Does Your Thai Wife Do This...

connda

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh ... a wonderful example of the renown Thai Sulk ... not to be confused with the renown Thai Silk.

You seem to have the required temperament to outlast it.

Note to self ... remember to play water with the gf this Songkran

Ahhh ... a wonderful example of the renown Thai Sulk ... not to be confused with the renown Thai Silk.

You seem to have the required temperament to outlast it.

Note to self ... remember to play water with the gf this Songkran

Thank God she doesn't stick her lower lip out and give me the Thai Pout. I just get the furrowed eyebrows, down-turned lips, and silence. More like the Thai Serious Face. Probably has to do with her being over 50. The Thai Pout seems to be a younger girl's method. I see it on Thai soap opera all the time!!!

I understand how it seems like the story is out of the blue, Connda- but as a suggestion, considering her age and what she said- perhaps she is feeling insecure about getting older? I mean, I don't know either of you so it may be that this is completely unhelpful advice, but perhaps you could do/say something to reassure here about the 'real' topic, which is her getting older, while ignoring the trivial thing that set her off. Maybe buy her some flowers and remind her of how much longer you both have, etc., etc..... just a thought.

• Like 1

I understand how it seems like the story is out of the blue, Connda- but as a suggestion, considering her age and what she said- perhaps she is feeling insecure about getting older? I mean, I don't know either of you so it may be that this is completely unhelpful advice, but perhaps you could do/say something to reassure here about the 'real' topic, which is her getting older, while ignoring the trivial thing that set her off. Maybe buy her some flowers and remind her of how much longer you both have, etc., etc..... just a thought.

Good advice. She actually is dealing with (drum roll)...menopause! ohmy.png Hormone roller-coaster~~~~~ She actually called me up and asked me to buy her an Ice Coffee. Maybe she just "broke the ice" on the silent treatment. I'll toss a rose in and see what happens. :)

• Like 2

I waiting for someone to pipe in that the OP shouldnt have married a bargirl...giggle.gif

you mean then the stories he can tell us are less boring? huh.png

Sorry for boring -- you obviously haven't been married for as long as I have. Ha ha ha!

A very thoughtful and tender post IJWT, but no, the silence is worth it.

Try telling her "sorry", even if you don't think you've done anything wrong. In her mind you have. My wife waits to hear those words, and then she's all better. I don't think its a Thai thing, as much as a woman thing.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

I think it's a "Man Thing" - apologise just in case you are wrong - because you probably are.

Why don't you try communicating with a similar tone of voice ,

" you no lose all year , me lose all time , me pay water money , you shower many many time , why you ab nam mak mak , you very bad heart , no more powder you take all " .

just say it with a smile .

• Like 1

Wife: <silence>

This morning:

This afternoon:

Wife: <more silence>

I'm expecting two or three more days of silence, which I really don't mind.

I have had girlfriends who behaved similar.

They didn't last for long.

But each wanted to come back.

This morning:

This afternoon:

Wife: <more silence>

I'm expecting two or three more days of silence, which I really don't mind.

I have had girlfriends who behaved similar.

They didn't last for long.

But each wanted to come back.

You got the shower fixed ? drunk.gif

• Like 1

My wife gives me the silent treatment when she's angry with me. Most of the time it is about something extremely petty such as my shirt being dirty rolleyes.gif . Seems to go away in about a day.

Try telling her "sorry", even if you don't think you've done anything wrong. In her mind you have. My wife waits to hear those words, and then she's all better. I don't think its a Thai thing, as much as a woman thing.

I agree it's a woman thing.

I disagree that a man should apologise for something in her mind.

I usually go out with the boys and get drunk when mine plays this game, amazing how quickly they forget whatever it was, when they thing you are considering taking a 'mia noi'.

• Like 2

So how do you get them to be quiet for so long again?

Find a way to piss her off without knowing you pissed her off. wink.png

Doesn't happen much. I always do what i want when she wants......................clap2.gif Still never shuts her up, my little coiled cobra

• Like 1