Australian Tourist Visa Application

14 minutes ago, weri said:

Yep, totally agree with you, the mugs at the Embassy are not interested in helping at all, all they want your money and more money, I have complaint to the Embassy, the Department of Home Affairs, the local MP and the Ambassador, reply - ? zilch nothing, obviously the Australian Government is not interested in genuine Tourists but grant free entry to terrorists and other scum. It's disgusting ! 

Really, about 95% of visitor visa applications get approved.

I take it your partner had had a visa denied.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:25 PM, ChalongDobie said:

HI all,

Just went through the process of trying to obtain a visa class 600 multi entry tourist visa for wife.Of course Fortress Taxstralia (bad people in good people out) denied the visa on the grounds of not submitting biometrics. Well I would have sworn as she had completed that the the year before when obtaining same visa that as you have them already what has changed? No reply from email to embassy as expected.Lesson learnt and out of pocket 3500 baht. The immi account of course mentions nothing about having 14 days to submit your biometrics.Nope lets just take this mugs money and who in the bejesus is going to challenge the decision at 1700AUD. 

Did you receive a letter/email requesting the biometrics?

1 minute ago, Will27 said:

Where's that from?

It's in Thai.

An agent at a guess.

Anyway, the embassy doesn't quote visas, the prices are listed

on the immigration website.

yes it is in Thai and English I will find out where she got that from according to her she rang the embassy and they send her this information

4 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

yes it is in Thai and English I will find out where she got that from according to her she rang the embassy and they send her this information

Will be an agent I assume.

I've posted the prices for you.

On 11/16/2018 at 12:25 AM, ChalongDobie said:

HI all,

Just went through the process of trying to obtain a visa class 600 multi entry tourist visa for wife.Of course Fortress Taxstralia (bad people in good people out) denied the visa on the grounds of not submitting biometrics. Well I would have sworn as she had completed that the the year before when obtaining same visa that as you have them already what has changed? No reply from email to embassy as expected.Lesson learnt and out of pocket 3500 baht. The immi account of course mentions nothing about having 14 days to submit your biometrics.Nope lets just take this mugs money and who in the bejesus is going to challenge the decision at 1700AUD. 

Biometrics for a Tourist Visa are only valid for 6 months.

It obvious that any request from IMMI to complete a Visa application needs to be answered, promptly.

I'd look closer to home on who dropped the ball.

On 11/17/2018 at 2:42 PM, Will27 said:

Where's that from?

It's in Thai.

An agent at a guess.

Anyway, the embassy doesn't quote visas, the prices are listed

on the immigration website.

Its not an official VFS or Australian Embassy webpage.

But you are wrong, the Australian Embassy Website in Thailand has links to current visa and VFS charges and fees.

2 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

How and where do you get biometrics done 

They are done at either the nearest Australian embassy to the applicant or an appointed Agent (like VFS).

Aussie Immigration will contact you directly to request where and when you need to go to get your Biometrics done, and what Identification/Documentation you need to bring with you.

You can't get this done ahead of the request, just be patient and wait for the request.

But do note that for most Visitor Visa's, IMMI allow only 14 days for you to complete the request.  Unless you request an extension.

12 hours ago, omegaman said:

Its not an official VFS or Australian Embassy webpage.

But you are wrong, the Australian Embassy Website in Thailand has links to current visa and VFS charges and fees.

I was replying to White Christmas who said he was "quoted a much higher price by the embassy".

Maybe the wrong terminology but I assumed he meant he was given an estimate.

The embassy will tell you a price or let you know where prices can be found.

They don't give estimates.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Isn't there a process where you can question the Australian Immigration authority's denial of entry. I knew a mate who's Thai partner was originally rejected entry to Ozz as she had spent a bit of time in a lockup in Singapore... She fully declared she had been in the sin bin when applying for the Tourist Visa... At the interview after being originally denied she was granted a 3 month tourist Visa.

On 11/28/2018 at 10:41 PM, Thaifish said:

Isn't there a process where you can question the Australian Immigration authority's denial of entry. I knew a mate who's Thai partner was originally rejected entry to Ozz as she had spent a bit of time in a lockup in Singapore... She fully declared she had been in the sin bin when applying for the Tourist Visa... At the interview after being originally denied she was granted a 3 month tourist Visa.

Depending on the reason for rejection, you may or may not be able to appeal the decision.  Any visa application that mentions criminal history usually goes to VACCU for expert review.  Usually VACCU decisions can be appealed.  Appeals are complicated and usually need an expert to ensure success.

On 11/17/2018 at 2:31 PM, Will27 said:

Really, about 95% of visitor visa applications get approved.

I take it your partner had had a visa denied.

