Poll: Who Will Win American Idol 2012?

Jingthing

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On Sanchez, superb voice but I think there is a little something missing in the believability factor/charisma, emotion-wise with the songs she sings in general. You know, the "total package" thing.

Edited by Jingthing

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sanchez song choice of "Stuttering" about got her voted off until the judges saved her. I suspect she was crushed with the voting results and didn't start to do a good job in her "save me" song for the judjes so the the judges just interruped her to save her- very unusual. I hope she learned that song choice is 50+% of the vote but I am not sure they have a lot of real choice during the show.

The Sanchez song choice of "Stuttering" about got her voted off until the judges saved her. I suspect she was crushed with the voting results and didn't start to do a good job in her "save me" song for the judjes so the the judges just interruped her to save her- very unusual. I hope she learned that song choice is 50+% of the vote but I am not sure they have a lot of real choice during the show.

I thought she did great with Stuttering. The Sanchez boot was indeed a big shocker, but hey, that along with the save drama makes some great television. I actually thought Phillips would have been booted off last week, but I guess it's getting down to voting demographics time. Joshua Ledet is growing on me, and I am started to get bored with Phillips.

OK, this week we lost Colton Dixon. Good choice, I think. I find his personality annoying and his look especially the hair thing nauseating. He clearly got as far as he did just based on sex appeal to teenybopper girl voters. Not saying he doesn't have talent, but he'll never be a big star. Of course most Idol winners don't become BIG stars either.

Dixon's going increases the odds for Phillips. Ledet is amazing. Not a country fan but Laine is certainly great too. Sanchez isn't connecting emotionally, as the judges said. They're all good now but I think Cavanagh will go next. It sounds silly but her weird British accent will probably hurt her in the votes department. The show is AMERICAN Idol. Not weird British accent Idol. She has zero chance of winning.

Of those left, I think there are some real potential big stars no matter who wins. Ledet. Laine. Phillips. Sanchez.

Edited by Jingthing

I think Joshua Ledet is in the lead now but Jessica Sanchez has a chance if she makes better song choices. They are both exceptional talents and should sell a lot of music if they are marketed & managed better.

Country and Western girl Skylar Laine is good but I am not into that so I don't care. Hollie also did well on her last performance but maybe she should compete in Britain's got talent.

I thought Elise Testone would be leaving before Colton Dixon.

They all better make better song choices and no Addell songs. Between, Music Award shows, The Voice and Idol, I have heard enough of Addell.

I see. I basically agree except that I'm feeling P.P. and you're not! I think I do like Ledet best but I started with the P.P. prediction and I'm sticking with it. I don't think Sanchez will make it. I feel she is not capable yet at her age to relate well enough with the audience, stellar voice or not. (Stellar voice.) The country wench could win based on Southern demographics, but I doubt it and I hope not. From her point of view, she can have a country career either way (but who cares)?

Edited by Jingthing

Testone be goin'.

It was obviously going to be between Testone and Cavanagh. In retrospect it is surprising Testone made it this far. The Janis Joplin neo-hippie thing can't be very popular with the young voting demographic and her appeal as a sex symbol is limited. Talented of course, a chance for a career for sure.

Going forward, Laine and Cavanagh are vulnerable. Its hard to imagine a finale without Ledet. Phillips stock is down again, but demographically he still has so much going for him, plus the sympathy vote for health problems.

Edited by Jingthing

To me, its still a Joshua Ledet and Jessica Sanchez race with Joshua in the lead. Jessica is a great performer and may continue to develop into another Beyonce/Whitney Houston/Jennifer Lopez some day. Joshua has the talent and is ready now so he will probably win it.

Phillips may have the demographics to win but doesn't take direction well, yet he has succeeded with the audiences in doing it his way. I don't care for his music- just nothing special to me.

I think Hollie Cavanagh goes next, then Phillips, and then Skylar Laine.

Testone was on Jay Leno last night briefly and she sounded good so she may have a future in the business as some of the others will whether or not they are named American Idol.

