Where Can I Find This Electric Guitar Pickup Brand In Bangkok?

Jimmy1877

I was able to find Bangkok Ribbee Company site http://www.ribbee.com/ from the Lindy Fralin official website's international dealer list. I just called them today 81-985-4005 and surprisingly the guy on the phone doesn't even know the brand "Lindy Fralin". I did found this one from google. But it seems like it's wrong or it hasn't be updated or something. I kept trying to google but can't find another place that sell this brand....

I've seen them for sale at Music Concept in CentralWorld.

hmm I actually called Music Concept at Central Bangna and Siam Square and they don't carry LINDY FRALIN brand...

Haven't try Central World though, I might give them a call tomorrow. Hopefully they do have it on sale!!

Have been searching for this brand in Bangkok like forever... It's actually quite a famous pickup brand, I'm surprised they don't sell it here.

Seems like the only way to go is to order on Ebay and have it ship to here which would cost a lot more sad.png

Edited by Jimmy1877

Lindy Fralin is WAAAAAAY too boutique for Music Concept.

I know Rock Planet in CW carries Lollar pickups ( a set of Dirty Blondes on a Strat is about as good as it gets IMO) maybe they can help you with the Fralins.

Also another very good alternative is Bare Knuckles from Pedals Park in Times Square.

I have music concept's contact at Central World, in case you are interested!...cool.png

Don't be surprised that the official dealers never heard of that brand, I had the same experience for all sorts of stuff before.

In your case, I would probably order directly from their website.

I was shopping around a lot on Telecaster pick-ups a while ago and settled for hand-wound Klein pick-ups. Insane 12 kOhm - split coil @ 6.8...They were 220 USD for the set, shipped to a friend in the US who brought them over. They also ship to Thailand but this would cost extra.

I have music concept's contact at Central World, in case you are interested!...cool.png

Don't be surprised that the official dealers never heard of that brand, I had the same experience for all sorts of stuff before.

In your case, I would probably order directly from their website.

I was shopping around a lot on Telecaster pick-ups a while ago and settled for hand-wound Klein pick-ups. Insane 12 kOhm - split coil @ 6.8...They were 220 USD for the set, shipped to a friend in the US who brought them over. They also ship to Thailand but this would cost extra.

Lindy Fralin is WAAAAAAY too boutique for Music Concept.

I know Rock Planet in CW carries Lollar pickups ( a set of Dirty Blondes on a Strat is about as good as it gets IMO) maybe they can help you with the Fralins.

Also another very good alternative is Bare Knuckles from Pedals Park in Times Square.

Hey guys! I really appreciate the helping. You guys seems to be the experienced ones here and knows where to find guitar stuffs in Bangkok, which is what I really need help with at the moment. I'm from Taiwan and I'm not familiar with Bangkok at all. Unfortunately, I've been calling all different shops I could find on google including the ones you guys suggested, and asked every guitar shops that I passed by the last few weeks at a few mall. This is much much harder than I thought. Surprisingly, or I guess it's normal? Almost no one sells Lindy Fralin pickup, and most of them don't even what I'm talking about when I said the brand name. Thailand seems to know more of Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio... which is not what I'm looking for.. these are more for rock and metal.. but I'm looking for more blues funk rock (noiseless pickup but still single-coil sound, and more dynamic, more punchy, more output, fatter and fuller solid tone btw). Um.. unless there's a pickup that would fit the requirement for what I mentioned and I can find it in Bangkok? Or else I guess Raro is right.. probably the only way is to order and have the Lindy Frallin pickup shipped. But I don't think they ship internationally to Thailand? Probably got to go with Ebay.... and spend much much extra money : (

Edited by Jimmy1877

Why shouldn't they ship to Thailand? I face this in my business quite often that someone says "cannot ". A proven recipe is to offer 1 mio Baht, dollar, whatever. Then it is usually suddenly possible. The trick is now to negotiate this price a bit closer to zero to make it worthwhile for you...

sent from my Android phone

I received a PM from a member asking about light gauge strings. I'd like to post my reply also here as it might be of interst for other guitar players as well:

Hi,

thanks for asking, I lay guitar for over 30 years, but never had an acoustic with steel strings...still, the concept is the same and quite obvious: The thinner the strings are the less tension you need to tune them and as a result the less power you need to push them down. However, I have no idea how much strings for acoustic guitars are as I have never bought them. 700 Baht sounds expensive to me. Electric guitar strings are about 250 Baht a set and nylon strings about 450.

The pain in your finger is a normal beginner's problem and can only be overcome by practice wink.png Do NOT overexercise, carpal tunnel syndrome is another dreadful problem that can occur, especially for beginners. If you feel that your body tells you "stop now", do this.

I would rather recommend you to save your money for this time, practice more often but shorter times and most important is, get a teacher who shows you the first steps. Nothing is worse then getting a wrong habit and there are some typical beginner mistakes that a teacher can iron our before they occur. Next time you need to change the strings go for a light gauge set and see/feel the difference. You will also notice that the guitar doesn't sound as "full" anymore, that's the downside of light gauge strings. In between is the compromise between sound and easy-to-play.

One more thing comes to mind: There is no law that tells you you have to play in standard tuning. Some guitar players (Stevie Ray Vaughan for instance) use very heavy gauge (012 in SRV's case, opposed to 009 standard) but tuned the guitar one step down. So the E string becomes a Eb string. NOW it sounds much fatter and the strings are still easy to push down as there is less tension on them. If you want to play along with your favourite songs it is of course not possible, as you will be out of tune. Tosolve this, there is a program in the market called "amazing slow downer". It slows down MP3s without changing the pitch to practice fast runs little bit by little bit. It also changes the pitch of a song by as many steps as you like without changing the speed. so you can tune down the song as well while playing with it. The program you can download, it costs some 20 bucks if I remember well. Have it for ages and it helped me a lot to figure out this little guitar bit that seemed to be impossible to play...

Have fun!

raro