To be accurate less than 60% of first time VV are granted, overall the average is about 72% of all VV's are approved.  The grant rate has not been over 90% since 1992. The refusal rate is increasing rapidly with current government policy.  I recall that the new 500 Student Visa has a grant rate of less than 56%, trippling in the number of refusals over the last 4 years (accounting for increased application numbers).

On 11/28/2018 at 5:53 PM, weri said:

like to see your 95% of approved visa applications, every one I've talked to had the application denied at least once, so what is it? making extra money for the useless visa checker who go on a power trip?? 

My application ticked all the points and I wanted to see the Embassy on my next visit for any further questions and/or requests, so what happened? 3 days after submitting my application this idiotic Atchima with position number...bla bla… refused my application as stated: after "careful consideration" I came to the conclusion that the applicant has no intention to return to Thailand. 

This has to be the ultimate act of stupidity and it is intolerable that one person has the power to reject an application and that one has no possibility to question that person (Atchima) how came to the "careful consideration" ???

All visa refusals go through a review before the final decision.  The system usually starts the process on a statistical based analysis of similar applicants, and any automatic data searches. Then the examiner makes a recommendation to deny, then his supervisor must confirm the reasoning.  This is embassy process, there are more review steps with VFS staff decisions.

Dont blame the examiner, blame the regulations, and current government policy. 

23 hours ago, omegaman said:

To be accurate less than 60% of first time VV are granted, overall the average is about 72% of all VV's are approved.  The grant rate has not been over 90% since 1992. The refusal rate is increasing rapidly with current government policy.  I recall that the new 500 Student Visa has a grant rate of less than 56%, trippling in the number of refusals over the last 4 years (accounting for increased application numbers).

Where do you get your figures from? 

The grant rate has not been over 90% since 1992. The refusal rate is increasing rapidly with current government policy. 

The official statistics for approval of visitor visas from Thailand is 90.4% https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/research-and-stats/files/visitor-visa-june-2018.pdf page 29. and has been increasing in the last year.

The grant rate has been around the 85-93% mark for years. You can look it up here https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/research-and-statistics/statistics/visa-statistics/visit

I recall that the new 500 Student Visa has a grant rate of less than 56%, trippling in the number of refusals over the last 4 years (accounting for increased application numbers).

The official statistics for approval of student visas from Thailand is currently 79.3% they dropped from about 90% in early 2017, but have been on the increase for the last year. https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/research-and-stats/files/student-temporary-grad-program-report-jun-2018.pdf 

Edited by PhanomR
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2018 at 3:29 PM, weri said:

My visa application was for a married Thai woman who has husband and son and her own house as well as two brother and large family, also very involve in local community work, like Thai dance and anniversaries, living in Thailand, also is of mature age and wanted to visit myself and partner (wife) to see some of Australia after they (her family) showed me lots of Thailand, so as a "thank you" I wanted to show her some of my country. I've known her family since 2014 and have been with them 3 times, I had contacted the Embassy several times and asked for an appointment before sending in the application, so I could discuss any further evidence they might require, never had an answer back from them and my application (that ticked all required points) was rejected after 3 days by this "Atchima" who claims, that after "careful consideration" the person in the application would have "NO" intention to return to Thailand. 

So what is the Australian Embassy doing???? And why us there no recourse??? what about the fee paid??? This is unbelievable stupidity from the Embassy that's supposed to help the tourists,  

There is not an appeal process available for rejection of a TV, plus application fee is not refunded. If it is really important to you, try another application. FYI current requirements and application processes at URLs below.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/visitor-600/tourist-stream-overseas

https://www.vfsglobal.com/Australia/Thailand/visitor_visa.html

Edited by simple1

My visa application was for a married Thai woman who has husband and son and her own house as well as two brother and large family, also very involve in local community work, like Thai dance and anniversaries, living in Thailand, also is of mature age and wanted to visit myself and partner (wife) to see some of Australia after they (her family) showed me lots of Thailand, so as a "thank you" I wanted to show her some of my country. I've known her family since 2014 and have been with them 3 times, I had contacted the Embassy several times and asked for an appointment before sending in the application, so I could discuss any further evidence they might require, never had an answer back from them and my application (that ticked all required points) was rejected after 3 days by this "Atchima" who claims, that after "careful consideration" the person in the application would have "NO" intention to return to Thailand. 
So what is the Australian Embassy doing???? And why us there no recourse??? what about the fee paid??? This is unbelievable stupidity from the Embassy that's supposed to help the tourists,  

