Certificate Of Residence

petewan

Hi . I bought a new car in June 2011 and am still on red plates. The car sales asked me for copies of my passport ,Visa, Driving licence, and lease papers on the house. Now they want a copy of Certificate of residence which i dont have. Enybody know where i get one and any cost involved. I live in Takhiantia Banglamung , pattaya .Thanks for any guidence.. Pete..

Since you are in Pattaya, you can get one at Jomtien Immigration for 200 THB. Fill out the form, provide additional proof of residence location (utility bill, lease, etc.), copies of your passport face page, visa or extension of stay, entry stamp

The form you need is here:

Since you are in Pattaya, you can get one at Jomtien Immigration for 200 THB. Fill out the form, provide additional proof of residence location (utility bill, lease, etc.), copies of your passport face page, visa or extension of stay, entry stamp

http://www.thaivisa....te-in-thailand/

You'll also need a current 4cm x 6cm photo.

However if you have a 'yellow' tambien baan (house book). It's not necessary. The yellow tambien baan is your certificate of residence.

Edited by BB1950

300 baht if you need it the same day.

200 Baht even for same day pickup. Just did mine last Tuesday (needed for driving license renewal) got at Immigration at 10am and had to pay 200 Baht. Had to come back at 1pm (the same day) to pick it up.

Just a quick question, I have to renew a 5 year license this year. I stay in my mates condo, all utility bills are in his name. Would my previous 5 year license with the same condo address be sufficient? Thanks.

Thanks to the OP! I finally am getting off my A** and getting a drivers license. Went to immigration at 11am today and it was 400B for car and scooter. Pickup on Monday...and they asked for 3 photos!

Next week...a fun trip to actually get the DL. mellow.png

Thanks to the OP! I finally am getting off my A** and getting a drivers license. Went to immigration at 11am today and it was 400B for car and scooter. Pickup on Monday...and they asked for 3 photos!

GFY !!!!!! clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif It's not really that hard and good luck with the funny driving tests.

BTW, GFY does not mean Go F^%&$ Yourself. It meant Good For You haha

GFY !!!!!! clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif It's not really that hard and good luck with the funny driving tests.

BTW, GFY does not mean Go F^%&$ Yourself. It meant Good For You haha

Thanks....I figured out GFY! Yes, next week will be interesting. Hopefully, not too painful!

Just a reminder,

Make sure you have all of the necessary items. You will also need two copies (one for each license) of each item including your passports main page, your visa, arrival/departure card, and the immigration stamp you received upon entering the country. You can make copies outside the Land Transport Office.

Here’s the check list again:

1) An affidavit of residence certificate from your Embassy, Consulate or from the Immigration Office.

2) Your Passport with valid Visa, arrival card, and entry stamp.

3) Medical Certificate (physical) no more than a month old.

4) A valid drivers license from your home country

5) An explanation of the class listed on your license

Note: Sometimes items 3 through 5 are required and sometimes not.

Edited by BB1950

Just a reminder,

Make sure you have all of the necessary items. You will also need two copies (one for each license) of each item including your passports main page, your visa, arrival/departure card, and the immigration stamp you received upon entering the country. You can make copies outside the Land Transport Office.

1) An affidavit of residence certificate from your Embassy, Consulate or from the Immigration Office.

I guess I'll have to print something from Nevada for #5. But better safe than sorry!

Medical exam is Monday. Trip to land office is Tuesday!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

UPDATE 2 May 2012

Went to Jomtien Immigration today for Residence Certificate to renew 5 years license

They now want 3 ( three ) passport sized photos and the fee has now gone up to 400 THB (no receipt issued), was not given the option to pick it up today, even though I was there at 10 AM, will pick it up tomorrow and give them the additional passport sized photo

They returned 2nd set of copies of form, passport page, Immigration stamp, arrival / departure card, and utility bills

But like all things here in Thailand your mileage may very (maybe they didn't want the copies because I had them blink.png )

Make sure you stop at the desk at the entrance and get a queue number for "Residency Certificate" and watch for your number to come up at Office 7 in the right rear, behind Desk 8

200 Baht even for same day pickup. Just did mine last Tuesday (needed for driving license renewal) got at Immigration at 10am and had to pay 200 Baht. Had to come back at 1pm (the same day) to pick it up.

That's not my expereience last month. I paid 300 baht to pick it up the same day plus I gave her a 500 baht note to pay for it at 8:30 in the morning. As usual I got no change then and when I picked it up later and she claimed I paid with 3 - 100 baht bills (which I did not have). So my residency permit cost me 500 baht - I love Thai immigration!!! whistling.gif

Just a reminder,

I have a valid drivers license but not from my home country. Will they accept that?

