Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

I have found the very thing for that rabid dog or even Mrs H/M here

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/700374-euro-joe-professional-dog-bite-training-sleeve/

Sorry to say that the idea is ok but as Pepsi only speaks Thai not a lot of help.

You would need a lot more packing to stop Mr's H/M hence the Ned Kelly outfit I suggested.

We look forward to your next trip here. Only hope you will be suitably attired.

Fred.

Looks to me that you could end up in a wheel chair with no legs and only one arm which you couldn't even use to lift a glass of beer!

Us ex techies are smart kiddos. We have the ability to adapt and use straws too and the skill sets to BBQ dogs (tasty with some sweet and sour sauce).

I have found the very thing for that rabid dog or even Mrs H/M here

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/700374-euro-joe-professional-dog-bite-training-sleeve/

Sorry to say that the idea is ok but as Pepsi only speaks Thai not a lot of help.

You would need a lot more packing to stop Mr's H/M hence the Ned Kelly outfit I suggested.

We look forward to your next trip here. Only hope you will be suitably attired.

Fred.

I can't remember seeing any cast iron buckets in Thailand. If it gets really dangerous can you direct me to the nearest telephone kiosk so that I can put my underwear outside of my normal clothes? That should certainly terrify Mrs H/M.

H/M was perusing through the BKK Post today and what did he espy in the travel section. Let see if you can guess from a short few line of same. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A SERENE PLACE RICH IN HISTORY AND NATURAL RESOURCES THIS IS THE SPOT. Front page of the life section. It go's on to tell you about why it's a WORLD HERITAGE CITY. Getting any warmer well ok I tell you it's that great place called K.P.Phet. A bit remiss of them as they don't mention anything about day visa's. Lot's of snap's of Wat phra Kaeo one of the many tourist sight's that abound.

H/M got to thinking why they don't ever mention going to N/S (Not a world heritage city by the way) then it dawned on me it's just a place with lots of traffic straddled between two W/H/City's K.P.Phet & Uthai Thani a bit like a thorn in between two rose's.

If memory serves me right you cant get the BKK Post in N/S but you would I've no doubt like to read the very interesting article it is available on line.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

Edited by fredob43

H/M was perusing through the BKK Post today and what did he espy in the travel section. Let see if you can guess from a short few line of same. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A SERENE PLACE RICH IN HISTORY AND NATURAL RESOURCES THIS IS THE SPOT. Front page of the life section. It go's on to tell you about why it's a WORLD HERITAGE CITY. Getting any warmer well ok I tell you it's that great place called K.P.Phet. A bit remiss of them as they don't mention anything about day visa's. Lot's of snap's of Wat phra Kaeo one of the many tourist sight's that abound.

H/M got to thinking why they don't ever mention going to N/S (Not a world heritage city by the way) then it dawned on me it's just a place with lots of traffic straddled between two W/H/City's K.P.Phet & Uthai Thani a bit like a thorn in between two rose's.

If memory serves me right you cant get the BKK Post in N/S but you would I've no doubt like to read the very interesting article it is available on line.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

Sounds like Frinton or Walton on the Naze to me still I expect you are in another world now that West Ham won today>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jelliedeelland with liquor..............urgh positively makes wants to make you burp!

Lots of pictures in facebook from Nakhon Sawan chinese new year festivals

https://www.facebook.com/paknamphochinesenewyear?filter=1

Yes its the place to be for anyone who is in the "in crowd". Which KPP is clearly not, its where people go to retire and dream of what would have been if they had been allowed to stop and stay in Nakhon Sawan.........the city on the edge of tomorrow where the the present meets the future, a true portal to paradise, a new Whickers Island!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of pictures in facebook from Nakhon Sawan chinese new year festivals

https://www.facebook.com/paknamphochinesenewyear?filter=1

Yes its the place to be for anyone who is in the "in crowd". Which KPP is clearly not, its where people go to retire and dream of what would have been if they had been allowed to stop and stay in Nakhon Sawan.........the city on the edge of tomorrow where the the present meets the future, a true portal to paradise, a new Whickers Island!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
H/M has returned from Chang Mai. All I can say is you can keep it, so much traffic, fume's, and peep's bustling about I thought at onE time I was in N/S. But you can eat rather well so that's where they differ.

I did stay at a rather nice place not 5* like normal but at 'The Pub' and can highly recommend it great food both western and Thai with service second to none and for only 800bt a night with breakfast, Opposite the new Maya set up don't bother with that unless you want the super market, that's very good well except for their price's. Everything was at least 25% more than K.P.Phet not going down the drink's in bar's road.

