How Many Baht To The Pound?

StreetCowboy

This is probably most useful for those of us budgeting for sin sod; or planning on taking our wealth overseas.

Does anyone know, from memory (supplemented, if necessary, by prodigious mental arithmetic), how many baht to the pound?

SC

I know.

I had to look it up, but I reckon its just shy of thirty

SC

EDIT: Order changed, to avoid inferred boasting

Please don't ever do that again - you frightened the life out of me!!

I work on the basis of 47-48 per pound, and use 50 as my easy comparison.

Just looked it up and it is around 48.

I know.

SC

Please don't ever do that again - you frightened the life out of me!!

I work on the basis of 47-48 per pound, and use 50 as my easy comparison.

Just looked it up and it is around 48.

Whatever it is, it' never enough.

I know.

SC

How much would it be in Kg, as most countries use the metric system? rolleyes.gif

I'll take that as a no, then.

As I say, I had to look it up, and its about 15.2 g.

As far as I can tell, its only used for measuring sin sod.

SC

I still use my UK bank account and to avoid the charges of continuously withdrawing money, I always withdraw as much as it will let me in one go. The daily limit for withdrawal is 300GBP and just a couple of months ago I was able to withdraw 14500Baht at a time, but lately I've noticed that I can now only withdraw 14000Baht, so either the charges have gone up or the exchange rate has got worse.

I think most people use the 50B to the pound benchmark.

I know.

SC

How much would it be in Kg, as most countries use the metric system? rolleyes.gif

I'll take that as a no, then.

SC

biggrin.png

I still use my UK bank account and to avoid the charges of continuously withdrawing money, I always withdraw as much as it will let me in one go. The daily limit for withdrawal is 300GBP and just a couple of months ago I was able to withdraw 14500Baht at a time, but lately I've noticed that I can now only withdraw 14000Baht, so either the charges have gone up or the exchange rate has got worse.

Or, in your case, 13000

why not just trasfer into a thai bank account then you can bring over £7000 for £17 fee, thats HSBC. here in 2-3 days normally. 336,000 baht

why not just trasfer into a thai bank account then you can bring over £7000 for £17 fee, thats HSBC. here in 2-3 days normally. 336,000 baht

I plan to. I have a Thai account that I opened in Chiang Mai but since moving down to Bangkok, it charges me for withdrawals (and even deposits) so once it emptied, I stopped using it. I have tried to open an account here a couple of times but they wanted a work permit which I don't have. I know it's possible to open an account without one I just haven't had the time to trawl around looking for a branch that will let me yet.

So if you reckon that a pound was originally a pound of silver sterlings, and a baht similarly, mutatis mutandis, then since time immemorial we could conclude that the pound sterling had appreciated about 67% against the Thai baht.

So Effin2Ret said he did, Semper implied he didn't; not a big sample so far

SC

I know.

I reckoned it was about thirty, but I had to look it up.

SC

Here is the KBank rates for TT for 20012 so far.

For somw reason it went down very quickly last Thursday but it is on its way back up again.

Forex 2012 v1.xls

There was some bad financial news in the UK, revenues were down from taxes I think which threw off the debt reduction figures, not a big deal but you how some of these pratts in the market have to justify their jobs by waving there hands in the air and crying woe woe!

They have got over the false scare now so maybe the cricket bat round the head did the trick!

You could also bring a cheque and pay just 500bts, but it takes a month to clear.

I like to use this one. It's a little higher than what the banks will give you but it has a graph that shows what the currency has been doing over 120 days.

http://www.x-rates.c...P/graph120.html

I prefer the actual bank rate as it is a more correct rate unless you are transferring a very large quantity at a time.

If you wish I can post 3 graphs going back to 2000 but when I look at the rates then I get sad and nostalgic.

SC

1 Baht is equal to 540 Pounds in Stering.

Win on a Gold rush

How Many Baht To The Pound?

30 Baht to the Pound (approx) = 16,200 in Stering

Win wai.gif