Iran Says Ready To Help Id Thailand Bombers

Lite Beer

Iran says ready to help ID Thailand bombers

TEHRAN, February 22, 2012 (AFP) - Iran said Wednesday it is ready to help identify those behind a series of bomb blasts in Thailand this month in which several Iranians have been implicated.

"Iran stands ready to identify those responsible for the explosions and to present them to the international community in a sign of our good faith," the foreign ministry spokesman said, quoted by official IRNA news agency.

Ramin Mehmanparast added that Israeli accusations of Tehran being behind the February 14 explosions in Bangkok were "bereft of all truth," and that such allegations were "a scenario put out by US and Israeli officials."

Thai authorities this week issued an arrest warrant for a fifth Iranian suspected of involvement in the blasts, which were described as an alleged plot to kill Israeli diplomats.

The 57-year-old suspect faces charges of making explosives, according to police.

Two Iranian citizens -- including one who lost both his legs in a botched attempt to throw a bomb at pursuing police -- are in custody in Thailand and have been charged.

Another Iranian man was detained after flying to Malaysia.

An Iranian woman who rented the Bangkok house where an unintended explosion revealed a bomb cache used by the suspects is thought to have fled back to Iran.

Thai police have said Israeli diplomats were the intended target of the plot, drawing links to bomb assassination attempts against Israeli diplomats in India and Georgia.

Tehran has rejected the accusations.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2012-02-22

• Like 1

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Thailand had already identified them?

yes with the Passport

Thai officials initially said they were going to be checking with the Iranian Embassy to verify the identities. (it is not uncommon for terrorists, spies and assassins to carry fake documents)

• Like 1

*Deleted Quote edited out*

Cooperate??? They said they would help ID and ID pretty much has already been established. Political move. Nothing more, nothing less. Iran is reacting out of fear. The fear us warranted when Iran has seen what has happened to it's neighbors.

Edited by Scott
deleted quote edited out

Side note, I don't actually recall calling on Iran to cooperate with the Thai authorities. It seems an absurd thing to ask considering the obvious implication of an Iranian faction in the matter. I realize the Thai government assumes an attitude of respect and neutrality towards the regime in Iran, but I don't! I am quite comfortable with having no respect or neutrality towards their regime which has been so hostile to values that I personally care about -- women's rights, gay rights, and the survival of Israel.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

LOL. Let's see some action now. The track record on co-operation is not stellar for Iran, so hopefully this will be a first.

Translation - We have had enough time to build up dossiers on these people proving that they are enemies of Iran and violent, baby-eating members of the MKO - here, you can have the 'evidence' now.

LOL. Let's see some action now. The track record on co-operation is not stellar for Iran, so hopefully this will be a first.

Translation - We have had enough time to build up dossiers on these people proving that they are enemies of Iran and violent, baby-eating members of the MKO - here, you can have the 'evidence' now.

So it's war whatever for you lot then. What's the point of negotiation and diplomacy, just get in there and turn the place into a glass bowl, just don't do it in my name or my children's names.

• Like 1

So it's war whatever for you lot then. What's the point of negotiation and diplomacy, just get in there and turn the place into a glass bowl, just don't do it in my name or my children's names.

I think you might be overreacting there? I was merely making a comment that a week after the incident, 3 days after a Shia leader in Thailand denounces them as members of the MKO....... suddenly we can help you identify them?

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/227638.html

How about at least offering access to Rohani for questioning by Thai authorities?

Cheers

Iranian authorities said the same sort of thing when the story first broke a few days ago. Unfortunately, it's just window dressing. Any hint of evidence which might distance Iran from the would-be bombers will be amplified. Any evidence which shows Iranian involvement will be dismissed. It's completely subjective, whereas quality investigations should be totally objective.

• Like 1

"Iran stands ready to identify those responsible for the explosions and to present them to the international community in a sign of our good faith," the foreign ministry spokesman said, quoted by official IRNA news agency.

Ramin Mehmanparast added that Israeli accusations of Tehran being behind the February 14 explosions in Bangkok were "bereft of all truth," and that such allegations were "a scenario put out by US and Israeli officials."

"We are going to help identify them, they are not Iranian.

Glad to be of service."

What a joke.

The Iranian goverment wouldn't send such a bunch of amateurs to kill the Israeli staff me thinks. There's probably more truth to the story that these Iranians were here to discredit Iran and give Israel the excuse to start their attack on the nuclear facilities.

As a westerner I must believe that Iran = Bad and USA/Israel/UK etc = Good

• Like 2

I think you might be overreacting there? I was merely making a comment that a week after the incident, 3 days after a Shia leader in Thailand denounces them as members of the MKO....... suddenly we can help you identify them?

http://www.presstv.i...ail/227638.html

How about at least offering access to Rohani for questioning by Thai authorities?

Cheers

No, not an overreaction at all. I consider it much more of an overreaction that despite the IAEA and the international intelligence network drawing a blank, that people on here are baying for blood and war, the last straw being a minor terrorist incident that as yet, the purpose, responsibility and motivation remain unknown and unproven. There are many many questions remaining to be answered and the few questions whose answers have already been concluded by the media have simply resulted in another dozen questions arising.

If one relies on the fact that Iran has a 'track record' on matters such as this, then serious consideration must also be given to the fact that both Israel and the USA have distinguished themselves with their respective track records in terms of international deception and false flag ops.

There is much investigative work to be done, and I do not consider a reaction time of a week on the part of Iran slow at all. Lets see if they do actually assist. As for the woman who did a runner, if she is an MEK member then I doubt she will ever see the light of day again and I am sure if the Thai police want to go to Iran they will have every opportunity of questioning her there, providing they are quick about it, as Iran have a track record in that department as well.

• Like 2

The Iranian goverment wouldn't send such a bunch of amateurs to kill the Israeli staff me thinks. There's probably more truth to the story that these Iranians were here to discredit Iran and give Israel the excuse to start their attack on the nuclear facilities.

As a westerner I must believe that Iran = Bad and USA/Israel/UK etc = Good

I wonder whether the tinfoil hatters in Azerbaijan are having the same discussion seeing as yet another Iranian terrorist cell has been broken up there, then we have the Iranian in the U.S and the ones in India. Perhaps you can get yourself an Iranian passport printed on KSR Bangkok. licklips.gif