Chalerm Wants Drug Runners Executed Faster

Lite Beer

Chalerm wants drug runners executed faster

I haven't read the article yet but my first impression upon reading the headline is : this would definitely discourage them.

Now to read.....

I am having some difficulty in getting my head around hasty execution discouraging druggies and execution a little further down the road not doing so. Is this the world famous Thai logic at work again?

I don't understand what you are saying.

English not your native tongue or didn't you take full notice of your teachers during your school years? Nobody else seems to have had a problem with what I wrote.

To aid any cerebrally challenged here the point I was making is this. Why should the thought of being exterminated by the State within 30 days of a court judgement against them make those dealing in illegal substances less fearful of retribution when caught by having their lives snubbed out at some later date? If I were found guilty of some heinous act, such as riding a bicycle at night without showing a rear light, and had to pay the ultimate penalty, I'd rather sentence be carried out immediately rather than spend my last months on Death Row in a Thai prison.

Adopt the Chinese penalty for corruption in government and that should lower the drug problems.

agreed. If they want 30 days for the drug offenders, it should be balanced by having the chinese anti corruption laws. If convicted, The gov''t officials will be executed within 30 days.

What are China's Corruption Laws?

In China, gift-giving is very common and is a widely accepted practice. While monetary contributions to public officials are prohibited, small "incidental" gifts are normally acceptable. Incidental gifts include such item as pens, bottles of wine, dinners, and other types of relatively small gifts. Offering an official a vacation in Hawaii, on the other hand, would probably not be considered incidental. In addition, each individual Chinese agency may have its own internal rules regarding the receipt of gifts by its officials. Such internal rules may require that gifts be reported or are prohibited. However, these internal regulations would be operative only to agency officials and not to a foreign party.

The issue of improper gift-giving is addressed in the Criminal Law and predecessor regulations. Chinese government officials are required to limit their gifts to foreign guests to Chinese handicrafts or "practical objects of daily use." Under the law, Chinese officials who receive gifts in excess of RMB200 ($US23) are required to turn the gifts over to their superiors. Moreover, gifts of cash and securities are strictly prohibited. A violation of the anti-corruption laws, including laws prohibiting bribery, concealing illegal gains, tax evasion, and embezzling funds, is a capital offense and punishable by death.

With respect to the issuance of employment permits to foreign personnel, Chinese law prohibits the collection of inappropriate fees, abuse of authority in the issuing of permits, or the fraudulent issuance of permits. Such activities constitute criminal acts and are subject to imprisonment or fines.

Grumbles. A quick look at stats for the death penalty in the USA actually shows that States without the DP have lower murder rates. I would be interested in knowing why you think the deterrent would have a different effect here, on drug dealers.

The only statistic the death penalty has a positive effect on is recidivism.

Not prison space or budgets?

Are you not aware that having a "death row" is expensive in terms of money, space and manpower (guards), and execution involves enormous numbers of court and litigation hours. Google is FREE.

Grumbles. A quick look at stats for the death penalty in the USA actually shows that States without the DP have lower murder rates. I would be interested in knowing why you think the deterrent would have a different effect here, on drug dealers.

Are you not aware that having a "death row" is expensive in terms of money, space and manpower (guards), and execution involves enormous numbers of court and litigation hours. Google is FREE.

Then perhaps Chalerm has used google, seen the cost and wishes to speed up the process.......smart man

Then perhaps Chalerm has used google, seen the cost and wishes to speed up the process.......smart man

Callous, corrupt, cunning.................I can think of many adjectives for Chalerm without going past "C" but I don't think I'd ever get to "smart" even for his dress sense.

I guess it comes down to relative intelligence.

Edited by OzMick

Quick, no-brain solution. This is like killing the messenger bringing bad news. And there are plenty of desperate people willing to replace those that get caught. I imagine, however, the big boys stay a safe distance from getting apprehended.

i'd much rather see very harsh prsion conditions, not a problem in thailand but it could be 'improved' on in plenty of other countries.

i'm speaking in general about the death penalty of course... i'm not gonna go into the whole drug prohibition debate.

