Biggest Kawasaki Big Bike Shoroom

TylerBKK

I am a bit confused where is the biggest Kawasaki big bike showroom in Bangkok? It seems there is/was one on Rama 9, but the web site (kawasakibigbike.com) is no longer online and not sure how to contact them. Then it seems there is another big bike showroom somewhere on Ramkamhaeng Road Soi 141 or somewhere around there. So where is the best place to see the big Kawasaki bikes on display in Bangkok?

Also, I was surprised to find out the Ninja 650 is only available in black and green in Thailand. I like the red color, but seems red is only being made for export I heard. I also heard there is a 2 month waiting list for the 2012 Ninja 650. Didn't realize demand was so high for them or is it just the factory production is so slow?

On Rama 9 there is a smallish showroom but they don't sell bikes - they will direct you (for BKK) to either Motoaholic or Real Motorsport (both have websites). Real Moto is on Ramkamheang Soi 146 and it's where I got my bike from. Best to call them first to see what they have currently in the showroom (if you need to see) and also they have demo bikes, but again, best to check first.

When I was there two weeks ago, they were talking about 2-3 months, and had two reasons - demand and a bit of a back-log due to the floods.

i enquired about a new versys and was told 3-4 months i would probably recieve it

is honda and kawasaki like this in other countries ? can they not make a few more of them

to satisfy the demand or is it a business strategy to stay exclusive ? :)

Thanks. I had talked to Real Moto on the phone I guess. They also had told me prices were 265,000 for the fairing version and 250,000 for the naked version. The guy also mentioned the wait for a naked version was even longer. Something like 4 months. Knowing how the course of things can go here I would expect the actual wait times might end up being be longer than indicated.

I am not sure the delay is based on demand or trying to create more perceived demand by making people wait. I simply think it could be the opposite. The smaller bikes get manufacturing line priority since they sell a lot more.

Also, I wouldn't buy into the flood excuse for delays. When I bought my CBR250R last November it was during the flood period and they said at the time new shipments would be delayed until January. So being mid March now I doubt there is still a flood backlog.

But who really knows what the deal is with Kawasaki. Maybe they just have poor factory line efficiency.

Meanwhile I might have a peek down at the Pattaya dealer and see what they are charging down there. When I bought my CBR down there it was 25,000 Baht cheaper than Bangkok. That is a considerable savings. Enough of a reason to buy one down there. I remember the sticker price of the naked ER-6N being 245,000 Baht last year. Maybe you could have got it for 240,000. So it seems like Bangkok prices might be 10,000 to 15,000 higher than Pattaya on average for Kawasaki and more in the case of Honda.

Anyway, the Bangkok Motor Show is only 2 weeks away. It will be interesting to see what there is to see and hear about all the bikes then.

Thanks. I had talked to Real Moto on the phone I guess. They also had told me prices were 265,000 for the fairing version and 250,000 for the naked version. The guy also mentioned the wait for a naked version was even longer. Something like 4 months. Knowing how the course of things can go here I would expect the actual wait times might end up being be longer than indicated.

I am not sure the delay is based on demand or trying to create more perceived demand by making people wait. I simply think it could be the opposite. The smaller bikes get manufacturing line priority since they sell a lot more.

Also, I wouldn't buy into the flood excuse for delays. When I bought my CBR250R last November it was during the flood period and they said at the time new shipments would be delayed until January. So being mid March now I doubt there is still a flood backlog.

But who really knows what the deal is with Kawasaki. Maybe they just have poor factory line efficiency.

Meanwhile I might have a peek down at the Pattaya dealer and see what they are charging down there. When I bought my CBR down there it was 25,000 Baht cheaper than Bangkok. That is a considerable savings. Enough of a reason to buy one down there. I remember the sticker price of the naked ER-6N being 245,000 Baht last year. Maybe you could have got it for 240,000. So it seems like Bangkok prices might be 10,000 to 15,000 higher than Pattaya on average for Kawasaki and more in the case of Honda.

Anyway, the Bangkok Motor Show is only 2 weeks away. It will be interesting to see what there is to see and hear about all the bikes then.

In the case of the Kawasaki the prices you were quoted were correct. you won't be getting any discount although you'll probably get a free coffee. In Pattaya an ER6n is 250,000 Baht. I looked in December and the waiting list was a couple of months. I decided to go for a Ducati M795 instead, wait 4 months and no free coffeecoffee1.gif .

You can buy a Versys today in Chiang Mai, so

i enquired about a new versys and was told 3-4 months i would probably recieve it

The dealer in CM always has one or two Versys in the showroom - must be a BKK dealer specific issue.

You can buy a Versys today in Chiang Mai, so

The dealer in CM always has one or two Versys in the showroom - must be a BKK dealer specific issue.

