Accident With Bus And Motorbikes Yesterday, On Pattaya Klang

how241

Maybe better to ask this in the Pattaya forum? Sorry to say, but these accidents happen almost every day. Saw a big one last week near Makro. 3-4 bikes involved.

Topic Moved.

Yes it's crazy stuff, same up here in NE, it is totally the lack of police presence that is the problem. Up here hardly ever see a cop so the guys who control them are paid for doing nothing. The loss of life is their fault, 100%.

Yes it's crazy stuff, same up here in NE, it is totally the lack of police presence that is the problem. Up here hardly ever see a cop so the guys who control them are paid for doing nothing. The loss of life is their fault, 100%.

I disagree. It's entirely the fault of drivers and riders who do not anticipate what others around them are going to do. I commonly see riders and drivers drive beyond their vision and follow WAY TOO CLOSE behind other moving vehicles. I get passed all the time by riders going at break neck speeds in heavy traffic.

Yes, police COULD spend a little more time at busy intersections, but they can't be everywhere all the time. At rush hour I hardly ever see a light change where a dozen vehicles and motorbikes don't go through LONG AFTER THE LIGHT TURNED RED FOR THEM! I'm more likely to be hit from behind if I actually stop at a red light. I HATE approaching a stale green light because I KNOW that following vehicles behind me are going to race through the light long after it turned red.

Why is it the Police's fault? Thats just crazy. They man the intersections and schools at days end. They can be there at 9:00pm to make sure every motorist is driving good come on.

It's called "TIT" Traffic In Thailand

This happened YESTERDAY, around 9 pm. I was on my way to Big "C", the old Carrefour, on Pattaya Klang around 9 pm. There appeared to big a big accident involving a bus and several motorbikes. Any have any details ?

• Like 1

I disagree. It's entirely the fault of drivers and riders who do not anticipate what others around them are going to do. I commonly see riders and drivers drive beyond their vision and follow WAY TOO CLOSE behind other moving vehicles. I get passed all the time by riders going at break neck speeds in heavy traffic.

Yes, police COULD spend a little more time at busy intersections, but they can't be everywhere all the time. At rush hour I hardly ever see a light change where a dozen vehicles and motorbikes don't go through LONG AFTER THE LIGHT TURNED RED FOR THEM! I'm more likely to be hit from behind if I actually stop at a red light. I HATE approaching a stale green light because I KNOW that following vehicles behind me are going to race through the light long after it turned red.

And why do they do this crazy stuff ? Cos there is no fear of a cop being on duty.

New crash hat laws, made any difference ? No, cos they know there is no cop to to nick them.

Drivers can do any daft thing cos there are no cops, they are in a bar, playing snooker or running their own business when they should be out there teaching people how to survive, especially the kids.

Sorry, but can't agree with you totally. For sure it's the fault of the drivers and riders also. BUT! When there is entirely NO police enforcement of any traffic law, drivers get away with murder. Literally.

I watch them run red lights (right in front of the police box), pass on the shoulder, cut across sidewalks, ride the wrong way, ride with no lights on at dark (and the wrong way), etc, etc, etc. Better police enforcement would have a huge impact.

As mentioned above, no fear of the police makes drivers take chances. Drink and drive in the US? No way. The penalties are huge. Not worth the risk. Here? No worries.

• Like 1

Sorry, but can't agree with you totally. For sure it's the fault of the drivers and riders also. BUT! When there is entirely NO police enforcement of any traffic law, drivers get away with murder. Literally.

I watch them run red lights (right in front of the police box), pass on the shoulder, cut across sidewalks, ride the wrong way, ride with no lights on at dark (and the wrong way), etc, etc, etc. Better police enforcement would have a huge impact.

As mentioned above, no fear of the police makes drivers take chances. Drink and drive in the US? No way. The penalties are huge. Not worth the risk. Here? No worries.

Must add that when l was a kid in UK l got banned from driving twice, why, cos l thought there was no police presence. hit-the-fan.gif

Simple. Big bus has the right of way and is speeding to get where it is going, probably racing another big bus. Possibly drunk or under the influence of meth, as many drivers are. All the drivers of the bikes were all racing, without any thought to safety, no idea how to drive anything, possibly drunk or under the influence of meth, as many in Pattaya are. The bus won. The rest is crash history.

Simple. Big bus has the right of way and is speeding to get where it is going, probably racing another big bus. Possibly drunk or under the influence of meth, as many drivers are. All the drivers of the bikes were all racing, without any thought to safety, no idea how to drive anything, possibly drunk or under the influence of meth, as many in Pattaya are. The bus won. The rest is crash history.

Without knowing the details of this particular accident, there's a simpler possibility. I've seen buses crashing through the 3rd/Pattaya Klang intersection many seconds after lights turned red. The buses are speeding along 3rd Road... Bikes on Pattaya Klang are taking off on green..... BANG! 10 bikes wiped out by bus.

Watching buses doing this really upsets me.

Edited by tropo

Does anyone have any info or details about This accident ? Not general stories about how bad you think Thai drivers are. Thank you

I'm sure if someone knew about the accident they would have posted about it by now. Why the interested in this particular accident?

Does anyone have any info or details about This accident ? Not general stories about how bad you think Thai drivers are. Thank you

I'm sure if someone knew about the accident they would have posted about it by now. Why the interested in this particular accident?

Maybe he wants the vehicles' plate numbers for the lottery?