Edited by nurofiend

Chalerm wants drug runners executed faster

I haven't read the article yet but my first impression upon reading the headline is : this would definitely discourage them.

Now to read.....

I am having some difficulty in getting my head around hasty execution discouraging druggies and execution a little further down the road not doing so. Is this the world famous Thai logic at work again?

I don't understand what you are saying.

English not your native tongue or didn't you take full notice of your teachers during your school years? Nobody else seems to have had a problem with what I wrote.

To aid any cerebrally challenged here the point I was making is this. Why should the thought of being exterminated by the State within 30 days of a court judgement against them make those dealing in illegal substances less fearful of retribution when caught by having their lives snubbed out at some later date? If I were found guilty of some heinous act, such as riding a bicycle at night without showing a rear light, and had to pay the ultimate penalty, I'd rather sentence be carried out immediately rather than spend my last months on Death Row in a Thai prison.

So you are for death penalty with immediate action ?

Thanks to the imperfections of the software used here I am unable to respond directly to 'Southern Man'. I receive the system message that the number of quotes and unquotes do not match. By my reckoning they do .........................

I have constructed the following post from the final excerpts of out interchange.

Me : To aid any cerebrally challenged here the point I was making is this. Why should the thought of being exterminated by the State within 30 days of a court judgment against them make those dealing in illegal substances less fearful of retribution when caught by having their lives snubbed out at some later date? If I were found guilty of some heinous act, such as riding a bicycle at night without showing a rear light, and had to pay the ultimate penalty, I'd rather sentence be carried out immediately rather than spend my last months on Death Row in a Thai prison.

SM: So you are for death penalty with immediate action ?

Me: Why do you ask? From wherever did you drag the notion that I might be? I have not at any time, anywhere, in this forum written anything in favour of the judicial termination of life save in the cases of terminally ill patients who are unnecessarily suffering in great pain.

Might I suggest that you retrace your steps and carefully read what I wrote - and/or enlist the aid of somebody with greater levels of understanding than yourself?

Proof that Decriminalization DOES Cut Drug Use:

http://www.care2.com...t-drug-use.html

having been to Holland many times, I would tend to agree. Have you ever been there though? When you have areas that allow this type of thing they turn to utter S#!T. All the addicts flock to those areas. I'm sure statistically in those areas crime goes up. Property values go down. Go buy a temptation island and start a new colony. biggrin.png

What is Chalerm's hurry? I remember the case during the 'war on drugs' of a suspect who was found to have drugs on him by the police when searched in his hospital bed whilst still unconscious after his arrest. All sounds fair enough except for one thing. When he was admitted to Emergency he was x rayed and for some reason no drugs showed up on that x ray image so how could they have possibly got there. Even the police can make mistakes it would seem.

Edited by bigbamboo

May I also suggest to execute on the spot those who have killed a policeman, especially in plain view of witnesses.. So the killer has no time to "buy" witnesses or have them vanish.

Coming to think of it, why not getting rid of the judicial system all together and execute any suspect upon his arrest? Great savings on time and money.

How much longer is this clown allowed to make fun of the rule of law?

Inmates on death row, in the US anyway, costs more than regular prison inmates. Although regular inmates are expensive, at about $36,000/year (yes, about $100/day!), death row costs more because of higher security and multiple appeals which can stretch out the time to many years.

I don't understand how all these accused just confess to everything they did their entire crime spree. Do they benefit from spilling the beans? Less of a death? Less jail time.? Please explain this to me.

Yes, they benefit by admitting to crimes - by getting less jail time. So, it stands to reason that, in Thailand, offenders are prodded to embellish and/or make-up stories in order to please the cops and the court. Not a good system.

