High Fat Fresh Milk

gennisis

Shopping at Rimping today I saw cartons of 'Gold' milk claiming 4.5% fat content.

Assuming that no one has a herd of Jersey or Guernsey cows I am guessing that they have simply added some cream to the milk?

Of course, being Thailand maybe just some palm oil??

I've started buying chokchai farms milk which tastes like milk basically. I have a concern about Meiji in that it lasts too long which might sound strange, but milk does not naturally last as long as Meiji does so I wonder what they do to it. Dutch milk tastes a bit odd to me as well.

I've started buying chokchai farms milk which tastes like milk basically. I have a concern about Meiji in that it lasts too long which might sound strange, but milk does not naturally last as long as Meiji does so I wonder what they do to it. Dutch milk tastes a bit odd to me as well.

I remember reading in another thread that Meiji milk is made up in Thailand from imported Japanese? milk powder, which may explain its longevity.

I agree about Dutch Mill milk. I am drinking some in my tea now, and am debating pouring the rest of the bottle away. It reminds me of the nasty sterilized milk that was sold in the UK.

I would also be interested to know which brands, if any, are real pasteurised milk.

Dutch Mill in tea is horrible! Even UHT milk tastes better in tea than it. I use meiji 0%, bf said he found it a bit suss because most 0% milk is runnier, whereas Meiji is pretty creamy. Would be interesting to know how its made up.

• 3 weeks later...