Posted Images

hello all

i am new in this forum

pls advise me about fish form i want to invest

thanks

shaz

i am thinking for start new bussniss

so thats why looking for advise

You need to be more specific, you need to write a page long information on what you want us to advise you about.

For starter you could tell us how much money you have on the table for doing this investment.

nearlly 10 m thai bhat

hello all

i am new in this forum

pls advise me about fish form i want to invest

thanks

shaz

i am thinking for start new bussniss

so thats why looking for advise

You need to be more specific, you need to write a page long information on what you want us to advise you about.

For starter you could tell us how much money you have on the table for doing this investment.

Do you want to make a small fortune or a big one?

I suggest keep it in the bank till you've done at least a year of research.

I think everyone on the farming forum could tell you how easier it would have been second time around.

Regards

anyone using EM in their fish/ prawn operations ? if so thoughts , feedback ?

cheers

hmmmm i guess thats a no !!!

Mate, sorry for the slow answer ... devils in diapers atm.

The Thai Farm doesn't use them.

they do everything to keep their input costs to a minimum.

Maybe a PM to IsaanAussie (spelling?) might reveal a bit more info for you as he's one of the guys here with a lot of experience in that area.

anyone using EM in their fish/ prawn operations ? if so thoughts , feedback ?

cheers

hmmmm i guess thats a no !!!

Mate, sorry for the slow answer ... devils in diapers atm.

The Thai Farm doesn't use them.

they do everything to keep their input costs to a minimum.

Maybe a PM to IsaanAussie (spelling?) might reveal a bit more info for you as he's one of the guys here with a lot of experience in that area.

He got his PM from me already...

• Like 1

Do you want to make a small fortune or a big one?

I suggest keep it in the bank till you've done at least a year of research.

I think everyone on the farming forum could tell you how easier it would have been second time around.

Regards

"Does he want to lose a small fortune or a big one?" Is equally appropriate:)

• 2 weeks later...

Like all nutters ... there is the environmental groups (and I'm a Greeie btw) who pay to go and find the worst of the indusrty.

The 0.1% of the bad Farmers who do exploit the system.

So, just for the record and a balanced argument, here are the 0.1%ers ...

So, just how credible are this mob ... how deeply did they do their research?

Quote and relevant statics?

OH ...BTW ... china is a far larger exporter of Shrimp/Prawn product then Thailand is.

Or just use emotive language over some captured media to paint a image the Shrimp/Prawn Industry

is corrupt, destroying the Earth as we breath and that the industry extensively uses anti-biotics to keep

their harvest alive in the polluted waters.

One particular shot was of a Farmer draining the pond ... but the camera angle made it look like a sewerage pipe

discharging ... just emotive media ... dry.png

The amount of 'by-catch' shown makes it hard to imagine that they were 'Farmed' because if that amount of marine life could infiltrate the nets ... surely the Shrimp/Prawn could escape from the nets.

But it's now included as part of the tread.

• 2 months later...

My wife was a farm girl as a child up until the age of 10. She too says that her father farmed fish and the chickens were kept over the top.

On Java Indonesia many houses have their toilet in the middle of the pond full of fish.

Easy peasy.

• 2 months later...

You may remember that last Jan. my pla nin started to go belly up. I drained the lake and took out all I could find. I sold what I could and then put the large ones in the lower lake. Now the pla nin population is getting out of hand. Does anyone know if you put pla Jaramet in they will eat a lot of the small pla nin?

After one year, my pla suwai are averaging between 1-1.5 kg. I have started a fishing park in Doi Hang, Chiang rai, Ampjur muang. I do not charge admission but charge 60 Baht per kg. Not sure this is the best thing. We open the park, bar and grill on Fri., Sat. and Sun. So far the Thais have not bought one drink. I do my best to keep them from bringing food and drinks in but it is hard to control.

Have had good luck with growth of pla du, pla bu and Jaramet in the upper lake. I have put some pla baa in the lower lake. Hoping to get a good mixture for the fishing park.

It is next to impossible to hire help in Doi Hang. They plant rice and sell the other stuff and make a lot of money. When the army gets here I think that their program will be altered.

You may remember that last Jan. my pla nin started to go belly up. I drained the lake and took out all I could find. I sold what I could and then put the large ones in the lower lake. Now the pla nin population is getting out of hand. Does anyone know if you put pla Jaramet in they will eat a lot of the small pla nin?

After one year, my pla suwai are averaging between 1-1.5 kg. I have started a fishing park in Doi Hang, Chiang rai, Ampjur muang. I do not charge admission but charge 60 Baht per kg. Not sure this is the best thing. We open the park, bar and grill on Fri., Sat. and Sun. So far the Thais have not bought one drink. I do my best to keep them from bringing food and drinks in but it is hard to control.

Have had good luck with growth of pla du, pla bu and Jaramet in the upper lake. I have put some pla baa in the lower lake. Hoping to get a good mixture for the fishing park.

It is next to impossible to hire help in Doi Hang. They plant rice and sell the other stuff and make a lot of money. When the army gets here I think that their program will be altered.

Hi Donald,

The few I have been to around Petcha

The few I have been to around Petchabun charge 50 baht per rod and Pla nin go for 40-50 baht/kg. In the market here you can get Pla Sawai for about 35 baht/kg so you won't have many takers. Pricing on different fish at the parks varies here. You will do better as your fish get bigger. Have a rule that everything over 2 kg gets returned. I would add Rohu (Pla Esok). Jaramet are fun, but I have not had good experience with them in my ponds......They will eat everything. To handle small fish, go to the market and pick up a few large Pla chon or let old ladies fish for free with cane polessmile.png . I would also stock Pla Duk, Pla Buk, and Pla Nuanjan.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gifDSCF2389.JPG

Following on from the previous series of photos ...

attachicon.gifDSCF2392.JPG

More of the catch

attachicon.gifDSCF2394.JPG

Tilapia in with the prawns ... most likely will be breakfast.

attachicon.gifDSCF2395.JPG

One method of transport to the market

attachicon.gifDSCF2396.JPG

Gf's Dad with the trusty ute

attachicon.gifDSCF2397.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF2398.JPG

Adding the ice

Will ask why some were no ice (on the motorcycle) and others in the barrell with ice in the back of the ute.

at last! someone who speaks English.

Shrimps are whale fodder, but some countries love to use one word to cover three or four things... Don't get me started.

Then there's gilgies, yabbies, king prawns, tiger prawns, 1.5kg crayfish....

• Like 1

Thanks for the information on the aerators. The turbine really looked efficient.

My first experience with the fishing park has been strange. Thais are mostly young men and boys. some think they are playing and some think they are fishing. Their fishing skills are very limited and none know how to catch the pla suwai which are the larger ones. After removing the admission fee there are a lot of people who come. After almost one month not one soft drink or beer has been purchased by the Thais. Although there are trash cans around they still insist on throwing it in the water or on the ground. Instead of a fishing park it is more like a fish market and playground.

• 2 months later...

I'm back in Australia now, just recently returned as of this week.

Last week, the Farm Mother set her Shrimp/Prawn nets and it was the first time that I had seen this.

They caught virtually nothing ... breakfast for a couple of days at best.

Most of the nets they simply pulled in, opened up the end and released the what ever was caught up in the net.

It's tough being a Farmer sometimes ... but we all know that ... facepalm.gif