Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

8 hours ago, rott said:

I usually stay in cheapo places, a room in Soi Yamato or Soi Post Office does me. I hope things get busier for them in December and January.

And you have the audacity to have a go at H/M.

Soi Post office and Soi Yamato very down market. That's really is hitting cliff's. Or should that be pits. 

I think even my G/L would throw a wobbler at those places.

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to the locals.

8 hours ago, rott said:

I usually stay in cheapo places, a room in Soi Yamato or Soi Post Office does me. I hope things get busier for them in December and January.

Soi Post office and Soi Yamato very down market. That's really is hitting cliff's. Or should that be pits. 

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to the locals.

8 hours ago, rott said:

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to the locals.

8 hours ago, rott said:

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to the locals.

3 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to the locals.

Sorry about the multi posts but as usual TV took over 10 minutes to put my reply in. Then wouldn't let me get out of the bloody thing. Also blocking my Comp:

6 hours ago, fredob43 said:

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to the locals.

Ha Ha, I am sure you meant to say "top value, characterful accommodation in low-traffic sois adjacent to the seafront of this major, internationally renowned, S E Asia resort."

But it is true that it might not impress the ladies.

Anyway, not having a go at all. I just imagined that you would be taking tea and discussing world affairs with Naam. I am impressed with your egalitarianism.

Edited by rott
Felt like it.

10 hours ago, rott said:

Ha Ha, I am sure you meant to say "top value, characterful accommodation in low-traffic sois adjacent to the seafront of this major, internationally renowned, S E Asia resort."

But it is true that it might not impress the ladies.

Anyway, not having a go at all. I just imagined that you would be taking tea and discussing world affairs with Naam. I am impressed with your egalitarianism.

Characterful accommodation is very near the mark One would say. Pit's is the word H/M would tend to use.

One takes tea and afternoon cakes in the room always take a kettle and ENGLISH tea  for same. Just in case the room doesn't have tea making facilities.

You might like to try Lapsang Souchong tea if you would like to keep up with us Upper class. Black of cause with an orange slice. Much nicer that that Lemon stuff. Just a little tip.

As far as egalitarianism is concerned. We upper class don't think that all are equal.

Quite the contrary in fact. Buddha help me if I ever have to travel Cattle class on EVA Air and mix with the Hoy Paloy. Just wouldn't be Cricket. Bad enough having to use the same airport. 

Little update One can remember once arriving at Gatwick Airport and having to mix with peeps arriving from their holidays in Spain. All warring some sort of Mexican hat. Most singing that song Torremolinos with a stuffed Donkey under their arm.

Wasn't some of your mob was it???

H/M K.P.P

Fred to the locals. 

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, rott said:

Which particular mob are/were you referring to? I have been aligned with a few over the years, generally reflecting my  varying geographical and socio-economic status.

One just assumed that choosing to live in Pot hole city, and staying at the Get It Here hotel Soi Post office, that in an earlier life you might have stayed at the Hotel Miramar Torremolinos.

H/M shall be on his way down to BKK via N/Smog on the 29th. Shall endeavour to update all on how the roads are going. Don't hold up to much hope there will be any improvement though, as last time a few weeks ago they were still the pits. 

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals.

10 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

One just assumed that choosing to live in Pot hole city, and staying at the Get It Here hotel Soi Post office, that in an earlier life you might have stayed at the Hotel Miramar Torremolinos.

H/M shall be on his way down to BKK via N/Smog on the 29th. Shall endeavour to update all on how the roads are going. Don't hold up to much hope there will be any improvement though, as last time a few weeks ago they were still the pits. 

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals.

I went down to BKK last Friday to my FIL cremation but living out where I live I went via Lat Yao and Uthai Thani and skipped N/S altogether. Very few potholes, better roads and no smog. I came back the same way.

I now have a better view on road rage in Thailand.

I went from the temple in Bang Na to my BIL house in Bang Bo, a distance of some 26 km via the Bang Na/Trat highway route 34. I missed the first entrance to the motorway above and went for the second one 8 km away.