I basically agree and my favorite to win and best talent is Joshua Ledet. However, in the real life prediction department, I continue to think Sanchez might be vulnerable. Remember she was already voted off once and saved and Phillips has never been in the bottom three. Lots of girls like that boy!

Joshua Ledet was exceptional last night so he still is in the lead to me. Jessica was better but not enough. She really is a pro as the judges said. Idol or not Jessica will sell records. Cavanaugh improved and gave Skylar a run for the money but both were better. I am thinking Phillips goes next but the girls still scream for him so I don't know...

I have noticed Ledet has managed to shed most of his "churchiness" that I had thought would kill his big time chances if he couldn't. Nothing wrong with churchiness for a gospel singer but he obviously doesn't need to be limited to that.

Yes, Joshua appears to be heavily influenced by gospel music and remarked that he wants to bring a message with his music. Maybe we will hear some refreshingly new lyrics from him but still hear that range, passion and soul that he has in him. But, there's a lot of great music from the past that he can bring back to life.

So, Hollie won out over Skylar and Phillips and Sanchez made it in the top three with Joshua. I didn't much care for Skylar's attack mode trying to sing rock music or the C&W style.

I guess Joshua and Jessica have to learn to dance while they sing and everyone needs to pick the best music. I was surprised Jessica got criticized one week for looking and singing beyond her age and this week she gets criticized for looking too hot and wearing too tight a dress. So, what's she supposed to be- Grandma or teenager that she is?

Of course it's not Jessica Sanchez's fault that her great talents don't match her appearance and age and she will grow up and out of that issue, but right now this being a contest, she is vulnerable. Phillips probably deserved to go this time and as usual, he is Teflon. My original thought was he was going to grow differently and surprise the audience with yet unseen talents. He still has time, but doubtful. He is what he is and it is predictable. He has gotten more so what he originally was.

The comment Ledet said about doing songs with a message might indeed hurt his voting if viewers take that as a hint that he wants to be some kind of niche Christian singer. I missed that when he said it, but perhaps that's an ambiguous subtext. That kind of stance doesn't win the prize at American Idol.

Of course the obvious money is that next week, it's the Brit-Texan's time to go.

Edited by Jingthing

According to the international betting results on the Intrade Futures site, Phillips will win with Jessica the runner-up.

This site has a very high accuracy record in several different genres, but can change quickly if unexpected events occur. It has predicted all recent U.S. political elections with 100% accuracy.

http://intrade.com/v.../?eventId=91456

Edited by SurfRider

According to the international betting results on the Intrade Futures site, Phillips will win with Jessica the runner-up.

This site has a very high accuracy record in several different genres, but can change quickly if unexpected events occur. It has predicted all recent U.S. political elections with 100% accuracy.

That's interesting especially for me as I predicted Phillips early because I both liked him the best AND thought he would win. Now I definitely like Ledet the best. I still see how Phillips can win but if he does, its probably not because he's the best singer. Edited by Jingthing

Cool, I have never heard of this site before. Looks interesting and I will be digging through it today.

I think its Ledet's to lose and trying something like an evangelical song now would do him in, but I am not sure what he meant by message. Just a turn away from some offensive music would be message enough. He certainly has the talent to win it as does Jessica with the right song choice (and apparently dress, dance and mannerisms too).

Yep, Hollie should go. Joshua almost did himself in with his first tune but was fantastic with Its a Man's World. Jessica sounded great to me too and Phillip better but no cigar.

That's interesting because going into the final three, they all seem almost even odds to me now.

I still think Ledet is the greatest talent but he is showing his churchiness too much again so that balances out the idea of actually winning on merit. Perish the thought.

Edited by Jingthing

OK, Joshua Ledet goes. I still think they were about equal so he isn't exactly a loser.

For the finale, I do get why Phillips is favored. Well in addition to the obvious demographic thing, females from the south voting for a total hottie. His flavor is more unique, something new. If you heard him on the radio, you'd know it was him (assuming he goes commercial). Jessica Sanchez is excellent but I think not a very new flavor. I can imagine hearing her on the radio and thinking great voice without thinking the branding.

Edited by Jingthing