Medical Cover In Chiang Mai ?

freedomnow

Are there any places I can buy medical cover or wider insurance in Chiang Mai for a year or just a good policy that covers medical/theft/canceled flights etc ?

I'm under 40 if that matters though I guess the prices would be the same.

Just don't want to get mangled doing an adventure sport or trampled by a herd of ladyboys running for a dropped wallet, then end up with a nightmare hospital bill.

These cover polices have so many insurer get-out clauses that they can be worthless at times !

Sounds like the IMG policy is perfect for you. They even have an adventure sport rider. I used them for years when I lived in Europe. You can buy the medical coverage, then add an adventure sport rider and well as a travel rider.

I might add that they are a U.S. based company. You won't find anything like you want in Chiang Mai (Thai-based company). Rates for someone your age are super cheap.

Edited by elektrified

BUPA coverage is best. Buy it here, good all over the world except the US. main cm office on the ring road - www.bupa.co.th. Be wary of "agents". I know a guy who paid for his renewal to an agent but the agent didn't pay BUPA. FOund out 3 weeks later when he was in the hospital and BUPA wouldn't cover his stay.