dwindling assets and the nice bike and leave what remains to a couple of adult kids who neither need nor care much

or

(2) put the pre-dwindled resources into Natty's life and trust that we will genuinely care for each other in future, there are also two tiny grand-kids and a smallish nephew where some of my time and money may be more useful.

... an NTL choice if ever i saw one ...

But i will follow your advice on delaying the 600 Visa longer ... i can see that will increase chance of approval and haha yes it's always good practice to look at things from the point of view of visa official/tax officer/motorbike cop. If there's no downside to starting the IMMI process early and taking a while to complete it then that's a good idea too!

It's getting hard to predict when or if winter will happen in OZ but she looks forward to experiencing one so maybe September/October in Oz will also subtract a bit of monsoon-time from our lives. 

Do you ask about mandatory insurance for the Thai retirement visa?

Down the track for me but i got the following from AA broker Phuket office this month, others may find it useful but i'm sure it's posted elsewhere ...

OA Visa Plans Premiums.pdf 46.57 kB · 0 downloads

Premiums age 67 seem to be B50k - B60k range and most are renewable to age 90 (or even 100 if i should be so unlucky). 

Here are the corresponding company/policy features to go with those rates ...

OA Visa Plans Companies.pdf 48.25 kB · 1 download

Travel insurance from OZ ?

About to sign up for a 1 year multi-trip 30-day max per trip no-frills policy at my age premium is about A$185 (B3,700) with online insurer InsureAndGo  ... a picture there below somewhere* ... the 15% 'discount' seems to be a semi-permanent offer with different names (SENIOR15, EXPLORE15, GULLIBLE15 etc). There's a few verbal or online medical screening questions but nothing that other insurers wouldn't exclude. Their cheapo policy covers medical/hospital/public liability and not much else but it's interesting to compare and contrast with cost of the Thai insurers. Captive expat market is my guess. 

Pip pip

* I'm not touting them ... simply pointing out they're cheap and seem to target seniors ... but Mr/Ms Moderator please feel free to remove the pic if it offends.

InsureAndGo.JPG

Nice work mate.

Just so there's no confusion, I'm fully in agreement with you making the move.

Whatever makes you happy.

Just think you shouldn't put all of your eggs in one basket straight away.

But that's just me.

Good luck mate.

1 hour ago, pdtokyo said:

hahaha thanks Will27 but i'm getting down to two eggs and one basket ... so decision a no-brainer!

A little update on my situation ... Natty's ''employer" ... her Japanese cooking friend is understandably nervous about having her name used on an employment letter to support Natty's Oz 600 Visa ... but ...

Natty's son-in-law (father to her grand-kids) is a US citizen based in BKK ... i'd forgotten that he is also Thai citizen by descent (his mother Thai-born living in US). The son-in-law is professional sportsman and often touring. Their plan is to relocate to US when grand-kids approach school age so 2021-ish. Natty and i want to volunteer to look after the grand-kids either in BKK or in village while Natty's daughter does job training in BKK to make herself employable in US.  

They've paid Natty pocket money whenever she's stayed with them in BKK and looked after the grand-kids (she'd be happy to pay THEM for that job!) ... do you think that situation could be finessed into a "job" for Natty to have to return to after Oz holiday?

by the bye i understand BKK folk are concerned about air quality ... spare a thought for residents of Parkes (a country town 350km west of Sydney) ... this drone video from last week ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esz6ne9x9yM&feature=youtu.be

... and the Oz government is currently falling over itself sending out new 'marketing' messages to encourage in-bound tourism ... hmm ... maybe they could try a 30 day free visa on arrival scheme ... and chuck in a few free face masks.

Don't over think the job situation.

Yep, it would be nice if she had a long term job that she could return to, but's it's not a deal breaker

for Immigration. 

There's lot's of Thai's who get granted visas who are unemployed.

Just put in a strong application, don't overload them with <deleted> and take your chances.

From the information you've provided, the main problem will be the length of the relationship.

