Greek Restaurant On A Soi Off Soi Buakhao-- Pattayanis

Jingthing

Not the one discussed in this topic?

I really don't know. The place there people say no Moussaka. This place has put a big sign advertising Moussaka. So either a new place or the old place doing something different. First time I saw that sign but I am not a regular on Soi B and I just passed the sign on a BB.

Just met with the owner. It's on the same soi as PP body massage and adjacent to the Greek stall on soi Buakow. It's soi 21 b/n Buakow and 3rd.

The restaurant has 4 tables and the portions are massive. They have about 6 tables and everything is made from scratch. Great prices too. Massive tzaziki plate for 120 baht. 5 souvlaki sticks for 100 baht.

Check it out!

• Like 1

I dined in tonight. I'm still coughing from all the smokers. Total 6 tables. Portions are not as they appear in the photos. Growing pains. He is not connected to any other Greek food establishments in Thailand. So don't expect your souvlaki pita. He has some small bread pieces for 20 baht. The tzaziki was ok but the plate tiny. All I've mentioned I've discussed with the owner. I had the 5 doner sticks which were very tasty and only 100 baht.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for the smokers but its an open space. nothing i can do..

the photos are the actuall plates and i offer a free diner to whoever can prove diferent.

no we are not conected to any other greeks ,just arrived in pattaya 2 months ago.

i am not allowed to use the post for promotion but i can reply to missinformation.

check google for location and facebook ,pattayanis greeklicious,for information.

pita we donot serve as we are a restraunt not a kiosk on the road.

cathy211 give us a chance to make you happy ,welcome back for a free musaka.

Edited by Phil Conners
all-bold font removed
  • Like 1

Oh, BTW. I am assuming you don't have taramasalata on the menu. Can you consider offering that wonderful dish? I don't think those kind of fish eggs are that expensive here, but not sure. If you do, please use olive oil!

post-37101-0-55467200-1331442282_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing

How is the Calamari? The only place I've found in Pattaya that does good Calamari is Pao Chinese restaurant on Klang Rd. But they charge an unreasonable price for a cheap & plentiful seafood item.

Are you sure they even do calamari?

The Greek stall does do Musaka as well, I tried it and it was good but maybe a little bit too salty. They do weekly specials now I believe, the last one I tried was a sort of large cabbage roll with rice and meat inside. This new place sounds interesting, never even heard of it until now. I imagine the stall owner is a tad pissed about someone opening a Greek restaurant right across from his stall. The chicken pita is still my favorite at the stall and only 60 baht.

How is the Calamari? The only place I've found in Pattaya that does good Calamari is Pao Chinese restaurant on Klang Rd. But they charge an unreasonable price for a cheap & plentiful seafood item.

According to the facebook link someone posted they do.

According to the facebook link someone posted they do.

Indeed it does ...coffee1.gif

I tried this place for the first time last night. It's located about 100m from Soi Bukaow down Soi 21 (north side) towards 3rd road.

First impressions were not good. Firstly, the menu handed to me a stack of laminated pages with photos and prices, not very professional looking (similar to the Facebook page). Secondly, I did not see Kalamari and when I inquired to the Thai co-owner she said "is that Greek food?" OMG!

The Souvlaki was the only thing that looked appealing to me on the menu (not a fan of Mousaka and the Greek salad looked a little pricey @160 Baht. They had chicken or pork (5 sticks for 100 Baht) and I got both. Both were delicious! The chicken was juicy and well seasoned. The pork, although not as juicy as the chicken, had an excellent unique flavor having a slight gaminess similar to lamb. The souvlaki comes with a large lemon wedge and @6 tasty pieces of toasted bread for dipping in the leftover juices on the plate.

At this point the Greek co-owner made himself apparent. I asked him why no Kalamari and he said he has it today but does not include it on the menu because he does not offer it daily (the wife said she mis-heard me and the Greek guy said next time I should ask for it by it's Thai name...<deleted>! Anyways, there will be no next time for the Kalamari, I ordered it this time @150 Baht. It comes with rice or fries(?) Portion was good! (3x size that of Pao Chinese restaurant which has terrific but overpriced Kalamari). Seasoning was good! Batter was light! BUT it was overcooked and like rubber. I spent so much time chewing that I ended up counting them. Each piece needed @50 chews before swallowing. Tremendously disappointing!

This place is worth returning to purely for the Souvlaki, but next time I'll just get it to go.

The Mousaka is actually quite decent (and very rich and filling). At 200 baht for a LARGE portion, a bargain as well. I recommend it. They also have similar pasta based pastitsio. For the Greek salad you can get it without the feta cheese for 80 baht if you just need some veg. There is also a roast chicken with lemon flavoring and potatoes dish under 200 baht and a potato bread garlic dip under 100 baht. I consider it a welcome addition to our local options. Yes, its kind of a quirky place, but what the heck. Thanks for the warning about the calamari, which indeed, is NOT on their regular menu anyway.

Edited by Jingthing

that was a real greek souvlaki at only 100 baht per 5 piece!!with lemon and origanon and free bread..next time i will get the musaka..the place is small ,greek music in the air,not many greeks but near me 3 germans were eating the home made sweet baklavas .i will be back soon for more greek delicacies.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They have 2 new delicious items which started this week: Pork or Chicken Souvlaki pita wraps. They look and taste like a Greek version of a hamburger (but without the beef). Value priced at 50 or 55baht they are very filling and very delicious. You get a skewer's worth of meat in a fresh pita, loaded with tomatoes, lettuce and onion with a special sauce. If you have an appetite 2 will fill you up. Highly recommended!

• 3 months later...

The Mousaka(sp?) is really really good, ordered some for takeout tonight. I think it is 220 baht now, and a chicken pita. Baklava for desert as well, not cheap but great food.

Indeed! As I said on the Turkish food thread here, Pattayanis no doubt has the best Moussaka in town!
  • Like 1

The Mousaka(sp?) is really really good, ordered some for takeout tonight. I think it is 220 baht now, and a chicken pita. Baklava for desert as well, not cheap but great food.

Indeed! As I said on the Turkish food thread here, Pattayanis no doubt has the best Moussaka in town!

What else do you recommend there?

• 4 weeks later...

i recomend the souvlaki (shish kebap) ,the greek edition with real lemon juice and origanon , at a bargain price of 150 baht for 5 pieces( 350 grms! ) including bbq bread as well.

also pastitsio jumbo size 10x10 toped with bezamel cream at 180 baht if i remember well.

Edited by Rimmer
font