I Just Met This Girl

AnotherOneAmerican

Bloke is also a word not used in the US. Howdy is not something I've ever used. I suppose that has redneck connotations

I hear the howdy salutation every day. Why, because I am currently in a place in the US where it is said regularly. Just like you don't hear the term "coon ass" anywhere but in Louisiana. You must be from the northeast as the dam_n yankees do so love to use the word redneck. See how easy it is to be a bigot. There are quite a few distinct sub-cultures in the US. Just because your dumb ass hasn't been exposed to them doesn't mean they don't exist.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloke is also a word not used in the US. Howdy is not something I've ever used. I suppose that has redneck connotations

I hear the howdy salutation every day. Why, because I am currently in a place in the US where it is said regularly. Just like you don't hear the term "coon ass" anywhere but in Louisiana. You must be from the northeast as the dam_n yankees do so love to use the word redneck. See how easy it is to be a bigot. There are quite a few distinct sub-cultures in the US. Just because your dumb ass hasn't been exposed to them doesn't mean they don't exist.

You tell him, son.

He'll be awa wi ma sixguns next, tae gaun doon the toon tae shoot up the sherrif like

SC

This troll is clearly a Brit making fun of Americans. That was my thought reading the OP. Then I got a confirmation when he said in a post "blethering idiots" quote:

"I didn't bother to reply as the last five pages of posts seem to have been written by blethering idiots!".

I grew up in the US and lived there 40+ years and never once heard the term "blethering". He also used the term "fleeced" in another thread. This is another term we dont use.

another quote from a post "We all get on very well.". We American dont use this terminology ever, it's Brit speak

Blithering idiot is common usage in the US blethering is not. Is that what you meant?

Anyone who has been a member of TV for more than a day will be well aware of “blethering” through exposer to theblether and his posts.biggrin.png

Correct!!.........now pay attention......I am theblether........I doth blether too much.......I suffer from a condition called Bletherology!!........it is contagious!!!..........first symptoms are a need to use the word blether in every post.......when you get it in short bursts it's know as bletheritis......I fear I have spread bletheritis to my fellow Thaivisa members.......

I'm sorry crying.gif

• Like 2

This troll is clearly a Brit making fun of Americans. That was my thought reading the OP. Then I got a confirmation when he said in a post "blethering idiots" quote:

"I didn't bother to reply as the last five pages of posts seem to have been written by blethering idiots!".

I grew up in the US and lived there 40+ years and never once heard the term "blethering". He also used the term "fleeced" in another thread. This is another term we dont use.

another quote from a post "We all get on very well.". We American dont use this terminology ever, it's Brit speak

Blithering idiot is common usage in the US blethering is not. Is that what you meant?

Anyone who has been a member of TV for more than a day will be well aware of “blethering” through exposer to theblether and his posts.biggrin.png

Correct!!.........now pay attention......I am theblether........I doth blether too much.......I suffer from a condition called Bletherology!!

I really don't want to pull you up on that, but, bletherology would be the study of a blether or a group of blethers.

The suffering or symptoms of the condition would be called bletheritus, and a bletheroligist (who may not be a sufferer of said condition) would be tasked with ascertaining if said condition in others was genetic, congenital (love that word, it's sounds like not telling the truth about your endowments) benign, acute or chronic and go on to describe its treatment.

I suffer from pedanditus.

(to such a degree that I edited to correct a typo)

Edited by Thaddeus
  • Like 1

Correct. As villagefarang says, "blethering" is thaivisa-speak, created in honor of an esteemed / prolific member.

Nana Cowboy - with your 20 ish posts, you might not be regular enough here to realize this. (I'm sure you do now though!)

The fact that the OP with his 20 ish posts does know this thaivisa-speak indicates that he is likely another more regular member (or maybe a banned one) with a new account and nickname who is trolling.

...I

really don't want to pull you up on that, but, bletherology would be the study of a blether or a group of blethers.

The suffering or symptoms of the condition would be called bletheritus, and a bletheroligist (who may not be a sufferer of said condition) would be tasked with ascertaining if said condition in others was genetic, congenital (love that word, it's sounds like not telling the truth about your endowments) benign, acute or chronic and go on to describe its treatment.

I suffer from pedanditus.

(to such a degree that I edited to correct a typo)

We all suffer from pedantry. In this case, yours.

