Thai Customs Agency

Just want to know from those who have imported anything INTO Los, what are your thoughts when it comes to dealing with this agency?

I am concerned they are ineficient and at worse corrupt.

Any experiences?

Thanks for the link, very ineresting. In short, they have rules but no rules and just do everything on the fly when oppourtunities present themselves. It seems from the article the tried it on with some fairly big players too.

I sent one of my prosthetic legs to the US for repair because no doctor here had the knowledge or materials to repair it. They had never even seen one like it. When it came back, customs charged me $471.00 UDS. It didn't matter that it was my personal medical device. I still had to pay.

Because they knew you didn't have a leg to stand on...

(sorry - had to)

I sent one of my prosthetic legs to the US for repair because no doctor here had the knowledge or materials to repair it. They had never even seen one like it. When it came back, customs charged me $471.00 UDS. It didn't matter that it was my personal medical device. I still had to pay.

BTW, I think Cambodia is the prosthetic limb capital of the world, although they may not be state-of-the-art. Maybe check there next time?

• Like 1

LOL guys. I've heard them all before, but good try. All of the doctors I've seen here tell me it's way too hi tech for them. Their's are just a wooden foot that doesn't bend. Mine is Titainum with an ankle that allows the foot to bend for walking up stairs, driving, walking, etc.Cambodia has the same as Thailand.

Edited by ralphlsasser