Met a chap who was paying 22k a month for a 1 bedroom condo and thought he had got a good result. Seemed to come back to reality when I told him of a friend of mine who was paying 4k for a 2 bedroom house here.

This morning I did get to look at that great!!! American sport you know the second most boring sport in the world after that English ladies game rounder's, I think it's referred to as Base Ball. Today seemed to be a big day regarding 'A.M' football that's what it's called, watched it for some time and all it seemed to be was advert's with a few peep's with motor cycle helmet's jumping about in between same, with the commentators yelling Touch Up, 25th down or some such thing's, has to be the silliest spectacle that groan 'Spelling meant' men can get excited about. Trust me there were plenty of those American of cause doing just that, Sad really.

If anyone is thinking of taking their Limo there Tip Don't unless you have Sat/Nav other wise you will be driving about all day trying to get back where you started every ware looks the same mote's and old walls not forgetting peep's selling everything on any spare bit of ground that you could set something up on.

All in all it's a toss up what's worse Pattaya or Chang Mai. Even N/S doesn't look that bad compared to both of those place's. That last bit is a joke I just slipped in.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

I have just returned from another sortie of the KKP border, seems I went down bigtime and they want me to return again and set up camp there, I said I would consider it at some time in the future if there is room on the agenda. The petrol Pork on offer I stayed well clear of, took some bacon sandwiches to be on the safe side, anyway, returned home safely despite having to observe some Thai advanced driving techniques including ( red lights do not apply to me).

Now here is some big news for Nakhon Sawan lovers, KFC will soon not be alone! In the june to september time there will be a DRIVE THROUGH McDONALDS at V Square, that the BIG C on the north side of the bridge, that expands lunchtime a bit in several ways eh!

I am also imformed that there is or will be a drive through McDonalds at a PTT station just south of the by pass to accomodate northern folks who are to unsure of driving through the Heavenly City, so keep em peeled and see if you spot this one.

I have just returned from another sortie of the KKP border, seems I went down bigtime and they want me to return again and set up camp there, I said I would consider it at some time in the future if there is room on the agenda. The petrol Pork on offer I stayed well clear of, took some bacon sandwiches to be on the safe side, anyway, returned home safely despite having to observe some Thai advanced driving techniques including ( red lights do not apply to me).

Now here is some big news for Nakhon Sawan lovers, KFC will soon not be alone! In the june to september time there will be a DRIVE THROUGH McDONALDS at V Square, that the BIG C on the north side of the bridge, that expands lunchtime a bit in several ways eh!

I am also imformed that there is or will be a drive through McDonalds at a PTT station just south of the by pass to accomodate northern folks who are to unsure of driving through the Heavenly City, so keep em peeled and see if you spot this one.

Point of order H/M put a post in several week ago about the drive through Mc south of the By-pass.

I'd like to know if anyone read's what H/M put's in his intellectual post's ???

So you now have at least one more 'stand up or take away' rubbish food outlet in N/S well done you must go well with the pizza STAND that's on offer at present.

In a week or two H/M will have to go to the Visa office. Note to self must take a look at what's on offer not forgetting a portable table and plastic seat. Only one Mr's H/M can stand.

Come on then Dave what were you doing trying to sneak into K.P.Phet without a visa dash pore show.

Got it now you knew that I was away and was just trying your luck. Then you tell us that some upper class peep's asked you to stay and set up a tent or in your word's camp, H/M find's that statement very hard to except. Just a thought you don't have a scout's woggle or any other come to that do you???

Regard's the bad driving I would like to point out that it seems a national pastime. You should have seen what it was like trudging round Chang Mai in the Limo with all their three wheeled moped's carting the tourist's about all going I think no ware as Sunday night the place was almost closed up due to the fact that none of the bar's we selling alcoholic drink. Thank Buddha H/M was staying at The Pub and that did.

N/B shouldn't that statement you put in your post have read N/S Lover in the singular.

H/M.

The peep's that does have a K.P.PHET VISA.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY .

The forray over the border was for the benefit of N/S regency types , looking for a small country retreat/resort in a slightly different locale, I am afraid cannot say to much as its classed above top secret, bit like area 51 but it might be a private beach on the Ping or then again in the Ping. It would jolly helpful if you stop all the rubbish being tipped in at your end, all the plastic bags have KPP addresses on, its in Thai of course but thats what the ranger told me inbetween sorting out the biggest briefs and bras he had ever seen, indeed what he showed me were more like tents! What sort of people in clothes like these one has to ask?