I will report back later today after I pick up the certificate, I am thinking that maybe it was 400 THB because I may be getting two certificates, one for car license renewal and one for motorcycle renewal

I got two certificates a couple of weeks ago. It is 200B per certificate and they were issued the same day.

Residence certificates seem to be one of the least transparent parts of Jomtien immigration office.

Receipts never seem to be issued and I know one person who went there with his application form, paid 200B and came away with the same application form with a stamp on it, but no residence certificate. He was nonplussed when this was rejected by the driving license people.

I dont think the licence has to be from your home country.

Also I dont think that you need (5) if the licence you take is in English and describes the class (as a UK licence does).

People with licences that are not in English seem to need a proper international driving permit which will include a translation into English of the classes etc,

I took a UK licence and it was all very simple, with only the basic reflex/vision tests required.

As with most official things here, the requirements probably do depend on the weather, day of the week, state of mind of the official, what he had for lunch etc.

I will report back later today after I pick up the certificate, I am thinking that maybe it was 400 THB because I may be getting two certificates, one for car license renewal and one for motorcycle renewal

I got two certificates a couple of weeks ago. It is 200B per certificate and they were issued the same day.

Residence certificates seem to be one of the least transparent parts of Jomtien immigration office.

Receipts never seem to be issued and I know one person who went there with his application form, paid 200B and came away with the same application form with a stamp on it, but no residence certificate. He was nonplussed when this was rejected by the driving license people.

Darrel is correct, when I picked up the Residence Certificate yesterday there were two of them I guess one is for car license and the other is for motorcycle (also the reason for the third photo, one for their files)

Even though the TG called Bamlamung LTO and they told her that a Medical Certificate was not required for license renewal I splurged for 80 Baht and got one just in case

when I picked up the Residence Certificate yesterday there were two of them I guess one is for car license and the other is for motorcycle (also the reason for the third photo, one for their files)

Does anyone know what reason is behind the need to have two licences rather than one that covers both types of vehicle (a system that seems to be applied in most other countries)?

Even though the TG called Bamlamung LTO and they told her that a Medical Certificate was not required for license renewal I splurged for 80 Baht and got one just in case

I took a medical certificate (100B sad.png ) which was duly photocopied and inspected. Someone I was talking to paid 200B for his.

Someone else didnt have one and was told to go and get one before applying. So I would say it's well worth taking one, though all of these were for new licences not renewals.

If you are at the DLT in Pattaya to do two or more acts/activities at the same time/on the same day-- get both a car and a motorcycle license or buy/sell a vehicle and get a licence, they will accept one original and copies of the same document for others. So, you need only ONE Residence Certificate to obtain both a car amd motorcycle license if done at the same time. The Residence Certificate is B200 at the Immigration office in Jomtien. The same is true for the medical certificate -- one original and one copy are acceptable. They will make you take the written test twice, once for each license (same test, except for a random change to a few questions), but the color blindness test and the reaction test are only taken once for both licenses. Some day they will figure out that taking the written test twice doesn't make a lot of sense, but it hasn't happened yet. Obviously, if you need to take the driving tests to get your new license, you will need to take a driving test for each vehilce.

Worth pointing out that if you are getting a 1-year Thai licence based on having a foreign licence (in English or with an IDP) then you dont need to take any tests apart from the most basic vision/reflex ones.

• Like 1

I got my licenses in Rayong with my US drivers license, IDP, medical certificate, and certificate of residency and did not have to take any written or driving tests. I only took the vision and reaction tests.

If you are at the DLT in Pattaya to do two or more acts/activities at the same time/on the same day-- get both a car and a motorcycle license or buy/sell a vehicle and get a licence, they will accept one original and copies of the same document for others. So, you need only ONE Residence Certificate to obtain both a car amd motorcycle license if done at the same time. The Residence Certificate is B200 at the Immigration office in Jomtien. The same is true for the medical certificate -- one original and one copy are acceptable. They will make you take the written test twice, once for each license (same test, except for a random change to a few questions), but the color blindness test and the reaction test are only taken once for both licenses. Some day they will figure out that taking the written test twice doesn't make a lot of sense, but it hasn't happened yet. Obviously, if you need to take the driving tests to get your new license, you will need to take a driving test for each vehilce.

I am due to renew both my car and motorbike license which i intend to do on the same day and had wondered why i should need two residence certificates and the only reason i could think of was because it would enable immigration to make a few extra baht out of me, so i am glad that you are confirming that in fact one certificate is enough. Thanks