Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Australian Tourist Visa Application

19 hours ago, AustralianVisa said:

The so called self professed experts who think it is all easy are neither helpful or correct.

Just to balance this post out a bit.

It's in the best interest of this poster to make it seem harder than it really is, as that's how they derive their living, so keep that in mind when reading their post. 

Saying the process is easy isn't in their commercial interest. 

For most people in a relationship with the applicant, the process is easy and straightforward. But a relationship is what a reasonable person would judge it by. If you met the girl in a bar or online and have visited her once, your not really in a relationship even if you think you are.

As Will27 has said the chances of getting a visa are fairly high, it's mostly bad or poor applications that get refused or as above or people thinking they as citizens have the right to invite anyone they seem fit too, just because the guarantee that person. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, xerostar said:

for example:

"from omegaman
HI all,

Seriously if you can't follow the simple steps, employ the services of an agent.  But don't say the process isn't simple when the person doesn't follow the required steps. You do know they are notified that the biometrics are required and its clearly stated on the immigration website and even VFS website.  

Edited by PhanomR

On 2/25/2019 at 3:09 AM, Haso said:

For the info of those Aussies interested... I lodged my Partners Visa Application Subclass 600 electronically for her 2nd visit Australia for (3 months) in mid February after travelling from Phuket to Bangkok for the biometrics. Shame they don't have that service here yet. The visit to VFS was efficient, fast and professional. It took about 15 minutes. No problems. Three days later I received an email on her behalf "Granted". I thought .. What's all the fuss about.? Was I just lucky to have no issues??Better still they approved a 12 moth visa when I only applied for three months.. Better still again it was for 3 month multiple visits on each occasion for a period of 12 months. Happy wife.. Happy life. Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Hi

Same here.  Last month I also applied online for a Subclass 600 for both my wife and myself.  But as we are in Chiang Mai the missus was able to get the biometrics done here in CM.  Me, I had to do a medical in CM Ram hospital.   The wife received her "Granted"  three days later.  It was another three weeks before I got mine.

No complaints, excellent service

1 hour ago, JohnMidnight said:

Hi

Same here.  Last month I also applied online for a Subclass 600 for both my wife and myself.  But as we are in Chiang Mai the missus was able to get the biometrics done here in CM.  Me, I had to do a medical in CM Ram hospital.   The wife received her "Granted"  three days later.  It was another three weeks before I got mine.

No complaints, excellent service

Forgot to add :   For us both, they approved a 12 moth visa when I only applied for three months.. Better still again it was for 3 month multiple visits on each occasion for a period of 12 months

On 3/24/2014 at 8:29 AM, scd said:

Hello

I'm wondering about the exact definition of "Certified Copy" of Thai Documents as required by the Australian governement when making a visa application.

I'm looking at taking my partner over for a short holiday and want to provide as much proof of return documentation as possible i.e tabien baan, her business registration, etc.

I've currently got a thread going on the Chiang Mai board - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/713124-certified-copies-of-thai-documents/?p=7601410 also.

Any help and/or adivce would be very much appreciated.

With thanks.

Sometime you need to read between the lines because DIAC won't come out and say

"you have only known each other for 2 months" or something similiar.

To me, that will be DIAC's biggest concern. There's only approx 2 months of knowing each other.

Another issue could also be the length of time she requested the visa for. If it was for 3 months first

up after only meeting In Jan, that would be a deal breaker IMO.

A letter from an employer wouldn't hurt but at the end of the day, DIAC probably want to see

a bit more time togther.

56 minutes ago, MONIKATSI said:

Sometime you need to read between the lines because DIAC won't come out and say

"you have only known each other for 2 months" or something similiar.

To me, that will be DIAC's biggest concern. There's only approx 2 months of knowing each other.

Another issue could also be  FileZilla Malwarebytes Rufus the length of time she requested the visa for. If it was for 3 months first

up after only meeting In Jan, that would be a deal breaker IMO.

A letter from an employer wouldn't hurt but at the end of the day, DIAC probably want to see

a bit more time togther.

Hi guys, thanks for the answers and insights!

Just one additional thing: do they only start reviewing the submission after the biometrics have been collected? Or is it the case that they already start reviewing as soon as you submit and then they let you know the outcome shortly after you've dropped by for biometrics?

Reason I'm asking: processing times are roughly 2 weeks and she can only go to Bkk for biometrics in 2 weeks time. So if they only start processing after she has done the biometrics, I lose 2 weeks basically. Since I had hoped to get her here by the 22nd of March so we can then go back to Thailand together to celebrate Song Kran, that would basically kill that plan.

On 3/5/2019 at 3:06 AM, Silvermane said:

Hi guys, thanks for the answers and insights!