The forray over the border was for the benefit of N/S regency types , looking for a small country retreat/resort in a slightly different locale, I am afraid cannot say to much as its classed above top secret, bit like area 51 but it might be a private beach on the Ping or then again in the Ping. It would jolly helpful if you stop all the rubbish being tipped in at your end, all the plastic bags have KPP addresses on, its in Thai of course but thats what the ranger told me inbetween sorting out the biggest briefs and bras he had ever seen, indeed what he showed me were more like tents! What sort of people in clothes like these one has to ask?

Country retreat !!! only hope it's your side of K.P.P near to where they have the road up might be a good idea. Must admit that the road between N/S and K.P.P City does lack in resort's there are some but they tend to be in the middle of no ware, not a hotel in sight as far as I know

Re the bra and brief's can say that the large bra's don't belong to Mr's H.M but her pant's might make a good alternative for one of your marquee would sleep thousand's at a push, they used several for the BKK mob around victory monument during the last month or so.

Not a bit of plastic in our Ping must be coming from one of the other several river's that abound N/S.

Look's like H/M will be coming to N/S next Wednesday so a full report on the food and traffic will follow shortly after.

H/M.

A Mcdonalds and KFC drive through! That's exactly what you should do drive through, don't stop! I've lived in NS Province for over 15 years and I go out of my way not to go into the city, or any city if I can help it. When I have to go to immigration, once a year, I exit stage left when I cross the bridge and go down the back road and wave to my wife's relatives as I pass the jail! I occasionally go to Macro but don't have to go into the city and usually shop at Tesco in Singburi once a month. Before I retired I worked at Satri Nakhon Sawan School and went in the morning and left as soon after my last class that I could. Would I live in KPP, absolutely not! I live in the country and it really wouldn't matter what the name of the Province is. I built my house myself 16 years ago, my design, with farm labor and doing much of the work myself. It's a "functional" 320 meter square meter 1 story house, not exquisite or elegant, the last house on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

If you want a country retreat, PM me, there's one not too far from here but that's what it is, a country retreat. If you want a mia noi motel there's also one of those close by. If I want farang food, I cook it myself otherwise I eat in my wife's small village restaurant. You can rent "Davey Crockett" hats and buckskins at the small store in the village if you want to come and belong. I just can't see ever living in or near a city again. The road to my house and where I live, no drive throughs!!!!

post-77463-0-65790800-1391591988_thumb.j post-77463-0-67214300-1391592614_thumb.j

Edited by wayned

All the signs are up at the Walk, which seems to be predominently Tesco Lotarse, you can see it as speed down the Asia Highway, hoping to pop along lext week and see what going on, let you know is due course.

Just so thats its no surprise I am thinking of starting up a riverboat type excursion up the river Ping, 2 week trip ending up in the middle of nowhere (KPP). Thought one of those old Mississippi Riverboats would do the trick the one with the big paddle at the stern, should go down well, bit of the gambling, sing song round the old joanna, drinks into the early hours, just what Thailand has been crying out for. Might even arrange for a stable visit and free cream teas at the stables to finish of with, you do cater for parties and coach parties H/M?

All the signs are up at the Walk, which seems to be predominently Tesco Lotarse, you can see it as speed down the Asia Highway, hoping to pop along lext week and see what going on, let you know is due course.

Just so thats its no surprise I am thinking of starting up a riverboat type excursion up the river Ping, 2 week trip ending up in the middle of nowhere (KPP). Thought one of those old Mississippi Riverboats would do the trick the one with the big paddle at the stern, should go down well, bit of the gambling, sing song round the old joanna, drinks into the early hours, just what Thailand has been crying out for. Might even arrange for a stable visit and free cream teas at the stables to finish of with, you do cater for parties and coach parties H/M?

Speed down the Asia highway with your road's !!! by the look of it there not much better than Wayned soi must be hell on earth during the rainy season. But I do know what he means about country living. I used to live in the country in the olden day's back in Blighty must say I loved it.

Did give it a try once over here with Mr's H/M have a friend who lives in Surin well 75km outside near the border was supposed to stay for a week or two. The first two hour's were fine then Mr's H/M started to pull her hair out she come's from BKK and doesn't do country, or in her word's watching rice grow.

