Pheu Thai's Jirayu To Meet Thaksin In Hong Kong

webfact

POLITICS

Pheu Thai's Jirayu to meet Thaksin in Hong Kong

The Nation

30177914-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Pheu Thai Party deputy spokesman Jirayu Huangsap revealed yesterday he was in Hong Kong to meet former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

My talks with Thaksin will focus on seeking his advice about the upcoming race for the position of Bangkok governor," he said in a telephone interview from Hong Kong with INN online.

Jirayu said he wanted to consult Thaksin about a campaign strategy to meet the specific needs of each Bangkok locality.

The term of incumbent Governor Sukhumbhand Paribatra, who is a Democrat, will end in January.

Meanwhile, Deputy Agriculture Minister Natthawut Saikua refused to comment on a report that Thaksin will end his exile and return home this year, saying Thaksin should be accorded justice by his home country.

The public should help figure out whether or not Thaksin was treated with fairness and justice after being toppled in a coup. "And if not, should this society give him justice now?" asked Natthawut, who is also a Pheu Thai MP and hard-core red leader of the Rachaprasong protests in 2010.

Natthawut said he personally wished Thaksin would return home but added it was Thaksin who would make the final decision.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-03-14

I wish one of the local reporters had the b_lls to ask Yingluck why her party's deputy spokesman is meeting Thaksin for advice if he has nothing to do with running the current government. I suppose if this was asked she would do her usual, smile and walk away.

It would be interesting to know who pays for all these trips to meet Thaksin. Surely not the Thai tax payers.

I wonder if anyone at customs will have enough balls to inspect his luggage....

Isn't there a law anywhere in this country that makes it a felony to aid and abet or associate with a convicted criminal on the run???

If they requested to inspect his luggage they would get an ear slap.

Even if there is such a law you have to remember this is a PTP person and they consider themselves above the law.

"Natthawut said he personally wished Thaksin would return home but added it was Thaksin who would make the final decision."

I don't think so! Thaksin will make the final decision? :o

Methinks a few Thai courts and judges will be making that decision, K. Nutterwut!

Thaksin keeps having his little jollies, getting closer and closer to home. But he keeps missing, for some unknown reason.

Mr Thaksin, it makes me smile to know 'a miss is as good as a mile!' giggle.gif

-mel.

Isn't there a law anywhere in this country that makes it a felony to aid and abet or associate with a convicted criminal on the run???

I presume in the interest of fairness if i go back through your post history you will be equally critical of

Sanan

Kachornprasart

,?

If Taksin really is a crook and wasn't just set up ( a very plausible possiblility given all the other crooks in the Thai government), how the heck does his sister get put in charge? Only in the Land of Scams!

I presume in the interest of fairness if i go back through your post history you will be equally critical of

Sanan

Kachornprasart

,?

No problem. The system isn't crooked just on one person's behalf in this country. It swings this way and that depending on the flavour of the government of the day. Until they straighten out the "system" here, there is no way that anyone can believe that ALL judgements ALL of the time are fair and unbiased. This has been a fundamental weakness of the system for ever here, all are equal just some are more equal than others......

As for where the army sit in all of this conundrum, well safe to say, they are just above it all.

Sanan

Kachornprasart

,?

No problem. The system isn't crooked just on one person's behalf in this country. It swings this way and that depending on the flavour of the government of the day. Until they straighten out the "system" here, there is no way that anyone can believe that ALL judgements ALL of the time are fair and unbiased. This has been a fundamental weakness of the system for ever here, all are equal just some are more equal than others......

As for where the army sit in all of this conundrum, well safe to say, they are just above it all.

In essence I feel a lot of what is driving Thaksin, and his determination to come back without any charges regardless of the consequences, all stems down to what he probably feels is injustice. I am sure he knows many many politicians, army generals etc etc who have been undertaking corrupt practices, possibly even with him, but yet he is the only one that has been charged. I am sure this must drive him crazy. In my view it does not matter if you take 10 baht or 100 billion baht, it is all corruption.