Just one additional thing: do they only start reviewing the submission after the biometrics have been collected? Or is it the case that they already start reviewing as soon as you submit and then they let you know the outcome shortly after you've dropped by for biometrics?

Reason I'm asking: processing times are roughly 2 weeks and she can only go to Bkk for biometrics in 2 weeks time. So if they only start processing after she has done the biometrics, I lose 2 weeks basically. Since I had hoped to get her here by the 22nd of March so we can then go back to Thailand together to celebrate Song Kran, that would basically kill that plan.

When we did ours, got an email within 24 hours of the biometrics to say it was approved.

Edited by rhodie

Changes to Partner visas expected to be introduced in July along with an increase in fees and requirements.  Applicants will need to apply for approved sponsorship prior to submitting a partner application.  This will add delays and costs.  Details are expected to be announced in April. 

48 minutes ago, OffshoreMig said:

Changes to Partner visas expected to be introduced in July along with an increase in fees and requirements.  Applicants will need to apply for approved sponsorship prior to submitting a partner application.  This will add delays and costs.  Details are expected to be announced in April. 

Do you work for AU immigration?

The reason I ask is after many complaints, even to the ombudsman I still have a large problem dealing with AUI...

I have been visiting Australia for many years, dating back to 1994. I had three work visas and - since 2004 - three tourist visas to visit family and friends.

At this point I will add that I am a (white) South African man, in his 50s with three grown up (Australian citizen) children (and a gaggle of grandkids). Am I sounding like a national security threat to Australia yet? I must be, as when I apply for a tourist visa I face incredible hardship trying to deal with all the ridiculous obstacles put in my way.

For example, I have to provide army discharge papers, from 1984 when they know very well there was conscription at the time so nothing nefarious going on there!

Also, I am now required to provide a Police Clearance Cert (PCC) from Bangkok.

Let me add also I live in the south so getting to and from the BIg-Smoke is expensive and tedious - when you are forced to make at least two trips - one for PCC and then back for BIO and even possibly a medical. In total a 3 month tourist visa will cost me about 15,000 THB.

I complained that their online system does not give you all the facts before you make payment, allowing you to plan for all this bullshit. Once you pay only then do you get informed of BIO and medical requirements - a scam if you ask me as you are also only given limited time...

I also complained about the fact I have lived here in Thailand, at the same address since 2005, and have visited Aus twice from here since - without all this crap.

We are informed the BIO data will be required EVERY visa. Do my fingerprints expire?

Let me say again - TOURIST VISA, 3 MONTHS. You know, the one my English friend who lives here can apply for in the guise of an E-visa. $20 and off he goes.

If this is not discrimination then what is? 

Edited by ParadiseLost

3 hours ago, OffshoreMig said:

The changes to the Partner visas requiring the sponsor to be approved first will take effect no later than 10 June 2019. The law was given Royal Assent on 10 December 2018.

On 1 July the fees will increase.

Not sure if this is helpful or not.  Back in 2012 the, now wife , girlfriend applied for a' normal ' tourist visa.  She's a farm girl and got knocked back.  Shortly after that she reapplied for a sponsored tourist visa.  I supplied quite a few photos of us together with her family and friends,  naming each person and the various occasions where the photos were taken, Songkran,  birthday party  with dates etc etc. I also supplied evidence of communication between us,  a power bill for my house,  a rates notice for my house, an invitation letter for her to stay with me and an undertaking to provide private medical insurance for her ( BUPA).  She got a three month tourist visa.  She also got another four after that, so with my trips to Thailand we were pretty well together for 18 months or so. 

There weren't any biometric requirements back then.  She has had permanent residency for two years now so the next major event will be citizenship. I hope she can pass the exam.  I tried it online and failed!!!

I hope this may help. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Not sure if this is helpful or not.  Back in 2012 the, now wife , girlfriend applied for a' normal ' tourist visa.  She's a farm girl and got knocked back.  Shortly after that she reapplied for a sponsored tourist visa.  I supplied quite a few photos of us together with her family and friends,  naming each person and the various occasions where the photos were taken, Songkran,  birthday party  with dates etc etc. I also supplied evidence of communication between us,  a power bill for my house,  a rates notice for my house, an invitation letter for her to stay with me and an undertaking to provide private medical insurance for her ( BUPA).  She got a three month tourist visa.  She also got another four after that, so with my trips to Thailand we were pretty well together for 18 months or so. 

There weren't any biometric requirements back then.  She has had permanent residency for two years now so the next major event will be citizenship. I hope she can pass the exam.  I tried it online and failed!!!

I hope this may help. 

Does she play football? Apparently that's all you need.

• 1 month later...

