Anyone For Badminton?

eyecatcher

With all great intentions I brought my raquet with me last year but setting up my business has taken precedence; so before i get too fat and out of shape does anyone fancy a knock up somewhere (badminton term before you think otherwise)

Maybe i can join in with a small group if anyone is up for it?

well..from the abundance of replies on this thread, i feel i am so naive; it seems farangs on this forum have already given up on physical activity, too old, "put out to grass"

from my own business here, i previously concluded that "generally" farangs dont care about their health- the Japs, Koreans,singaporeans, Thais "generally" do..........sorry for being contraversial

ok, anyone for dominoes???

well..from the abundance of replies on this thread, i feel i am so naive; it seems farangs on this forum have already given up on physical activity, too old, "put out to grass"

from my own business here, i previously concluded that "generally" farangs dont care about their health- the Japs, Koreans,singaporeans, Thais "generally" do..........sorry for being contraversial

ok, anyone for dominoes???

Hmmmm. A couple of Thai teachers remarked that farangs age better than Thais because they exercise more.

Do you think you can stay in shape by jumping to conclusions?

haha yes.....but at what age do they stop exercising? walking around the park every day does not keep you looking young, it keeps you from ceasing up!

i will tell you- the farangs who look 10-15yr younger than they actually are; are the ones who never smoked; the ones that kept out of the sun and the ones eating a daily dose of garlic.

physical exercise reinforces the above, and then you genuinely feel and look younger.

i see a similar thread about tennis about to go the same way as this. what a surprise.

I am here in Chiang Mai on and off (the last 9 years) and will here 1-2 months more before going back home. I have my own rackets as well. 6 years ago I played badminton with a Thai friend and two of my Swedish friends who later then relocated to Bangkok . We played at Charoen Muang road but 700 year Stadium is cheaper and closer to me. I am up for badminton while and when ever I am in town. I am female and soon 33 of age.

I am here in Chiang Mai on and off (the last 9 years) and will here 1-2 months more before going back home. I have my own rackets as well. 6 years ago I played badminton with a Thai friend and two of my Swedish friends who later then relocated to Bangkok . We played at Charoen Muang road but 700 year Stadium is cheaper and closer to me. I am up for badminton while and when ever I am in town. I am female and soon 33 of age.

u might see me asking to play many sports here and badminton is one of them. im female too

There is a group of farang that play at the municipal studium near Chang Phruak. There is a building on the backside of the stadium that has badminton courts. My gf and I go there to play sometimes. Its indoors, has fans and its 20baht per person. The guy I talked to said they play 2 days a week but I dont remember what days. Maybe someone else knows.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is a group of farang that play at the municipal studium near Chang Phruak. There is a building on the backside of the stadium that has badminton courts. My gf and I go there to play sometimes. Its indoors, has fans and its 20baht per person. The guy I talked to said they play 2 days a week but I dont remember what days. Maybe someone else knows.

The farangs, and several Thai wives and GF's, play tuesday and friday from 2:00 until 4:00 or later. Usually between 7 and 20 people show up. Skill levels vary from able beginner to pretty darn good. At 4:00 a group of Thai men, mostly seniors, come in. They are generally better players and fun to watch.

There is a shop in the building with drinks, snacks, and badminton equipment. There is a shower in the loo but not many use it.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

The farangs, and several Thai wives and GF's, play tuesday and friday from 2:00 until 4:00 or later. Usually between 7 and 20 people show up. Skill levels vary from able beginner to pretty darn good. At 4:00 a group of Thai men, mostly seniors, come in. They are generally better players and fun to watch.

There is a shop in the building with drinks, snacks, and badminton equipment. There is a shower in the loo but not many use it.

Just to bring this up to date. The fee has jumped an astronomical 50% so it now costs all of 30 baht per person for the 2+ hours of play. smile.png

There is still a game every Tuesday and Friday and the number of players varies depending on who is in town. All pleasant people are welcome and racquets can be rented or sometimes borrowed.

How about racquetball? I've not played it for years and I loved it......any venues in CM to play it?

Racquetball requires a very fit person. Are you sure you are into it?

Tennis and pingpong may be good for the ever growing older expats here. Think along this line!

How about racquetball? I've not played it for years and I loved it......any venues in CM to play it?

Racquetball requires a very fit person. Are you sure you are into it?

Tennis and pingpong may be good for the ever growing older expats here. Think along this line!

Cheeky......

Anyway I enjoy table tennis too so!!! where can I play that?