Do you know what prices Versys is going for in CM I was told they are 280,000. thanks K.

250k, 265k, and 285k for ER-6n, ER-6F, and Versys

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/staticpages/index.php/Kawasaki_Motorcycle_Price_List

The prices are set by Kawasaki so all dealers have the same price. All the 650s have ABS.

Whether or not they throw in freebies like helmets and so on - I guess that's up to them, and depends on demand. I got a free Kawasaki (Real) helmet with my D-Tracker a few years ago. Nothing for the ER-6n 09. And nothing for the Versys in 2010...

http://www.motorcycl...ycle_Price_List

The prices are set by Kawasaki so all dealers have the same price. All the 650s have ABS.

Whether or not they throw in freebies like helmets and so on - I guess that's up to them, and depends on demand. I got a free Kawasaki (Real) helmet with my D-Tracker a few years ago. Nothing for the ER-6n 09. And nothing for the Versys in 2010...

Cheers for that, I'm going nacker swan dealer to see what they do, so CM is an option thanks.

Just out of curiosity has anyone compared the prices of these bikes in Thailand against the US and the UK? I assume the US will be cheaper than Thailand whereas the UK will either be the same price as Thailand or a bit more.

Just out of curiosity has anyone compared the prices of these bikes in Thailand against the US and the UK? I assume the US will be cheaper than Thailand whereas the UK will either be the same price as Thailand or a bit more.

Doing the maths on a Versy without ABS. in UK @ £6550 @ 47 bht to £ = say 308,000 bht. ( £350 extra for ABS ).

. " a Versy with ABS in Thailand @ 285,000 bht @ 47 to £ = say £6065.

The money I have for my bike got it over when it was 72 to £, so me happy with paying. £3,960. rolleyes.gif

http://www.seastarsuperbikes.co.uk/kawasakimodels07.html#ModelRange

On Rama 9 there is a smallish showroom but they don't sell bikes - they will direct you (for BKK) to either Motoaholic or Real Motorsport (both have websites). Real Moto is on Ramkamheang Soi 146 and it's where I got my bike from. Best to call them first to see what they have currently in the showroom (if you need to see) and also they have demo bikes, but again, best to check first.

When I was there two weeks ago, they were talking about 2-3 months, and had two reasons - demand and a bit of a back-log due to the floods.

why does it take 3-4 months to order a kawasaki versys or er6n ? should they not be snapping the money out of peoples hands ?

friends of mine are off considering red baron imports + buying other vehicles from ducati etc

i have spoken to a few people who would like a new one but dont like to play the waiting game and i might get another myself

if i can drive it out the door when im paying

are they still knackered after the floods or is this some kind of staggered sales tactics to create a bigger demand ?

1. The website is http://www.kawasaki.co.th/th/home.asp

2. Kawasaki bikes are not ONLY for the Thai market! Remember that. I ordered my V on Feb 5 and getting the bike in a few days (~ less than 2 months). I found that to be a decent average timeframe.

3. Buy a car and the wait will be similar more-less. Sometimes even much more although car manufacturing lines are way more advanced technologically.

4. Versys in Bkk = 285.000 Baht but certainly the same price elsewhere in Thailand since it's K who fixes the prices, not the dealer.

5. Seems all K's 650 are ABS here. They don't seem to sell the Non-ABS versions in Thailand.

6. Be patient! 2 months is really nothing.

• Like 1

The recent Bangkok International Bike Show generated huge sales for RealMotosport. I was told 60 odd units for the ER6 and Ninja 650 alone, so that in its self will account for most of the delays, the floods have absolutely no impact on orders placed this year.

There has also been heavy marketing for the RealMotorsport's shop and bikes in magazines, at events and on T.V business is booming and bikes are pouring out of their doors. The Factory in Rayong not only has to produce Thailand's bikes (60 plus units for one dealer at one show last month) but the rest of the world too. Delays for such a popular bike are to be expected.

I was in on the news of the 3rd generation ER6 & Ninja 650's mid 2011 and placed my order 4 months before the bike was released, Realmotorsport didn't even know the colours available, prices, when the bike would arrive or if it was even more than a rumour? Suffice to say I got mine December 21st 2011 (que number 3) with such a demand for these bikes there is no reason for a dealer to offer free accessories, why give things away when the next customer who walks in will happily pay for the bike and consider his/her self lucky to get one.

It's a great bike for the money and well worth the wait, the sooner you place your order then sooner..... You know :)

Cheers for that, I'm going nacker swan dealer to see what they do, so CM is an option thanks.

4 months WAITING in N S

4 months WAITING in N S

exact same as i was told in bkk ,4 months isnt that long if you have a good bike already ,but if youre bikeless it would feel like forever !

4 months WAITING in N S

exact same as i was told in bkk ,4 months isnt that long if you have a good bike already ,but if youre bikeless it would feel like forever !