Some of the reasons that thai women find it hard to get here into Australia have a bad record of some of them being deceitful to their sponsors my one for example only used me through a child which was mine never intended to be honest with me only to use me in the end she did leave me so personally now I never can put trust especially with thai women so always make sure you are getting a honest partner not a deceitful one it does not how much money you pay at the embassy if you not sure don't bring them to your country

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2019 at 11:44 AM, kanga09 said:

Some of the reasons that thai women find it hard to get here into Australia have a bad record of some of them being deceitful to their sponsors my one for example only used me through a child which was mine never intended to be honest with me only to use me in the end she did leave me so personally now I never can put trust especially with thai women so always make sure you are getting a honest partner not a deceitful one it does not how much money you pay at the embassy if you not sure don't bring them to your country

Rubbish, Immigration could not care less about your poor choice in women, well except for the fact they give you 2 chances to get it right.

The government has no interest if your relationship last past the 2 year mark. If you couldn't work out she was bad news (if that's even true) after 2 years, you can't expect the government to work it out for you.

Its people like you that force the government to act to try and protect you, because you not capable of doing for yourself. 

As the mother of an Australian citizen, I think she has every right to stay in Australia.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am a British passport holder and I am considering taking my Thai wife to Australia for a holiday of up to one month.

Obviously, my application is simple - but are there any particular hoops to jump through for a Thai partner of a non-Australian?

39 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I am a British passport holder and I am considering taking my Thai wife to Australia for a holiday of up to one month.

Obviously, my application is simple - but are there any particular hoops to jump through for a Thai partner of a non-Australian?

Of course . There would be many hoops even if you were an ozzie let alone a tourist. Obviously there are a zillion hookers in SEA and oz doesn't want them taking advantage of the pay bump and overstaying.

Is she employed and how about long term savings?

Edited by madmen
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, madmen said:

Of course . There would be many hoops even if you were an ozzie let alone a tourist. Obviously there are a zillion hookers in SEA and oz doesn't want them taking advantage of the pay bump and overstaying.

Is she employed and how about long term savings?

She is a housewife, owns a house in 23 rai and several other plots.

I support her (and have done so for 13 years) and can evidence sizeable assets and income.

I just want to know if the application is any different to an Aussie applying to take his wife. Obviously, I have no long-term ambitions for her to be in Oz (unlike most Australians who may be looking to eventually settle their wives). This would be a holiday with pre-booked flights back to Thailand.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I support her (and have done so for 13 years) and can evidence sizeable assets and income.

I just want to know if the application is any different to an Aussie applying to take his wife. Obviously, I have no long-term ambitions for her to be in Oz (unlike most Australians who may be looking to eventually settle their wives). This would be a holiday with pre-booked flights back to Thailand.

https://www.australianvisateam.com/2017-guide-getting-thai-girlfriend-australian-tourist-visa/

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

To answer your question, no difference really.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My partner is currently in Aus on a tourist visa which states must not arrive after 21st June 2019, she will fly home on Augist 18th and we are wondering how long we should wait before applying for a tourist visa again? My intention is just to get her back here for 3 months to improve her English, before applying for a student visa for her masters degree.

I want her to come study a Masters degree next year, but the university needs a certain level of English, so is it possible to apply for a student visa for her to first come study English and do the test followed by the masters degree, or do we have to do them separately since the university is still waiting on language skills?

Edited by null
  • Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 10:34 PM, null said:

My partner is currently in Aus on a tourist visa which states must not arrive after 21st June 2019, she will fly home on Augist 18th and we are wondering how long we should wait before applying for a tourist visa again? 

General rule of thumb is 12 months in Australia, 12 months out on a rolling basis for a tourist visa without being in a serious relationship with an Australian.  

On 6/18/2019 at 10:34 PM, null said:

so is it possible to apply for a student visa for her to first come study English

Yes

• 4 weeks later...

Wanting to go on a holiday with the Thai gf to Oz for maybe a week or so. I'm an Oz citizen & passport holder. She's a Thai passport holder who has travelled to a South American country and a neighbouring country too. She is currently employed in her current job for a year already. I've been looking at the requirements and there are 3 different types of visas for a tourist. I don't really get what's the difference and why there's so many different types. Is there really much difference between the three? Besides the first two ones are free to apply for. 

1. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/electronic-travel-authority-601

2. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/evisitor-651

3. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/visitor-600

10 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Wanting to go on a holiday with the Thai gf to Oz for maybe a week or so. I'm an Oz citizen & passport holder. She's a Thai passport holder who has travelled to a South American country and a neighbouring country too. She is currently employed in her current job for a year already. I've been looking at the requirements and there are 3 different types of visas for a tourist. I don't really get what's the difference and why there's so many different types. Is there really much difference between the three? Besides the first two ones are free to apply for. 

1. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/electronic-travel-authority-601

2. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/evisitor-651

3. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/visitor-600

Lot a work for a week mate?