The fact as you allude to is those who dish out the sentences etc are no paragons of virtue themselves which was highlighted last year, only to be brushed under the carpet. What hope does the country have when nearly everyone on both sides of the political spectrum are corrupt, and those that are supposed to police it are corrupt to.

I am surprised someone like Abhisit even got as far as he did. I am sure any new potential politician who generally does have the countries best wishes at heart would never get very far as he would threaten all that the majority of politicians cherish.

In essence I feel a lot of what is driving Thaksin, and his determination to come back without any charges regardless of the consequences, all stems down to what he probably feels is injustice. I am sure he knows many many politicians, army generals etc etc who have been undertaking corrupt practices, possibly even with him, but yet he is the only one that has been charged. I am sure this must drive him crazy. In my view it does not matter if you take 10 baht or 100 billion baht, it is all corruption.

The fact as you allude to is those who dish out the sentences etc are no paragons of virtue themselves which was highlighted last year, only to be brushed under the carpet. What hope does the country have when nearly everyone on both sides of the political spectrum are corrupt, and those that are supposed to police it are corrupt to.

I am surprised someone like Abhisit even got as far as he did. I am sure any new potential politician who generally does have the countries best wishes at heart would never get very far as he would threaten all that the majority of politicians cherish.

What you say about corruption being widespread and Thaksin being somewhat singled out, is true, but i do think that people who take on the top job in Thailand, have to accept that when they do so, they will be under greater scrutiny than others, and their corrupt deeds, should they decide to commit them, will get greater exposure.

• Like 2

Sanan

Kachornprasart

,?

Well that role was set up for Abhisit 20 years ago. But yes, it must be eating Thaksin up that he is the one to get it whilst all the others appear to be able to get away with it. That said, he broke the primary rule of Chinese business here, put up with the rules and don't sell to foreigners, and the system will protect you in return.

Add in the fact that it was over a few rai in Rachada, and it must grate even more. It is a hornets nest in parliament, and to be honest, they don't even have to be talking to know they are lying. They are all bent or have conflicts of interest.

Thailand might be choke-full of corrupt politicians but only one of them travels the world preaching his absolute innocence, others know when to shut up.

Indeed laying low is the normal way of evading justice here - just slip off to another country and wait for memories to fade. Usually doesn't take too long. Had Thaksin taken this approach, i predict he would have been be back in Thailand by now and living a pretty comfortable life.

Just because others do corruption, is not excuse to let the big fish do bigger corruption.

If ANYONE gets caught and prosecuted they took the same risk as anyone else of getting caught and prosecuted.

Don't do the crime of you can't do the time.

The bigger the crime the more they will try to take you down for it.

And if you compound one crime with many others that ups the ante considerably.

The 'others do it so let me too' argument

is just so much faux logic and real selfeserving smoke and mirrors.

If Taksin really is a crook and wasn't just set up ( a very plausible possiblility given all the other crooks in the Thai government), how the heck does his sister get put in charge? Only in the Land of Scams!

I don't believe his sister is in charge. If she was, he wouldn't be flying to Hong Kong to meet with Thaksin, he would be asking her for her advice. Wouldn't you think that PM Yingluck should be losing lot's of face when the people she's supposedly is in charge of, going running to big brother every time they need a decision about this or that?

the obligatory "it's not about Thaksin" preemptively entered

Nice to see that Mickey Mouse attended the press conference too. rolleyes.gif

Who was working Mickey Mouse?

She was down on her knees out of sight. Na ka.

I think Disney should sue BIG TIME.

Mickey Mouse has been entertaining the world for over 80 years..post-9891-0-30700200-1331720387.jpg

This lot has been entertaining the world for 8 months.

Nice to see that Mickey Mouse attended the press conference too. rolleyes.gif

Who was working Mickey Mouse?

She was down on her knees out of sight. Na ka.

I think Disney should sue BIG TIME.

Not gonna happen, these fantasy lands usually operate together - thick as thieves. rolleyes.gif