The highway has 5 lanes of traffic and the frontage road has 4 lanes. At the junction that I wanted there is a U turn overbridge and the entry for the motorway.

Most of the drivers in the 5 lanes wanted to get into the frontage road and most of the drivers in the frontage road 4 lanes wanted the same thing. It ended up as a 9 lane clusterfark for most of the 8 km. I had to cut across 3 lanes of the frontage road to get to a gas station as I desperately needed a p1ss. It took me over 2 1/2 hours to get to the BIL house in time to have a quick wash and shave and go back to the temple.

I spent over 4 hours to complete a 50 odd km round trip.

I gate driving in BKK and Thai cities in general. I saw more buffaloes driving cars in the 4 days than I have seen in the last 2 years up here.

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I went down to BKK last Friday to my FIL cremation but living out where I live I went via Lat Yao and Uthai Thani and skipped N/S altogether. Very few potholes, better roads and no smog. I came back the same way.

I now have a better view on road rage in Thailand.

I went from the temple in Bang Na to my BIL house in Bang Bo, a distance of some 26 km via the Bang Na/Trat highway route 34. I missed the first entrance to the motorway above and went for the second one 8 km away.

The highway has 5 lanes of traffic and the frontage road has 4 lanes. At the junction that I wanted there is a U turn overbridge and the entry for the motorway.

Most of the drivers in the 5 lanes wanted to get into the frontage road and most of the drivers in the frontage road 4 lanes wanted the same thing. It ended up as a 9 lane clusterfark for most of the 8 km. I had to cut across 3 lanes of the frontage road to get to a gas station as I desperately needed a p1ss. It took me over 2 1/2 hours to get to the BIL house in time to have a quick wash and shave and go back to the temple.

I spent over 4 hours to complete a 50 odd km round trip.

I gate driving in BKK and Thai cities in general. I saw more buffaloes driving cars in the 4 days than I have seen in the last 2 years up here.

Thanks for the update Bill. But your way isn't any good for me as I would have to drive about 50km out of my way.

Whatever nice to know that you can go to BKK without going via pot hole city. Must look it up.

You were mentioned in Dispatches last night was having a meal with Young Bill at Mikes and he asked if I had seen you.

Couldn't reply on that as I haven't. Young Bill new mansion is now finished and he's moved in. Must say very nice although rather large. His main kitchen is bigger than his old house and mine come to that.

Next time your passing pop in and I take you there. Only 5 minutes from my place but none to easy to find. You might have to ware a suite though.

22 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

You might have to ware a suite though.

There you go again trying to be a Brit adding un-needed letters to words, but I doubt the Bill would have to  wear   "a set of rooms designated for one person's or family's use or for a particular purpose."  A Tux or a suit might fit better!

58 minutes ago, wayned said:

There you go again trying to be a Brit adding un-needed letters to words, but I doubt the Bill would have to  wear   "a set of rooms designated for one person's or family's use or for a particular purpose."  A Tux or a suit might fit better!

Yes Wayne. Yet more Tapping errors. Note to self must read my taps prior to posting. In my defence I was in a hurry to book my Limo in for it's 10th service.

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals.

1 hour ago, wayned said:

I wore shoes and socks on Sunday at my FIL cremation on Sunday, first time since the MIL died about 2 years ago.

All in black, shirt, long trousers, socks and polished shoes. Even my underwear was black.

It was a chance to meet family and old friends that I haven't seen in years but I took my wife's advice and kept well clear of any organising. Shave, shower, clean clothes and be pleasant was the main instruction.

My son and I came home on Monday leaving my wife, 3 BIL, 1 nephew and 1 niece at the FIL house surrounded by piles of paperwork trying to work out what he owned and where, then working out who gets what.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

shoes, long trousers, underwear, black

For me:

Shoes:  Sometime in late September 2009 when I retired from teaching math at Pak Chang High School.

long trousers: 4 July 2015 at my wife's 100 day ceremony.

underwear:  what is that?

black:   Is there any other colo(u)r?