But this has been somewhat addressed.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

Will27 you are on the ball ... "Don't over think ..." is good advice ... i'll focus on that 100% ???? have a great day

Good aye Peter, I'm actually in a very similar circumstance, I'm just going through the visa process for my girl to come and visit for a month in March or April. I managed to fill in most of the online application but the last page of questions became a little too overwhelming so I photocopied all my details and supporting documents, plus a signed copy of my invitation/ sponsorship. I then posted all my details to my GF and she is going to make an appointment and then travel to the Australian embassy in Bangkok with her supporting documents and apply in person. I was told that the invitation should be informative and precise (regarding your 100% support and full responsibility during her stay) but not to make it to long and over-complicated. 

I wish I could be more helpful but like yourself, I'm just nervously/patiently waiting for the bureaucratic wheels to turn. One thing I will say, the fact that Natty has already previously visited and returned should hold her in good stead because I think immigrations biggest concern is people looking for opportunities to stay permanently without going through the correct process. 

Good luck and I hope you have a great future together. 

Andrew

3 hours ago, pdtokyo said:

Andrew thank you and good luck to you too and i hope you will let us all know of your progress.

Obviously i'm a newbie but maybe someone else could tell you if your girlfriend will still be given an IMMI account even if she applies in person in BKK ?

My guess is that every applicant gets an IMMI account ... if so maybe your girlfriend can include you as an adviser so at least you can follow her progress from Oz ... maybe help her with English if required. 

<snip>
  On 1/20/2020 at 9:33 PM, pdtokyo said:

<snip>

Peterw42 Posted Tuesday at 12:52 PM

2) There is a section in the app where GF can state who helped fill in the application etc. Not sure it would make much difference as the probably presume most Thais would get help.

<snip>

Hi Peter and thank you for the tip about putting me down as an advisor, I think it's a great idea and I'm always willing to help smooth the process, so I'll be sure to mention it. 

I'll definitely keep you informed of any progress or success...... As others have mentioned I think immigration is mainly concerned about us having enough funds to fully cover all expenses and feeling reassured they will return at the designated time so from that perspective we both should be okay.

Cheers and good luck. 

Here's information from Immigration regarding importing a paper application and

sharing one.

Share an application

Share a visa application with another ImmiAccount for someone to:

• view your application
  • attach documents to your application

You can only share an application with the status

• Received
  • Initial Assessment
  • Further Assessment
  • Finalised

To share an application log in to ImmiAccount and: 

1. select the check box for the application you want to share
  2. select 'Actions'
  3. select 'Share' from the list
  4. enter the email address and username for the ImmiAccount you want to share with

You can select the check box for 'Remove the application from my list after it has been shared'. Or you can remove it from your list after. 

Select 'Confirm'.

Import an application

You can import some online or paper visa applications to ImmiAccount.

You cannot import:

• paper applications that do not have an online equivalent
  • partner visa applications (including partner sponsorship applications)
  • organisation applications or nominations
  • applications where the application ID on the acknowledgement letter begins with ‘IRIS’
  • applications you have not yet submitted
  • finalised paper applications

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/applying-online-or-on-paper/online

7 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

Will27 if it wasn't for the picture of the hound i'd guess you are a robot ... you are so quick ????

To be clear ... does 'sharing' here mean that applicant for a 600 Tourist visa can only share their IMMI account with someone else who also has an IMMI account ?

I'd hoped that when we start her IMMI process in Thailand that she could name me as an advisor in her application and i could at least view her application from Oz.

... it sounds like Andrew the AverageBloke would welcome the same sort of access but i gather his girlfriend is about to start a paper application. ... do you know if embassy automatically create an IMMI account for every application ?

I'd be amazed if they didn't ... the Oz government is deeply in love with their computer systems ... even though they frequently ????

The way I read it, you're providing the details of your immiAccount so the person you share it with is just looking at the one account. So only one immiAccount is required.

I've given information about importing details from a paper application to an ImmiAccount.

• Thanks 1