Why Limit How Many Times A Day You Can Use 'Like This' Button?

BookMan

I was skeptical...but I have to say this new function is excellent.

Yes I remember you indicating your dislike for the like button when the like button was announced, you indicated that you disliked the concept of like as the idea of having a like button had been tried before with consequences that you disliked.

However now that we have a like button you are starting to see that it is a likeable function so therefore your previous dislike has now dissipated to the point that you can admit liking the function, and you dislike admitting that you have changed your mind.

In summary.......you have Selective Like Disorder.

However we like your posts cos your a likeable kind of guy.

I hope you don't dislike this post.

regards

theblether.

I'm becoming a legend in my own inflated balloon. God help me if I fart on the plane tomorrow. In business class as well! w00t.gif

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like a dis-like button too as perhaps it would stop some of the rudeness on the forum. I can see also how it might get abused so it would have to be limited as to how many times it could be used as well.

I would be nice if there was like a Karma system and both positive and negative would effect it. People could give you Karma points as well as take points away. I have seen this system on others sites and seemed to work quite well. Not sure how it would fit in here though since some folks can be very nasty indeed.

One system I've seen in forums uses a thanks button instead of a liked button. Then there is also a way to give neg rep points but not nearly as easily as clicking the thanks button. Then you get a basic score in your profile and next to your name when you post.

Edited by Jayman
  • Like 2

It just occurred to me a that it would be great of we had both pos/neg karma buttons and then could just ignore posts based on them having certain low karma levels. That way those that were just negative nillys and had nothing constructive to add would get filtered out very easily by those that didn't want to see posts from non helpful posters. I think it would very much change the experience here at TV. It might even have impact of those that chose to post oll that negativity as they would soon find themselves standing alone in the corner.

Just a thought.

It just occurred to me a that it would be great of we had both pos/neg karma buttons and then could just ignore posts based on them having certain low karma levels. That way those that were just negative nillys and had nothing constructive to add would get filtered out very easily by those that didn't want to see posts from non helpful posters. I think it would very much change the experience here at TV. It might even have impact of those that chose to post oll that negativity as they would soon find themselves standing alone in the corner.

Just a thought.

Interesting certainly.

I missed out on a rep point because someone liked my post so much they felt they simply must comment and hitting the like button wasn;t enough.

So..do I get to claim my point retrospectively? Surely its unfair to deny me it simply for having posts that are too good?

rolleyes.gif

I gave you a sympathy "like" :)

I missed out on a rep point because someone liked my post so much they felt they simply must comment and hitting the like button wasn;t enough.

So..do I get to claim my point retrospectively? Surely its unfair to deny me it simply for having posts that are too good?

rolleyes.gif

I gave you a sympathy "like" smile.png

Me too.......this is all Double Dutch to me, I'm going for a lie down. rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif

I gave you a sympathy "like" smile.png

I'm a principled man...therefore I will only be satisfied with a mod issued "like".

I await their response.....

Many thanks nonetheless! jap.gif

rolleyes.gif

Where is that cursed 'dislike a little bit' button~!!!!

rolleyes.gif

In fact the like function has had a positive impact I've noticed. People are generally happier and more effusive than normal. Bendix return is a welcome sign as well.

Hopefully we're back in the good old days...or heading there....

Cheers George by the way! smile.png

• Like 1

rolleyes.gif

It begins with T and ends in Door ........... no place for it here.

• Like 1

Bendix return is a welcome sign as well.

Indeed.... Game4shame is sorely missed by myself too.

Not banned I hope?

I had a run in with him once...speaks his mind though...we need that on the forum!

Need? Possibly. Would it be tolerated? Hardly. I like TV but it is over-modded - far too many deleted posts . . . but it does seem to keep the place calm . . . kind of like Singapore! wai.gif

• Like 1

rolleyes.gif

In fact the like function has had a positive impact I've noticed. People are generally happier and more effusive than normal. Bendix return is a welcome sign as well.

Hopefully we're back in the good old days...or heading there....

Cheers George by the way! smile.png

People do like to get some 'Likes', keeps a lot more friendly

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is this like button connected to the Facebook likes?

If I like something here, does that generate some sort of post on Facebook saying Canuckamuck likes xyz...

Or is the like button only part of Thai Visa

Only part of Thaivisa.
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I think the limit is to stop people clicking "Like" on every post they see without thinking about whether they do really like it or not. Having a limit means you have to be a bit more sparing with your likes, and so a bit more thought goes into it.

How many likes are you allowed to have a day.