• Like 1

On 15/11/2560 at 11:26 AM, fredob43 said:

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals.

No, Torremolinos is a place I missed. As well as the package flight sombrero scene. Bit late now I suppose, ah well.

I can't help but wonder what happens to the horses when you go away for days on end. Do you tether them to the caravan, or are you on a permanent site where they have proper facilities for them? Takes the romance out of sitting round the campfire of an evening I suppose. But then everything is different these days, the arse must have fallen out of the clothing peg business decades ago and fortune telling seems to be done online now.

I might just follow your lead and spend more time around Soi Bukhao when I go next week. 65 baht for a large one makes more sense than 80 or 90 fora small one in Yamato.

Pip Pip

So your off Rott next week to the dreaded Patts. Do give Sutus court a try bar wise, I do find it quite amiable not pestered with those lady boys or girls come to that. I look forward to your comments. 

Added to that the price of beer is quite reasonable. Directions if you go up Soi Diana to x roads Soi/Buk turn right and it's just down on the left.

If only I was going I could have let you have a go at peg selling. I can send you info on how to whittle the wood if you would like to try.

I can also inform you that fortune telling isn't long gone. The G/L has regular clientele. Must say she does look the part with a scarf on her head dressed in weeds as she flutter's around the grounds on one of her broomsticks.

Re the Horses the G/L looks after those. I'm not stupid she only gets one holiday a year the rest of the time I go on my own. Someone has to look after the Zoo.

Read dog, fish, Mynah bird, and now 6 bloody cats.

H/M will be there Patts again on the 29th for 3 nights have to see some friends holidaying I shall be staying at Sutus court 1 at 3.000bt for the duration. They will be doing the 5* bit. Centara grand hotel just up from the Dolphin R/About. I'm not stupid I don't pay 6.000bt a night in Patts.

That'll be Before picking a chum up from BKK airport on the 2nd. Will be staying in Soi Nana BKK overnight (One night in BKK and all that) any tips on what to do their would help. Before traveling back on the 3rd.

You enjoy Soi Post office only hope that you can find somewhere to park.

H/M. K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals.  

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1

Lazada and Thai Delivery service in the boonies of Nakhon Sawan.

Do to the area where I live I have been using Lazada for years and have had good service after training their delivery services, Kerry, V-Cargo and Yusen.  The order that I paced on Monday still showed that it had not shipped but yesterday morning I got a call somebody that only spoke Thai and they hung up.  They called back a little later and I was able to determine that they were trying to deliver my order but there was no way that I could give them directions in Thai but told them to go to the post office and ask.  Low and behold about 45 minutes later an enclosed pickup showed up.  Three guys piled out of the truck, with Ninja Van Service "T" shirts on and proceed to get my delivery out of the back.  Then the fun began.

When they went to get the log for me to sign they discovered that they had locked themselves out of the truck, truck running with air con on.  After much debate and me offering a hammer they called someone.  I live in the last house on a dirt road in the real boonies but about 45 minutes later an ambulance came down the road.  When it stopped four blokes climbed out of the back with door jimmying tools and after about 30 minutes they managed to unlock the door.   I've seen pickups used as ambulances but never visa versa. It was a real show for a while and a pleasant change of the daily routine..

Only in Thailand!

• Like 1

According to the "other EL newspaper" Robinsons plan to open the 800-million-baht Robinson Lifestyle Kamphaengphet on Dec 8.

No need to fight your way down to N/S any more for better shopping but I do hope that the Immigration police will be opening a checkpoint on the southern border betweem KPP and N/S.

6 hours ago, billd766 said:

According to the "other EL newspaper" Robinsons plan to open the 800-million-baht Robinson Lifestyle Kamphaengphet on Dec 8.

No need to fight your way down to N/S any more for better shopping but I do hope that the Immigration police will be opening a checkpoint on the southern border betweem KPP and N/S.

