Timeframe For Renewal Of One Year Non Immigrant Visa

My one year non immigrant visa is expiring june 5 and I want to leave thailand late april/early may. I want to renew my visa here before leaving. What is the earliest I can renew my visa? Can it be done one month before it expires or? Are there conditions for early renewal such as having air line ticket, etc. thanks.

Believe you are talking about a new extension of stay for retirement which is normally only accepted during the last 30 days but often exceptions can be made if you can show reason so you can ask. If not able to do and return will be after current extension you can obtain a new non immigrant O visa for entry and then extend again 60 days later. You would not need a re-entry permit in that case.

• Like 1

As long as you are under 30 days from expire you can get another year extension if all your paperwork is in order. Just remember to get your reentry permit, and not be gone longer than 30 days or it expires anyway. If you are going to be out of the country longer than 30 days then don't bother extending before you leave as it will expire, and you will have to get a new visa.

He clearly says he wants to travel before the 30 day period. And it appears he will not return until after his current extension expires. So he asks to do early so can get a re-entry permit to allow entry during that newly allowed one year stay. They may do this with show of tickets,

As long as you are under 30 days from expire you can get another year extension if all your paperwork is in order. Just remember to get your reentry permit, and not be gone longer than 30 days or it expires anyway. If you are going to be out of the country longer than 30 days then don't bother extending before you leave as it will expire, and you will have to get a new visa.

Huh? I'm away from Thailand for more than 30 days a couple of times a year and have never had any issues (have a non imm. based on marriage and a multiple reentry stamp).

Huh? I'm away from Thailand for more than 30 days a couple of times a year and have never had any issues (have a non imm. based on marriage and a multiple reentry stamp).

If you have a multi-entry non immigrant visa, then you don't need a re-entry permit. If you have obtained a one year extension of permission to stay then you will.

This is new to me. I am visiting the UK soon and I have the one year extension. My 90 day report is due and i was planning to get a re-entry permit at the same time.

If I am to be out of Thailand for more than 30 days, the re-entry permit will expire? I didn't realise this, if true

If so, then I may as well not bother with the re-entry permit and get a new non-o and extend that.

I think it is the choice of words that may be causing some confusion. I think you are describing a multiple entry Non-Immigrant 'O' visa obtained from the UK.

If that is the case you CANNOT renew it here, you have to renew outside Thailand. If you want to renew in the UK, you have to 'resident' at the time of making the application.

Does anyone know approximately how long the annual renewal of extension of stay (non imm. visa based on marriage) takes these days? I have to get another renewal done soon in Pattaya.

Thanks for all the comments and advice. From previous experience, after I get my one year extension on my visa and get a re-entry permit, then that permit is good for as long as the period of my visa extension. I don't want to take the chance of my extension not being approved if I go before the 30 days left on my visa, so I will delay my departure until I have less than 30 days left and then go and apply for my visa extension and one re-entry permit.

To the OP, I don't think there's any harm or downside risk in going to your local immigration office before the 30 day window, explaining your situation and documentation, and asking if they'll process an early renewal.

If they will, they will and it solves your issue. If they won't, then you can still delay your departure and reapply within the last 30 days window...

It's not like you get any kind of black mark if they decline to process your new extension prior to the final 30 days of your current extension.

that regulation" longer than 30 days outside of Thailand" with re-entry permit and subsequent expiration of visa is NEW to me.

I sometime travel overseas and have a re- entry permit and return within the validity of my retirement visa, regardless of the 30 days reporting to the immigration

I could be wrong with my opinion

that regulation" longer than 30 days outside of Thailand" with re-entry permit and subsequent expiration of visa is NEW to me.

I sometime travel overseas and have a re- entry permit and return within the validity of my retirement visa, regardless of the 30 days reporting to the immigration

I could be wrong with my opinion

looks like I misinterpreted the post. Validity of visa and exeeding the 30 days renewal periode before expiration.

Sure, if the visa (any) expires during your absence in Thailand, it becomes void and a new one must be applied for, the process can be of some bother, bank account statement 800k, 3 months in account prior to application etc.

As for a retirement visa expiration during out of country, a re-entry visa

There is no 30 days and you are out. You can use re-entry permit for return/entry up to the date indicated on it (your current permitted to stay until date).

sounds reasonable to me,

good anyway some reader has brought up that possibility, that's what a forum is for, eh!