Thai cops need to learn one basic lesson: When they catch a vehicle hauling drugs, they need to quickly take the suspects' info, and then follow them to their rendezvous point. That way, the cops stand a chance of catching bigger fish.

Thai cops don't know how or can't grasp the concept. Instead, they apprehend the little fish, make a big publicity splash, and alert all the higher ups. How do I know? Each of the recent busts have been the same scenario, and scant little under-cover work appears to be done to bust the core suppliers and the big dealers in Bangkok. Why? Because the top end dealers are probably connected with VIPs (or VIPs themselves).

Cops seem to be just busting the mules.

Thai cops need to learn one basic lesson: When they catch a vehicle hauling drugs, they need to quickly take the suspects' info, and then follow them to their rendezvous point. That way, the cops stand a chance of catching bigger fish.

Thai cops don't know how or can't grasp the concept. Instead, they apprehend the little fish, make a big publicity splash, and alert all the higher ups. How do I know? Each of the recent busts have been the same scenario, and scant little under-cover work appears to be done to bust the core suppliers and the big dealers in Bangkok. Why? Because the top end dealers are probably connected with VIPs (or VIPs themselves).

Well they certainly don't seem to be busting their asses..............!

Edited by bigbamboo

Yo everybody,

This is not about Charelm.

This is about drugs and Thailand.

These people are scum and prey off the poor.

We are better off without them !

This is about Chalerm because it is proof that the real players can buy their way out while the little people take the punishment. Even the death penalty is not going to stop a multi billion dollar industry because the temptation for vast profit is too great. I also pity you people who seem to think that executing some poor sod who is probably up to his/her eyeballs in debt and thought that delivering a packet for the nice mafia man would solve their problem.

PS as for your comments on Singapore I don't think Amnesty agree with you:

"But drug addiction was still a problem, Amnesty said, adding that there was "no convincing evidence" high execution rates had curbed drug use in Singapore. "

Not to mention this vile being and his sons are the mafia or the equivalent. This man cowardly fled to scandinavia in the 80's to avoid showing the reasons for his dishonestly obtained money. That was only the beginning. This is a silly show to divert the majority's attention away from the many more pressing issues (that he and his cronies fail to do anything about).

So obviously to you this IS about Chalerm.

O.K.

I thought we were talking about death penalty for drug runners.....

Yes, just have a read at the title........... subject is chalerm. And within the story a tale of a man who has no ethics. Hope all of the above applies to his boys too.

Edited by gemini81

Yes, just have a read at the title........... subject is chalerm. And within the story a tale of a man who has no ethics. Hope all of the above applies to his boys too.

Yea, I hope it does apply to all the scum be they big or small......

Inmates on death row, in the US anyway, costs more than regular prison inmates. Although regular inmates are expensive, at about $36,000/year (yes, about $100/day!), death row costs more because of higher security and multiple appeals which can stretch out the time to many years.

Last time I checked, this is Thailand, not the US. I don't think inmates on death row in Thailand is going to cost anywhere near as much as inmates on death row in the US.

Where I live it is common knowledge that the police are the biggest dealers of drugs. Was even told this by a low ranking cop after a recent burglary at our house.

The only reason some poor sap is busted now and again is to make it look as though they are doing something.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

I dont mind the idea of clear unequivocal guilt for large scale drug sellers and runner being the death penalty and done quickly after sentence ala Singapore style however i don't like fact that these folks are hauled up and displayed as they are for a political grandstanding conference.

They have enough on their plate to fear and while its their own doing and no sympathy I dont think they should have to be part of Chalerms circus routine

At what point does one get the death penalty...and how do they execute people for drug running, manufacturing etc...?

When will people learn? The war on drugs is stupid and doesn't stop pushers or users. It just fills the jails and the pockets of the elite. Such a shame.

Exactly.

Just fills jails.

Death penalty would solve that one in a flash !

You must live in "la la land" The Mr Bigs would just find another fool to step in as they would never get caught.