Iranian Admits To Bangkok Blasts But Won't Reveal Motives

webfact

the day after this story broke, Iranian authorities promised to assist Thai investigators 'in every way possible.' We knew it was bullsh*t then, and we know it's bullsh*t now. Iranian officaldom wants to be in close to the investigation, so they can <deleted> it up and/or re-direct incriminating evidence as soon as it arises. If Iran wanted to assist, one of the most tangible actions it could take is to send the two women suspects (from Iran) to Thailand to be interviewed by investigators. The biggest fear Iran has is if Israeli or western investigators get actively involved - then they know the chips might really fall to their detriment - as western investigators are head and shoulders more adept than their Thai counterparts.

Well I fail to see how it could fall to Iran's detriment, after all everybody blames Iran anyway, and that was before any questioning, so why even bother to question him? The only issue is if he does not come out with a story that would consolidate the blame on Iran. Seems the last thing the west want is for this guy to be questioned. The blame is already apportioned.

Everybody blames Iran? Hardly. Iran blames Israel, as reflected in the opinions of a number of posters here, who also blame Israel.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the day after this story broke, Iranian authorities promised to assist Thai investigators 'in every way possible.' We knew it was bullsh*t then, and we know it's bullsh*t now. Iranian officaldom wants to be in close to the investigation, so they can <deleted> it up and/or re-direct incriminating evidence as soon as it arises. If Iran wanted to assist, one of the most tangible actions it could take is to send the two women suspects (from Iran) to Thailand to be interviewed by investigators. The biggest fear Iran has is if Israeli or western investigators get actively involved - then they know the chips might really fall to their detriment - as western investigators are head and shoulders more adept than their Thai counterparts.

Well I fail to see how it could fall to Iran's detriment, after all everybody blames Iran anyway, and that was before any questioning, so why even bother to question him? The only issue is if he does not come out with a story that would consolidate the blame on Iran. Seems the last thing the west want is for this guy to be questioned. The blame is already apportioned.

Everybody blames Iran? Hardly. Iran blames Israel, as reflected in the opinions of a number of posters here, who also blame Israel.

Tell you what I will do Jingthing, I will start a thread simply called 'White' and you can make the first reply 'Black', that would be thread over then so I will start another called 'Chalk' and you can put 'Cheese'. (i know you like posts of less than 10 words to keep your post count up).

Remember opinions are like <deleted>...everyone has got one.

Tell you what I will do Jingthing, I will start a thread simply called 'White' and you can make the first reply 'Black', that would be thread over then so I will start another called 'Chalk' and you can put 'Cheese'. (i know you like posts of less than 10 words to keep your post count up).

So you are arguing my assertion that everyone does NOT blame Iran, or aren't you? Seems to me you just launched into a personal attack as a diversion because your original position is clearly totally flawed.

So you are arguing my assertion that everyone does NOT blame Iran, or aren't you? Seems to me you just launched into a personal attack as a diversion because your original position is clearly totally flawed.

I see you are in one of your drama queen moods tonight Jingthing. Watch those blisters on the finger from hitting the report button. The Mods will all be trying to change shift tonight!

By the way, what exactly was the personal attack in the post above?

Edited by GentlemanJim

Motive is to assassinate Israelis diplomats as a retaliation to the assassination of Iranian nuclear physicists.

If only this plot were that simple!

Haha, this is some entertaining BS. Thier Iranian, from Iran and one ran back to Iran. Don't think I would be running back to Iran if I was really just working for Isreal and trying to get Iran bombed. Is bitterness at Jews a result of envy. Those dudes were severly oppressed and have since worked their butts off to accumulate wealth and success. Maybe other cultures could accomplish the same if they focused thier efforts on education and hard work and less on their rage or envy

Edited by ttelise

Motive is to assassinate Israelis diplomats as a retaliation to the assassination of Iranian nuclear physicists.
Haha, this is some entertaining BS. Thier Iranian, from Iran and one ran back to Iran. Don't think I would be running back to Iran if I was really just working for Isreal and trying to get Iran bombed. Is bitterness at Jews a result of envy. Those dudes were severly oppressed and have since worked their butts off to accumulate wealth and success. Maybe other cultures could accomplish the same if they focused thier efforts on education and hard work and less on their rage or envy

I am quite sure you can accumulate wealth when, with a population of only 6 million you still get 3 Billion dollars a year from the US, and you don't have to save to buy land for yourself or building projects, you just take it. So the guy was Iranian, from Iran and one of them allegedly ran back to Iran ergo they were working for the Iranian Government. I must remember that, so on 9/11 the terrorists were Saudi, from Saudi Arabia and after 9/11 3 of them were even found in Saudi Arabia ergo they work for Iraq or anybody but Saudi Arabia. Got it. These 'dudes' may have been severely oppressed a long time ago, does that mean its OK for them to severely oppress others now?

The fact is that you have absolutely no idea concerning what has been occurring with the Iranians in Thailand attempting to build some bombs in a very very amateurish operation. As far as becoming a criminal investigator goes...don't give up your day job.

