Why Limit How Many Times A Day You Can Use 'Like This' Button?

BookMan

Hmmm. I ran out of likes yesterday and it will not give me any today !! No fun.

I got in trouble for having too many likes crying.gif

A bad man said I like likes too much, I can't help it, I can't give likes to myself so it's a thing that's done to me. I feel violated.

To be fair though, I like being violated. coffee1.gif

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. I ran out of likes yesterday and it will not give me any today !! No fun.

I got in trouble for having too many likes crying.gif

A bad man said I like likes too much, I can't help it, I can't give likes to myself so it's a thing that's done to me. I feel violated.

To be fair though, I like being violated. coffee1.gif

I salute you mate for passing the 2k mark...only a tinge of jealousy...:o

Do you get extra beer for that accomplishment I wonder...? :unsure:

• Like 1

the limit on likes keeps thee fanboys in check and limits the amount of gratuitous backslapping that already plagues the board (or did i mean bored).

The first 15 or so posts on this topic alone are proof positive this is required.

20 I think.

seiously, how do you find 20 posts on this board worth liking.

i have liked less than 20 posts since the system was implemented.

the fact that 'likes' are dished out so indiscriminately by so many diminishes any small significance they may have had.

Edited by tinfoilhat

20 I think.

the fact that 'likes' are dished out so indiscriminately by so many diminishes any small significance they may have had.

I guess it depends how you use them. I like a post if I find it contains information I find helpful. I also like a post that I tend to strongly agree with.

I probably give out more likes for posts that contain useful information. I spend more time on TVF to learn stuff not to discuss stuff. So I tend to give out plenty of likes as I'm constantly reading stuff that is new to me. I could see how some of the ALL KNOWING experts around here might find little to "like"

• Like 1

20 I think.

I never understood why folks would keep coming back to TVF if they don't find posts they like. Is it just to tell others to go home if they don't like Thailand?

• Like 2

20 I think.

I never understood why folks would keep coming back to TVF if they don't find posts they like. Is it just to tell others to go home if they don't like Thailand?

i dont necessarily like the news but i read it. why would tv be such a stretch

20 I think.

i dont necessarily like the news but i read it. why would tv be such a stretch

Well.. how about for 1 TVF doesn't write any news.. this is a general forum. If you come here for news then you are very misinformed as most of the news stories posted here are full of inaccuracies.

I think your post is a bit of insult to the Thaivisa news team. Where else do you get english language news syndicated and served to multiple platforms (email alerts, sms, twitter, facebook, radio) as fast as our Thailand Live here on thaivisa.com?

Mention should also be made of the coverage of major events in Thailand in recent years....where often the best and most up to date info was here on ThaiVisa from posters at the scene of events and from admin working round the clock.

A big thumbs up to the team from me for their hard work. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I think your post is a bit of insult to the Thaivisa news team. Where else do you get english language news syndicated and served to multiple platforms (email alerts, sms, twitter, facebook, radio) as fast as our Thailand Live here on thaivisa.com?

TVF has a news team? I thought they just re post stories from "approved" sources? Does your news team actually vent the sources and stories before posting them? Cause there are quite a few inaccuracies in most of the stories and the posters tend to blame that on the news source which is not listed as TVF.

I mean no insult to TVF but I never considered it as a news site but more of a social forum on Thailand. For accurate news I look to reputable news sources to which I don't put TVF on that list since they just blindly post sensational headlines from other skeptical news sources.

Also, as for this Thailand Live is that something separate to the forum? My comments about liking posts have to do with the forum and not news posted by admins. Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, the sms alerts are NOT a free service to the end user. Also, TVF does sell advertising space to support it's operation. I have no comments on twitter and facebook feeds as I don't subscribe to either. As for Radio... again.. news to me... I have never listened to TVF radio as I come here for the forum and not all the other sites that are linked to the forum like travel agents, classified ads, and the like...

Edited by Jayman

Mention should also be made of the coverage of major events in Thailand in recent years....where often the best and most up to date info was here on ThaiVisa from posters at the scene of events and from admin working round the clock.

