British Man, Wife Murdered In Thai Resort

webfact

Which resort and what sort of security do they have in place? sad.png

i doubt it, i've been to a few beach 'resorts' south of HH and they are just beach bungalows, mostly for Thai weekenders

i always felt completely safe around that area, just goes to show ya!

Was it in Hua Hin?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A post containing links to another forum has been removed:

10) Not to post commercial spam or to post any promotional links, URLs or addresses to a member's own business or that would lead people to your site. Not to post URL links to other forums . Not to flood, post commercial or for-profit advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and similar solicitations. Any member who violates this prohibition will be banned from all forums on this website.Advertisers are the only members allowed to post links, URL's or addresses to their sites.

Does anybody know the name of the resort? I am getting married in Prachuap Khiri Khan in May, and frankly, will want to avoid this hotel.

Terrible, terrible tragedy. How can humans do this to humans?

British Man and his Thai Wife murdered at Jack Beach Resort

Police on Wednesday detained three Thai men for robbing and murdering Mr Michael Raymond, 68 and his wife of two years Suchada Baokhamdee, 52, at the Jack Beach Resort. The detained three told police that they robbed the couple of Baht 2,000, a mobile phone and an ATM card.

Mr Raymond had lived in Khon Kaen for about two years since marrying Ms Suchada Baokhamdee.

Very sad, how somebody can come to do that to the elderly is beyond me.RIP.

Hmm, so if the victims were younger it would somehow be less atrocious?

I don't think that's what he meant, and neither do you. This would be an atrocious murder no matter who it happened to, but the thought of it happening to a defenceless elderly couple is particularly nasty.

Agreed

The word ''coward'' must be applied to the perpetrators.

Dirty , filthy little COWARDS !!!!!!!!

This is just terrible for these poor elder couple who were trying to enjoy their retirement together and have a nice quiet romantic beach front vacation from their home in the North. Then to have their lives taken from 3 cowards for $22.00 each? I hope that they are punished to the highest degree when convicted and to show the world that Thailand will NOT put up with this kind of treatment to tourists. I also feel that Thailand just lost a lost of people who were deciding weather or not to retire in Thailand.

Does Thailand still have the deal penalty?

RIP and condolences.

Same as Sydney. The crime rate has gone up immensely. I blame drugs, gambling and violent TV and movies

'No suggestion that drugs or gambling are involved here. So, as long as we're speculating, I more tend to blame the "entitlement mentality" and the resentment and envy it generates. Inevitably, these sentiments turn violent and go looking for targets with pockets. Thailand hasn't proven itself in any way immune from this global trend, but it takes a professional and committed police force to combat it effectively. RIP to this elder couple.

I sometimes get the feeling they don't want Falangs here at all.

Most Thai's are good hearted and friendly people, but there is a small % that intensely hate farangs, know that behind the smile there may be a sinister person with a hidden agenda while others will express this hatred openly most do not.

from The Dailyrecord UK web site: Police Major General Wichean Tantawiriya said the couple, who are reported to have lived in the far north-east of Thailand after marrying two years ago, had checked in to the hotel a day before they were killed.

He said two of the three suspects were addicted to methamphetamine, a stimulant, and needed money to buy drugs.

Edited by Rainmon

Got to say I am thinking about having a hand gun in the house, only I don't like to as I have two small kids who might get hold of it. And before you say lock it away, how long do you think it would take to find the keys.

Two words - Gun Safe...

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

Gun safes are available these days with biometric (fingerscan) technology as well as pushbutton combo locks. Open it with a finger swipe OR a key (or combo...). (In fact, I saw one depicted in use on "NCIS" just the other night.

• Like 1

Most Thai's are good hearted and friendly people, but there is a small % that intensely hate farangs, know that behind the smile there may be a sinister person with a hidden agenda while others will express this hatred openly most do not.

from The Dailyrecord UK web site: Police Major General Wichean Tantawiriya said the couple, who are reported to have lived in the far north-east of Thailand after marrying two years ago, had checked in to the hotel a day before they were killed.

He said two of the three suspects were addicted to methamphetamine, a stimulant, and needed money to buy drugs.

I DO stand corrected.

Hmmm, we may all be assuming he was a small feeble guy, what if he was a strong sturdy 68 year old? (there are many around), started beating the shit out of them and they resorted to picking up things and using them on him? once again,let's wait and see...

Sounds plausible. Husband and wife probably both resisted and met a horrible ending.

My son was forced by 3 Thai men riding along side him one night on motorbikes to stop on his motor bike after he was whacked 3 times with a big chunk of wood. When stationery they threw the keys into the dark, threatened him with the weapon and demanded money. Rather than argue, he pleaded that they all go to ATM. After 5 minutes or so they left him and rode away. My son said he was drunk at the time and thought about arguing or running but didn't. Luckily he appeared to co-operate and was eventually left alone. Crime for money against foreigners in Thailand is now a daily occurrence. The land of smiles has gone to hell. It's only amazing now if you're Thai. Violent robbery against foreigners here has reached epidemic levels.

RIP victims. I am a Lao American that comes to Asia twice a year and through

Bangkok. I know its dangerous, thats why I always watch my back, stay at very reputable places, and pay the premium for my security. I take no chances. Perhaps it might be safer in Laos.