I am quite sure you can accumulate wealth when, with a population of only 6 million you still get 3 Billion dollars a year from the US, and you don't have to save to buy land for yourself or building projects, you just take it. So the guy was Iranian, from Iran and one of them allegedly ran back to Iran ergo they were working for the Iranian Government. I must remember that, so on 9/11 the terrorists were Saudi, from Saudi Arabia and after 9/11 3 of them were even found in Saudi Arabia ergo they work for Iraq or anybody but Saudi Arabia. Got it. These 'dudes' may have been severely oppressed a long time ago, does that mean its OK for them to severely oppress others now?

The fact is that you have absolutely no idea concerning what has been occurring with the Iranians in Thailand attempting to build some bombs in a very very amateurish operation. As far as becoming a criminal investigator goes...don't give up your day job.

Haha, day job is lawyer. Close enough. The Jewish people I know generally have doctorate degrees (JD, MD), own businesses and etc. in US and work their butts off so their wealth has nothing to do with US handouts to Israel government. Israel does not need to hire some rank amateurs from Iran to bomb its diplomats to create a reason to bomb Iran. They can just bomb Iran whenever they want, the US will ultimately stand behind the actions and no one can or will do anything about. Russia won't, China won't, and no one else can. We got China's entire economy by the balls in the form of treasuries/bonds. So why pray tale would Israel recruit and hire Iranians who are amateurs to kill it's own diplomats. Oh wait, you read something on the Internet that told you so. One can find anything on the net to support any ridiculous thought they could possibly have. Bitterness, envy and age doth jade.

• Like 1

I hardly think the movtives can even be questioned. They meant to kill people. Does it really matter who they wanted to kill? Answer: No! That is prematated murder. Does it matter who the victums were along with innocent bystanders. Answer: Absolutely Not! So the death penalty is in order here.

Edited by metisdead
No need to post in bold font, font reset.

I would have thought there is only one Excuse "In the name of Allah"

Nope. This is political, not religious. These are Iranian government orchestrated spooks trying to kill a bunch of Israelis. That's more political in nature than directly religious. The direct motivation is probably to hit back at having their nuclear scientists assassinated. Not saying that this is a mitigating circumstance, just that it's not fanatical religious terrorism of the Al Qaeda / Bali variety.

This is what government people mean when they don't call it "terrorism". (It's state-sponsored murder, etc.)

I hardly think the movtives can even be questioned. They meant to kill people. Does it really matter who they wanted to kill? Answer: No! That is prematated murder. Does it matter who the victums were along with innocent bystanders. Answer: Absolutely Not! So the death penalty is in order here.

Yes, either that or a year or two free oil from Iran to make up for it. ;)

Telling but also depressing that torture, once a shameful act to every civilized person and still notionally illegal, is today - and all over this thread - encouraged by people who no doubt will claim to be civilized.

Good point, and it really isn't necessary. Clearly the Thais should be calling in for more expert interviewers who don't happen to be Thai. The information is definitely obtainable.

So why pray tale would Israel recruit and hire Iranians who are amateurs to kill it's own diplomats. Oh wait, you read something on the Internet that told you so. One can find anything on the net to support any ridiculous thought they could possibly have.

Hear, hear! Common sense at last. thumbsup.gif

Haha, day job is lawyer. Close enough. The Jewish people I know generally have doctorate degrees (JD, MD), own businesses and etc. in US and work their butts off so their wealth has nothing to do with US handouts to Israel government. Israel does not need to hire some rank amateurs from Iran to bomb its diplomats to create a reason to bomb Iran. They can just bomb Iran whenever they want, the US will ultimately stand behind the actions and no one can or will do anything about. Russia won't, China won't, and no one else can. We got China's entire economy by the balls in the form of treasuries/bonds. So why pray tale would Israel recruit and hire Iranians who are amateurs to kill it's own diplomats. Oh wait, you read something on the Internet that told you so. One can find anything on the net to support any ridiculous thought they could possibly have. Bitterness, envy and age doth jade.

av-11672.gif

Haha, that's what I get for being a smart arse and throwing out a phrase I never use trying to be cute. Lawyers make mistakes too, especially typing on iPhones! Actually, day job is semi retired lawyer at 44 thanks to a large ERISA and several defective drug/medical device class action settlements.

Edited by Scott
deleted post edited out

av-11672.gif

Pray Tell is a perfectly valid cololquial phrase and is spelled correctly. Not sure why someone has their panties in a twist over the turn of a phrase.

Edited by Scott
deleted posted edited out

Telling but also depressing that torture, once a shameful act to every civilized person and still notionally illegal, is today - and all over this thread - encouraged by people who no doubt will claim to be civilized.

Good point, and it really isn't necessary. Clearly the Thais should be calling in for more expert interviewers who don't happen to be Thai. The information is definitely obtainable.

So why did you think it necessary to waterboard suspected AQ operatives? When a previous thread was running you were one of the biggest advocates of the use of torture techniques by the CIA on people held in gitmo! Had a change of heart have we?

So why did you think it necessary to waterboard suspected AQ operatives? When a previous thread was running you were one of the biggest advocates of the use of torture techniques by the CIA on people held in gitmo! Had a change of heart have we?

No, I wasn't. I have NEVER supported torture methods of any kind. I don't understand why you persist in posting lies about my posting record!angry.png I am going to ask you now to never do that again, unless you can actually provide EVIDENCE of your outlandish accusations. OK? Edited by Jingthing