I'M Looking For A Major To Study/Work

I'm 23 years old and currently living in Israel. I served 3 years in army and now I'm on my own. I've been to Thailand twice and I really like it but I like it as on a vacation. I don't have any degree but I hope to start this year and I'm a guy a lot of interests, pretty much everything I do I get interested and excited. That's who I am. I was thinking to live in Thailand and start a family in a future. To have a successful life you know. I want to know what jobs are required in Thailand. Is it engineering? economy? computing? some developers? I need people's help, from people's perspective, how you see these things as you live in Thailand for a long time. What advantages and disadvantages? I am thinking more in to engineering way, or should it be the easy way to a tourism. It's pretty common but I need something stable that could bring money, stability to have home, wife and children you know. Is it better to learn in Thailand's university? Much appreciated to responds. I need your opinion.

-Alexander

This will get you started..........

Under Thai Law foreigners are prohibited to engage in any of the following occupations.

1. Manual work

2. Work in agriculture, animal husbandry, forestry or fishery excluding specialized work in each particular branch or farm supervision

3. Bricklaying, carpentry or other construction works

4. Wood carving

5. Driving mechanically propelled carried or driving non-mechanically-propelled vehicle, excluding international aircraft piloting

6. Shop attendance

7. Auction

8. Supervising, auditing or giving service in accountancy excluding internal auditing on occasions

9. Cutting or polishing jewelry

10. Haircutting, hairdressing or beauty treatment

11. Cloth weaving by hand

12. Weaving of mate or making products from reeds, rattan, hemp, straw or bamboo pellicle

13. Making of Sa paper by hand

14. Lacquer ware making

15. Making of Thai musical instrument

16. Niello ware making

17. Making of products from gold, silver or gold-copper alloy

18. Bronze ware making

19. Making of Thai dolls

20. Making of mattress or quilt blanket

21. Alms bowls casting

22. Making of silk products by hand

23. Casting of Buddha images

24. Knife making

25. Making of paper of cloth umbrella

26. Shoemaking

27. Hat Making

28. Brokerage or agency excluding brokerage or agency in international trade business

29. Engineering work in civil engineering branch concerning designing and calculation, organization, research, planning, testing, construction supervision or advising excluding specialized work

30. Architectural work concerning designing, drawing of plan, estimating, construction directing or advising

31. Garments making

32. Pottery or ceramic ware making

33. Cigarette making by hand

34. Guide or conducting sightseeing tours

35. Street Vending

36. Type setting of Thai characters by hand

37. Drawing and twisting silk-thread by hand

38. Office or secretarial work

39. Legal or lawsuit services

From the Alien Occupational Control Division, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare.

I admire your enthusiasm mate but consider carefully what proposed visa you would stay under , they can be tricky. Ive spent a considerable amount of time in Thailand and wouldn't want to work there!! Could I ask why you are so fixated on Thailand?

You need to look at what Thai graduates are prepared to work for ...it may be a bit of an eye opener...

Perhaps before you made any concrete descisions you could take a year out and try to get some employment in Thiland, it is a vastly different place when compared to being on holiday - good points and bad, it will help you make up your mind.

Edited by miksguevara

I agree with the previous post. You're better off making money elsewhere and then come to live in Thailand when you have money. There are so many limitations for foreigners working in Thailand. The best thing to do is to look up a job posting in your country. Find a company that hires an employee to work in Thailand. You will know what major you need to study in.