We did make it through the night and the following day before any food had crossed her lip's it was off to Surin and the local hotel. The next day it was back to civilisation never to return.

H/M does need a morning paper BKK Post, just to keep an idea on what's going on in the world not to mention the crossword (Don't get one on Sunday because the crossword's are American and I don't even understand the answer's) let alone getting any of it filled out.

I think Dave you are losing the plot river boat indeed the Ping might be deep at your end but most of the time in K.P.P it's just about deep enough for one of those Thai thing's.

I'm all for the gambling and a few tasty young ladies in cowboy get up's shuffling about, if you pop up to Wayned place and pick up a Davey Crocket hat or several could be just the thing not to sure about the buckskin might be overstepping the mark some what.

Regard's a freebee afternoon cream tea not a hope in hell, got every chance of being sorted out by the dog or even Mr's H/M if that's Ok.

Right here's one during my trip to C/M we went out for Sunday lunch had a very nice buffet roast at Sausage King. H/M got to talking to an English chap before I sat down to dine and I noticed that all the Thai ladies after they had piled there plate's high with Yorkshire pud's roast spud's assorted meat's gravy, then went on to pile on water melon and pineapple. Quite a strange mixture I thought, asking the boss later it seems that he has the fruit on if anyone fancies a bit before the main course or with the ice cream later, seems the Thai girls like it with their main's. Just no accounting for Thai taste what.

But then again some peep's get excited about a new drive in, I do understand it though if you have next to nothing anything is a bonus.

H/M.

Edited by fredob43

Some "trial" opening 12/2 with limited time and 14/2 should be open fulltime.

Lots of pictures from inside here

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=546137&page=410

But Football!

Season started last weekend, Nakhon Sawan FC took 1-0 win over Phayao on Toyota League Cup 1st qual round. Saturday 6 PM next round and again homematch, this time against Chiang Rai City FC. Win from this and next round match could be against TPL or D1 team.

D2 will start on 15/2 home match and it is Nakhon Sawan FC vs Chiang Rai City FC, again.

Paknampho NSRU will start D2 awaygame in Bagnkok

A Mcdonalds and KFC drive through! That's exactly what you should do drive through, don't stop! I've lived in NS Province for over 15 years and I go out of my way not to go into the city, or any city if I can help it. When I have to go to immigration, once a year, I exit stage left when I cross the bridge and go down the back road and wave to my wife's relatives as I pass the jail! I occasionally go to Macro but don't have to go into the city and usually shop at Tesco in Singburi once a month. Before I retired I worked at Satri Nakhon Sawan School and went in the morning and left as soon after my last class that I could. Would I live in KPP, absolutely not! I live in the country and it really wouldn't matter what the name of the Province is. I built my house myself 16 years ago, my design, with farm labor and doing much of the work myself. It's a "functional" 320 meter square meter 1 story house, not exquisite or elegant, the last house on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

If you want a country retreat, PM me, there's one not too far from here but that's what it is, a country retreat. If you want a mia noi motel there's also one of those close by. If I want farang food, I cook it myself otherwise I eat in my wife's small village restaurant. You can rent "Davey Crockett" hats and buckskins at the small store in the village if you want to come and belong. I just can't see ever living in or near a city again. The road to my house and where I live, no drive throughs!!!!

attachicon.gifDSC00829.jpg attachicon.gifDSC00832.JPG

I agree with you 100%. I go to Nakhon Sawan 4 times a year for 90 day reports and the visa extension and nothing else.

I also live in the country on 15 rai and in the house that SWMBO had designed and got built about 10 years ago. It is only about 200 sqm and 2 stories but we like itand it works for us.

We do most of the shopping in the "big" village with a Kbank and 2 ATMs and a 7/11 and I go to KPP for a bulk shop at BigC and Makro once a month.

Where I live in the long skinny village there are 3 resorts, one is a part time, short time byo girl/boy/whatever, one is Thai style and the third is farang style.

Like you if I want farang food I make and cook it myself and I know what goes into it.

I have lived and worked in 38 countries around the world and it would cost a lot of money to live in a city again.

Bangkok is fine for me in 2 or 3 day doses once or twice a year as I can get things not normally available up here but saying that I have a mate in Pattaya who can get specialist food and spices, books I can swap locally or buy online new or second hand but I can live without traffic jams, pollution, noise and far too many people.

For me it is LG

Life's Great up here.

