4 Days Around Songkran

rod2011

I am coming to Bangkok with my Thai Girlfriend in April.

So far I have only planned 1 day (Bang Na to sort out her passport) and 2 evenings entertainment (Isaan Tawan Daeng one night and Soi Cowboy another).

Will be there Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues nights any day better than any other for Tawan Daeng or Cowboy?)

Any great suggestions on places to go for the other couple of evenings entertainment and what to do on the other daytimes ?

Thanks,

If you are used to the passport office in Central-Bang Na being in the 5th floor parking garage you should know that it has moved to the ground level at the very rear of the mall. The mall doesn't open till 11am but the passport office opens at 0830. You have to tell security that you are going to the Passport Office. They might be closed for some of the Songkran days; you better check.

Tawandang has their best shows on Friday and Saturday nights. No reservation needed, unless you want a specific seat, or if there is a special concert going on.

Rama 3, I find, better than Ram Intra. It is smaller and cozier. It would depend on where you are staying as to which is easier to get to (either way, traffic is a bitch). I like to go early, before it gets too busy, that way you have a better choice of seats.

Soi Cowboy is busiest on Friday and Saturday nights, often with too many drunk farangs. Personally I try to avoid Soi Cowboy on those nights.

You didn't say what dates you are going to be here, but be warned that most (if not all) government offices will be closed over Songkran.

Also, if you are here over the Songkran holiday, be prepared to get wet, especially in Soi Cowboy. Make sure everything you carry is waterproofed.

Personally I prefer to hunker down in the bunker (stocking up beforehand) and not venturing out until it is well and truely over.

Edited by WhizBang
  • Like 1

If you are used to the passport office in Central-Bang Na being in the 5th floor parking garage you should know that it has moved to the ground level at the very rear of the mall. The mall doesn't open till 11am but the passport office opens at 0830. You have to tell security that you are going to the Passport Office. They might be closed for some of the Songkran days; you better check.

13-17 April are government holidays, so I have been told. The passport office will be closed.

• Like 1

13-17 April are government holidays, so I have been told. The passport office will be closed.

Ahh that is not so good, we had planned to go on Tuesday the 17th as she seemed to think the holiday had finished.