Looks like your correct Bill. Tip don't go till it's been open a week or two as it'll be banged out with locals seeing what freebees there are.

I don't think there'll be any need to keep the N/S mob out with some sort of checkpoint, as the road conditions on the way up and down in N/S province are even worse than normal. 

H/M will be traveling down south on the 29th a full report on said conditions will follow later on H/M return. 

N/B Bill, Paul is arriving back on the 2nd

22 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Robinsons plan to open the 800-million-baht Robinson

What's the big deal about Robinsons?  Here in Takfa, we've had two 7-11s for years.  They are 50 meters apart and operated by the same family! 

I did my 90 day report yesterday at KPP Immigration.

I was about 30 days overdue, my fault completely.

The head honcho asked me what I wanted while he was on his way out, so I showed him.

Bad, you are on overstay now. I gently pointed out that my visa extension was still valid until 23rd August next year so I was not on overstay. Humph, you have to pay 2,000 baht fine. I replied that I already understood that.

The lady was busy with another farang and his wife doing something about a re-entry visa and the guy who sat opposite her called me over and I explained to him. He didn't send me back so I sat there waiting for him.

He did 90 day extensions for 10 work permits, some other stuff, another farangs passport all the while saying not long now. He eventually finished those piles of work and got to my problem.

He didn't want my passport copies nor the 90 day TM47 form but he did give me a receipt for the 2,000 baht and I had to sign 3 times in 2 different books and he also put a stamp in my passport about the overstay and that I had paid the fine.

Total time.

1 hour and 40 minutes.

They really don't seem to know what they are doing in that office, certainly compared to Nakhon Sawan Immigration. Without the over 90 days it never took more than 10 minutes to process the 90 day reports and usually about 2 or 3 minutes.

6 hours ago, wayned said:

I send mine to NS via Thai Post.  I usually send it on a Monday, EMS 37 baht, and get it back on Friday via regular post.  No Hassle.  Doesn't KPP accept mail-ins?

Must admit they are somewhat slow in K.P.P first in first served.

N/S they used to do the 90 report at the desk as you went in.

K.P.P there is only one doing all the visas so you will wait. I have found that it's better to get there just before 1pm and be first in line once they have finished their lunch. Even that can take 30 minutes or so.

Cant say about the postage bit, as the Visa office is next to the Post office. By the time you have sorted the postage you could have done the 90 report.

Whatever it's still much better going to K.P.P than having to trudge well over 200km traveling to N/S and back.

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Cant say about the postage bit, as the Visa office is next to the Post office. By the time you have sorted the postage you could have done the 90 report.

Whatever it's still much better going to K.P.P than having to trudge well over 200km traveling to N/S and back.

I don't know about KPP Post Office, but here it takes about 1 minute to send it EMS as long as you have everything prepared when you go in.  That's a lot better than1.5 hours even if it is next door!  If the post office is slow maybe they are relatives of the KPP IOs.

As far as you having to drive to NS to do your 90 day in the past, they do/did accept reports via post as I do mine that way.  I think that you only drove to NS to do the reports so that you could complain about the roads.  Have you ever thought that maybe the highway was full of potholes only between NS and KPP and okay going south of NS to keep  the hoi polloi out.

9 hours ago, wayned said:

I send mine to NS via Thai Post.  I usually send it on a Monday, EMS 37 baht, and get it back on Friday via regular post.  No Hassle.  Doesn't KPP accept mail-ins?

I am not sure but I was something like 30 days past the 90 so I had to go in, pay the fine and get my slap on the wrist.

I normally go up tp KPP once a month for a bulk shop and time the 90 day report in with that but somehow I got out of sync.

On 21/11/2017 at 8:29 AM, billd766 said:

I always thought you were the sensible one on here.

Now you're starting to sound like 'im upstairs. :)

Just returned from a brief visit to Pattaya (on the way there I swung by the British Club for an hour) more details when I have more energy.