Sorry, a bit off topic, but - you've met people 'who express their hatred openly'?! ohmy.png

Extremely ferocious and futile crime. Sadly violence is growing in Thailand, year by year sad.png

RIP for the poor victims

Check statistics - Thailand has almost twice the number of gun deaths that the US has. As little as 30 years ago, Thai Executions were public and were often firing squad or machine gun - Violence has been a fact of life here for a very long time.

Craving for hard drugs while in a semi-blackout from hard liquor and in a company of people of the same cloth is bad business. Even donkeys would realize that its dumb for three sole employees of a remote motel to murder its only guests, one of whom is a foreign tourist, pretend that some random maniac did it, and not expect to be the prime suspects. If crime is up because of violent tv programming, how come these beasts are not getting any smarter, as the criminals on tv shows are.

Meth is not just a problem for the addict, its a problem for society as a whole. Look at what people are driven to for it!

My heart goes out to the couple's relatives and love ones. THIS IS A HORRIBLE TRAGEDY!

While I don't like the excesses of the "War on Drugs", I think that moniker is simply wrong. Drug addiction is a societal & mental health problem, I wish there was some strategy to prevent atrocities like this one. Its simply awful what they did. Reminds me of "In Cold Blood" by Truman Capote.

They were in the wrong place at the wrong time.This can happen anywhere.Unfortunately its happening more often in Thailand than previously.It cannot be completely avoided and we all will have to take our chances.We all get older and become easier targets.

• Like 1

The area where the alleged crime took place is quite close to the border with Burma, roughly 30km and sounds like a criminal act perpetrated by some desperate person/s. That fact that a Thai was also a victim is a bit odd.

Watch this space.

Are you for real or first time here?

Thai's are killing each other by the dozen daily, you just don't get to read about it.

Just look where they are on gun related deaths, only behind Mexico and South Africa and they're not shooting foreigners!!.The arrested people are all Thai.

What's being 30 kms from the Burmese border got to do with anything?

You probably haven't been to Burma or know anything about its people either!

And do tell what Thai seaside resort is 30 kilometers from Burma??

Jack beach resort where the alleged crime occurred is roughly 30-40 km as the crow flies from the Burmese border.

The area where the alleged crime took place is quite close to the border with Burma, roughly 30km and sounds like a criminal act perpetrated by some desperate person/s. That fact that a Thai was also a victim is a bit odd.

Watch this space.

Odd that a Thai is a victim? Most crime in this country is Thai on Thai and the biggest victim group of violent crime is the Thai with next to nothing. Criminals like this look for an easy victim.

Watch this space.

Odd that a Thai is a victim? Most crime in this country is Thai on Thai and the biggest victim group of violent crime is the Thai with next to nothing. Criminals like this look for an easy victim.

They did, an oldish farang.

I don´t think that it´s fair to blame Jack Beach Resort for the incident, as this could easily have happened in any other resort in Thailand.

R.I.P.

@Xonax I disagree with you on this. This only happens when staff don't care. I have been in a guesthouse and while talking to the receptioniste I saw

they kept a notice on who was coming and going. I asked how do you do that and they replied they recognized the shoes of all their guests !

Ok, it was a small guesthoust, only 20 rooms, still I believe with the good staff this kind of accidents cannot happen.

Edited by leogerritsen

THis is terribly sad.

but it isn't helped by those who start crying and moaning about "crime on the increase" "it's getting worse" - these are ridiculous conclusions to draw from this incident.

I don't think it's crying and moaning it's stating the facts,perhaps if you reside in Thailand full time you are more akin to seeing this type of headline on a daily basis and are hardened to it,some like myself who split my time between here and the UK don't always follow the day to day news items when back working in the UK,all I can say from my recent personal experience of the last 3 months being present in Thailand is that I am now more aware of the daily Farang deaths,accidents,stabbings muggings,child abuse and general crime.

cowslip,

People are not coming to any conclusion over this one incident. Events like these are in the news multiple times a week.

That's great,...just what I wanted to hear about this country that I visited long ago, then came back to visit on several more occassions in later years, then decided I might be able to retire here and escape Bush & co.

And I was actually getting ready to visit this very area about a month ago, and look for a 'seaside' escape from northern Thailand for portions of the year,..... and I wanted to avoid the farang tourist areas.

Sure has me second guessing,....

Extremely sad - and such a peaceful part of Thailand a little way down from HH with lovely quiet beaches and small resorts I guess. The Thai police need to accelerate this one and get it solved quickly as it will damage their image. Unforunately as the Thai economy like the UK economy continues to suffer an economic drop with less jobs etc., we are seeing more robbery-like crimes. Civilised societies which are more equal and have welfare will see less crime but gross inequality breeds despair, hopelessness and violent robbery.

Agreed

I know that resort well. Own some land in the area and like stopping by on occasion. This shocking incident won't put me off it, but it is so very sad.

Really?? I had a good friend ask me where his wife and college age daughter might visit in Thailand upon their first visit. Of course I did not suggest Phuket, nor Pattaya. But this little seaside area held some attraction for something that was close to Bangkok, and might provide a more 'traditional Thai' atmosphere from what I had read on another forum.

<Snip>

What if I had gone ahead and recommended it, and then this occurs !!....all over some robbery motive. Sad state of affairs.

Edited by metisdead
Not to post URL links to other forums