SC

• Like 1

So if I wanted to hide my nationality I should say "Howdy" all the time.

Would that be as in "Howdy ye dae that, then?"

SC

EDIT: So a bloke from Baltimore would never blether?

http://netsavvy.co.uk/lobey/

They sometimes say "Howdy" down at Calton Creek .

• Like 1

SC

EDIT: So a bloke from Baltimore would never blether?

Howdy SC and apologies for snipping your quote (and the selective highlighting), but I didn't want the message to be lost in the words.

What SC was using is a form of alteration ... and it is important to never confuse blethering with blabbering or babbling ... same but different.

Just an observation but has any noted that ole' blether has been blessed with the Blarney Stone of late?

SC ... "bloke from Baltimore" ... maybe, but Bearsden would be a better bet ... thumbsup.gif

Edit:- I forgot to say Howdy partner

Edited by David48

I wonder why so many of you assume she is poor or needs me to buy her a house.

She drives a nearly new BMW, graduated from Chula and lives in a penthouse bought for her by her father, her parents appear to be quite wealthy.

I did meet her parents, her father is a lawyer (my age) and her step-mother is in her late 20s early 30s.

We all get on very well.

clap2.gif

This thread reminds me of throwing a bone to a pack of wild and hungry dogs.

First, the dogs savaged and tore at each other to get to the bone..

And then they just savaged and tore at each other, forgetting about the bone.

• Like 1

22 replies, none of them about where to live, apart from Mr. Canada who I believe was joking.

1 moderator reply, having remove who knows what.

Are the posters on this forum really so unhelpful?

Quite disgraceful!

I would have thought some people here would have some idea of a nice place to live.

Was it my fault, let me be more specific.

Looking to live somewhere with good Internet access, coffee bars, restaurants American and Thai.

Not too rural, where I could buy or build a house for 4-10Mbht on a few rai of land, money is not really a problem.

Could I have some serious suggestions from people who live in places like this

I suggest you do your homework and take a few days and read all you can on this forum (Thai Visa) and read about all the guys that were/are in your situation and end up loosing everything they bring to Thailand. There must be hundreds and maybe even thousands of guys similiar to what you are going thru right now. Don't be so quick to want to get married and build a 5-10m baht house. Come to Thailand, meet the girls "real" family, where they live, their "status" in the community, etc, etc. Travel around the whole of Thailand with her and see what parts of Thailand you may like. THEN, DON"T buy a house, rent for at least a year and THEN if everything works out, get married. OR better yet, why even get married. Get a legal will made in Thailand, and if you WANT the lady to get ALL your possessons of your passing, spell that out. Just start thinking SMART. Slow down - you'll probably meet dozens of ladies in coffee shops and elsewhere that will "love" you.

She drives a nearly new BMW, graduated from Chula and lives in a penthouse bought for her by her father, her parents appear to be quite wealthy.

I did meet her parents, her father is a lawyer (my age) and her step-mother is in her late 20s early 30s.

We all get on very well.

clap2.gif

Rich, beautiful, influential family, 24yrs old, new BMW, father's a lawyer.....and she want's to marry an old age pensioner from the USA.

Ummm....carry on mellow.png

We all get on very well.

clap2.gif

Rich, beautiful, influential family, 24yrs old, new BMW, father's a lawyer.....and she want's to marry an old age pensioner from the USA.

its unlikely a woman of that stature would even be in the same coffee shop as a farang tourist ,never mind make eye contact and fall deeply in love and spend the ensueing 2 weeks having " great sex " :D

We all get on very well.

clap2.gif

its unlikely a woman of that stature would even be in the same coffee shop as a farang tourist ,never mind make eye contact and fall deeply in love and spend the ensueing 2 weeks having " great sex " biggrin.png

Stranger things have happened at sea, although again, mostly only in fictional narratives

SC

Agreed. I knew this was troll meat. Just couldn't put my finger on it.

If you did a little textual analysis on the replies so far you would see that the writers are trying to advise you to be careful. The cynicism may appear to be frivolous but it isn't. Too many decent men have lost everything just for falling in love here in Thailand. Where to live at this stage of your relationship is not worth considering. There are so many things that you have yet to consider or otherwise you may lose everything in the blink of an eye. At 63 years of age do you really believe that a 24 year old little girl is in love with you?