Yep !! but I've still got my Blade laugh.png and I watch Tony's posted riding video's with my full face helment on.crazy.gif

• Like 1

2. Kawasaki bikes are not ONLY for the Thai market! Remember that. I ordered my V on Feb 5 and getting the bike in a few days (~ less than 2 months). I found that to be a decent average timeframe.

Small correction on point 2: I called the dealer yesterday and since TiT, I was told that K decided to lower the V quota for the dealer. The dealer knew it since mid-March but didn't bother to call me whistling.gif! Anyways, I'm now on queue 2 and I should receive the bike my mid April... I guess this will be my Thai new year gift!!

Edited by Polanskiman

Small correction on point 2: I called the dealer yesterday and since TiT, I was told that K decided to lower the V quota for the dealer. The dealer knew it since mid-March but didn't bother to call me whistling.gif! Anyways, I'm now on queue 2 and I should receive the bike my mid April... I guess this will be my Thai new year gift!!

hopefully production will catch up with demand and these long waiting times will disappear ,it takes 3-4 weeks to order a z1000 from japan and 3-4 months to order an er6n or a versys from rayong to bankkok :D

hopefully production will catch up with demand and these long waiting times will disappear ,it takes 3-4 weeks to order a z1000 from japan and 3-4 months to order an er6n or a versys from rayong to bankkok biggrin.png

Not likely... just got to talk to the dealer again... V arriving on April 25... SURE SURE violin.gifNot sure how many times I got the "SURE SURE" up to now... Nearing the 3 months you mentioned !! Amen!

Edited by Polanskiman

hopefully production will catch up with demand and these long waiting times will disappear ,it takes 3-4 weeks to order a z1000 from japan and 3-4 months to order an er6n or a versys from rayong to bankkok biggrin.png

Not likely... just got to talk to the dealer again... V arriving on April 25... SURE SURE violin.gifNot sure how many times I got the "SURE SURE" up to now... Nearing the 3 months you mentioned !! Amen!

The day after I wrote the above message I got a call from the K dealer saying that they had my bike. They apologized (in the name of K) saying that K had screwed March quotas and reduced them by half. Since they kept changing dates, they supposedly used their VIP quota to get my bike!! Note sure how should I feel about this, but the funny thing is that it took them less than 24 hours to get the bike...or perhaps they screwed the guy in front of my queue intheclub.gif

i just called in to rama 9 this morning to have a look ,the new versys is in such short supply ,they ont even have one in the showroom :D

there is a 5 month waiting list on er6n's now

but the brighter news for me

the waiting list on the versys has dropped to

2 months

the new ninja 650dosnt seem to be in as short supply as the others and can get one in maybe undr 2 months

didnt ask about dtrackers or ninja 250s but they had a few sitting around

Had a similar experience myself.

I was told the 19th of December for my 2012 Ninja 650, i was even shown the delivery report on the system that showed 7 Black Ninja 650 and 3 green for that date (i was 3rd in the que)

When i went there on the 19th i was told they only received 2 bikes (both black) and that they were sold to the first two people in the que...... Strange that the 10 bikes they had coming on their screen (on route to their dealership) suddenly fizzled down to just two units (me being 3rd inline!)

I'm thinking that some VIP customers nabbed my bike, i was pretty pi55ed off due to placing my deposit 4 months before the bike was even released. Finally got my bike 4 days later on December the 23rd after walking into their shop late at night and saw two green 650's sitting at the back of their shop, i was swiftly told that they were about to phone me............ really, were you? 30 mins before your shop closes! Grrrrrrr

Had a similar experience myself.

I was told the 19th of December for my 2012 Ninja 650, i was even shown the delivery report on the system that showed 7 Black Ninja 650 and 3 green for that date (i was 3rd in the que)

When i went there on the 19th i was told they only received 2 bikes (both black) and that they were sold to the first two people in the que...... Strange that the 10 bikes they had coming on their screen (on route to their dealership) suddenly fizzled down to just two units (me being 3rd inline!)

I'm thinking that some VIP customers nabbed my bike, i was pretty pi55ed off due to placing my deposit 4 months before the bike was even released. Finally got my bike 4 days later on December the 23rd after walking into their shop late at night and saw two green 650's sitting at the back of their shop, i was swiftly told that they were about to phone me............ really, were you? 30 mins before your shop closes! Grrrrrrr

Hehe...just hopping I didn't nab anyones bike. I wouldn't like that idea. But your experience tends to show that they do have their privileged customers. Sad, but this is so common in Thailand, unfortunately! Personally I never asked any favors, I simply asked them to be consistent with their commitment or at least to tell me once and for all a delivery date! Seems they got nervous or regretful and immediately solved the situation by giving me the next day the bike !!

Edited by Polanskiman