I've just driven down to Bangers from Kippers. A large 50km detour was in place between Singburi and Ang Thong. Reasons are not clear, could be the farmers. It added about 45 minutes to the trip. It was signposted( sort of) but the BIB were not directing traffic other than at the start so there were delays at the various turning points plus a much lower average speed.

Saw 2 accidents on Highway 1, one of which caused a motorcyclist's helmet( empty fortunately) to bounce out into the middle of the road.

BTW they are still building rice stores out on the 1242 road near Khlong Khlung so I guess they aren't planning on a reduction in inventory anytime soon.

• Like 1

I know Reinhard and he is a mate of mine.

Ssssssshhhhhh don't tell H/M from KPP but Reinhard live in Nakhon Sawan.

I've just driven down to Bangers from Kippers. A large 50km detour was in place between Singburi and Ang Thong. Reasons are not clear, could be the farmers. It added about 45 minutes to the trip. It was signposted( sort of) but the BIB were not directing traffic other than at the start so there were delays at the various turning points plus a much lower average speed.

Saw 2 accidents on Highway 1, one of which caused a motorcyclist's helmet( empty fortunately) to bounce out into the middle of the road.

BTW they are still building rice stores out on the 1242 road near Khlong Khlung so I guess they aren't planning on a reduction in inventory anytime soon.

Thanks for the update Bill as luck would have it not at present having to go that way.

H/P yet another great find but this one is a no no as they cant supply any new peep's.

Thank Buddha I don't have any problem with getting any form of cheese Mike get's any amount I want, that also go's for the German smoked ham/sausage's Delish.

What is it with these out of the way place's they all seem to have short time place's???

Fred.

H/M.

Rice farmers marching down Sawanvittee today about noon, I think they were saying something like "wheres my money?"

It looks like big things are happening at the northern end of the by pass with a flyover soon to be built of the Tak Road and on to the 117 Pitsanulok Road, the construction site is on the left as you approach Global House.

If you are not too fussy, or too much of a purist Foodland in Bangkok has 'local' Cheddar at 350 baht a kilo, the same gear at 400 a kilo at Foodland in Pattaya.

Seemed fine to me.

If you are not too fussy, or too much of a purist Foodland in Bangkok has 'local' Cheddar at 350 baht a kilo, the same gear at 400 a kilo at Foodland in Pattaya.

Seemed fine to me.

I have never been to fussy if you had ever seen Mr's H/M you would already know that.

Makro sell's Cheddar in 2 kg block's for about the same price all I do is cut it into 8 and freeze it, just put in the fridge and let it defrost slowly and it's perfectly ok. For all my other Cheese's I get those from Mike our local German also sell's German beer western food and very nice it is too in fact delish.

Right what's all this Dave a new flyover cant see the reason behind that all they should do is resurface where it joins the 1 Tak/K.P.P road make a decent junction of it and all would be ok. Bet it's because 'someone' who owns that bit of land need's to sell it, they did that here built a road that go's no ware well it does but it take's twice as long as going any other way, consequently it's never used but they did make a good job of it they even put traffic light's on the thing they have now all been turned off.

Don't have any marchers here but it could happen.

Cant see it ending soon pore old Yingluck and her mob look's like there in the doo doo's big time with no monies to pay anyone, another cunning ploy down the river.

Will more than likely be in N/S next Wednesday ??? for my Visa thingy, so stand by for a H/M update bet you all cant wait for some REAL fact's.

H.M.

Oh maybe You know then? I see on his facebook, no more customers. Is that for 5 star hotels or for everyone? I mean, is there anywhere in Nakhon Sawan I can buy these heavenly cheeses?

Seemed fine to me.

I don't know what is fussy but I know cheese and "cheese"

Cheddar can find everywhere, I want try Heavenly Cheese! :)

Don't forget, tomorrow 6PM League Cup football, Nakhon Sawan - Chiang Rai. 50b and beer was 40b leo can

Oh maybe You know then? I see on his facebook, no more customers. Is that for 5 star hotels or for everyone? I mean, is there anywhere in Nakhon Sawan I can buy these heavenly cheeses?

Seemed fine to me.

I don't know what is fussy but I know cheese and "cheese"

Cheddar can find everywhere, I want try Heavenly Cheese! smile.png

Don't forget, tomorrow 6PM League Cup football, Nakhon Sawan - Chiang Rai. 50b and beer was 40b leo can

Lets hope we can stuff those northern chappies dressed up in overcoats and gloves!