Sadly it’s the old story, of those whom have stuffed it up over the years. Taken advantage of the Australian generosity, I too tried to get my brother in-law a tourist visa, I had done many tourist visas prior so I thought I had a handle on it, I must say I have been with my partner for 3 years and been to Thailand nearly 20 times in that time. My partner’s family are all hard working old fashioned farmers, ( minimal income) but live well of the sniff of an oily rag. Everyone was happy and excited that I would show my brother in-law my country, we proved that he made around 130k baht for the year through farming and he also had worked in Sweden for 10 weeks every year and had a wife and young daughter in Thailand. I said on the visa I would provide all food and board as well as setting out a well detailed holiday plan, that included camping, my birthday and the Australian GP.
The answer was a refusal on the grounds that he doesn’t make the money of what they say there data shows of the average farming Thai family and in there view he would not return home. I was gutted for him, the family and for myself, but as I mentioned above it is all those whom have and continue to not abide buy the visa rules that stuff it up for everyone else, also I forgot to mention the 8 hrs bus ride to Bangkok for a 10 minute biomedical assessment to simple hope in the bus and make the 8 hrs trip home.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

44 minutes ago, amy916 said:

Australia’s broader migration program has been revolutionised over a generation, and with little consultative public debate.Australia does not have an explicit population policy or minister – Australia’s immigration policy is its de facto population policy,The movement away from family migration to skilled migration targeting national workforce needs for the country.

Interesting first post Amy, particularly the use of the word, workplace, to link to a site for incontinence pads!  Thankyou.

On subject,  I would suggest the Migration program is the population policy, and a separate department and minister for population control is not necessary. This program allows a mix of people the opportunity to become Australians under humanitarian, family or required skills categories.

Immigration is always one of the main electoral issues and public debate is often loud and fierce. It frequently decides which way the ballot boxes go.

On 12/4/2018 at 4:29 PM, weri said:

I think it comes down to a poor application then anything else, unless there's something about her background they found out that you may not know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chpied said:

Sadly it’s the old story, of those whom have stuffed it up over the years. Taken advantage of the Australian generosity, I too tried to get my brother in-law a tourist visa, I had done many tourist visas prior so I thought I had a handle on it, I must say I have been with my partner for 3 years and been to Thailand nearly 20 times in that time. My partner’s family are all hard working old fashioned farmers, ( minimal income) but live well of the sniff of an oily rag. Everyone was happy and excited that I would show my brother in-law my country, we proved that he made around 130k baht for the year through farming and he also had worked in Sweden for 10 weeks every year and had a wife and young daughter in Thailand. I said on the visa I would provide all food and board as well as setting out a well detailed holiday plan, that included camping, my birthday and the Australian GP.
The answer was a refusal on the grounds that he doesn’t make the money of what they say there data shows of the average farming Thai family and in there view he would not return home. I was gutted for him, the family and for myself, but as I mentioned above it is all those whom have and continue to not abide buy the visa rules that stuff it up for everyone else, also I forgot to mention the 8 hrs bus ride to Bangkok for a 10 minute biomedical assessment to simple hope in the bus and make the 8 hrs trip home.

Did you explain in the application how he made that money with evidence?  

To contrast some of the experiences here, I recently (this month) got a tourist visa for a female friend who doesn't have a job as such (works on the family farm) no documented income, no money to support herself. Granted a multi entry visa that doesn't even have a "no further stay" condition attached.

I think it comes down to doing a good application that covers any possible questions or doubts the assessor may have.  

• Like 1

Did you explain in the application how he made that money with evidence?  

To contrast some of the experiences here, I recently (this month) got a tourist visa for a female friend who doesn't have a job as such (works on the family farm) no documented income, no money to support herself. Granted a multi entry visa that doesn't even have a "no further stay" condition attached.

I think it comes down to doing a good application that covers any possible questions or doubts the assessor may have.  

I think my application was more than what was required, i showed bank details, explained about what and how his farm works. I had previously done a 3 month tourist visa for my partners son, to my surprise they gave him a 12 month multiple entry visa on his first application, he is 20 not married no children, I would of thought if there was any risk it would be him ( on there assessment criteria ). I do understand the amount of applications they must get but I believe if you are the sponsor, then the onus’s should be on you that they return and if they don’t return, you will be fined $5k AUD, far better than a refusal for someone that will 100% return home and will be supported 100% while he is hear.

14 minutes ago, weri said:

coming to think of it, who in the right mind want to come to the <deleted> up Australia anyway? I in my mind I go rather to Thailand and spend a few weeks with great people and best hospitality, than travel around in this laughable country called Australia which I choose to migrate to in 1970 and have regretted it of late as this once great country is systematically destroyed by the stupidity of our greedy politicians. Whish is also reflected in the stupidity of the Australian Embassies! 

So where do you call home? Might be time to bugger off some where else!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1