A big thumbs up to the team from me for their hard work. thumbsup.gif

I agree with that.. however that is part of the social part of the forum and not from the TVF "news team".

Let me make it perfectly clear that I like TVF. I find many posts here that I like and I'm not shy to push the button admitting it. My comment about why someone would keep coming here if they don't like the posts was directed at a poster that said exactly that. If they can't find posts they like here then why come here and post (even in this particular thread even). To me, these are the same posters that are found throughout TVF telling folks if they don't like it here they should go back to their home counties.

All the news team can do is trawl the news sources and provide the stories as they appear. It's not up to them to validate every word and every fact in every article, merely facilitate the broadcast of the story as it appears.

Then we all get to together and have a massive fight about the veracity of the reporting, factual discrepancies, personal failures, outrageous claims, massive fights, coups, earthquakes, corruption, murder, poisonings, animal cruelty, paedophilia, internet scams, boiler rooms et al.

Jayman is missing the point, it's the fact that some of the reporting is a bit woolly to say the least that gives us the greatest entertainment, an opportunity to show what we learned on CSI Miami, and to issue condemnation to all and sundry. In fact it's particularly good to howl at the moon about issues that we cannot influence such as the political debates.

So I want to say thank you to the news team for giving us a chance to howl at the moon every day, I don't know what we'd do without you. wai.gif .

• Like 2

I use the TV news forum as my main source of information. It's a great place to get consolidated news regarding Thailand, and SE Asia, all in one place. Without having to peruse a multitude of other websites.

I'm amazed at how quickly stories appear on TV. Add to that the input of the members, and it is truly a great place to get your information. During the floods, news stories were updated by members on a regular basis, and backed up by the TV news team.

Congrats to the news team for a job well done. They do a stern job, IMHO.

I use the like button all the time on news stories and associated replies. Though I've yet to reach my limit.

• Like 1

How about a dislike button? Preferably so it can reduce one's like "score".

Tried that, it didn't work well.

Really? What happened?

Some used it to play the man and not the ball, using it not to disapprove of a post, but the member posting.

How about a dislike button? Preferably so it can reduce one's like "score".

Tried that, it didn't work well.

Really? What happened?

Some used it to play the man and not the ball, using it not to disapprove of a post, but the member posting.

I see. Thanks.

I too thought we should have more of a "karma" type of system with both positive and negative. I even started a thread suggesting it but was quickly told that it doesn't work here and the thread locked.

Personally, if we had a system where trolls could be identified by a neg score then a filter could be implemented in our profiles to give us the choice to auto filter out posters that didn't have a score greater than xx amount. This would give an incentive for those to not post such rubbish as they would quickly find themselves playing to an empty room.

• Like 1

I too thought we should have more of a "karma" type of system with both positive and negative. I even started a thread suggesting it but was quickly told that it doesn't work here and the thread locked.

Personally, if we had a system where trolls could be identified by a neg score then a filter could be implemented in our profiles to give us the choice to auto filter out posters that didn't have a score greater than xx amount. This would give an incentive for those to not post such rubbish as they would quickly find themselves playing to an empty room.

That is fine in theory, but in practice it just doesn't work, and the last time it was tried here it created a large amount of negativity, the sort that you find in some other forums that can't be mentioned.

Actually it was few people overreacting and the overreactions caused more negatives being added to the score, and then there were tears and gnashing of teeth.

The main problem with a dislike button is that if you have an enemy they will hit that button at every opportunity. And also there is a lot of retardation in the community as well.

Actually it was few people overreacting and the overreactions caused more negatives being added to the score, and then there were tears and gnashing of teeth.

The main problem with a dislike button is that if you have an enemy they will hit that button at every opportunity. And also there is a lot of retardation in the community as well.

You are probably right on that. All it takes is a few bad apples in a community to spoil it for everyone. Then you need more rules to curb the behavior of the few and that places unnecessary restrictions on the many.

• Like 1

[..]

Blessed Are The Retarted. w00t.gif

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1