Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

Fella's

It seems to have gotten very untidy between Jolly and Bucks now.

Darren Jolly blasts Nathan Buckley as a 'coward'

''Just the excuses he gave me in that meeting were all bullshit and that was the hardest thing to stomach, that he was a coward, really. We had a problem. He had an issue with me and I had an issue with him. And I'm not the only one. There's a lot of players there that are in that same boat.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/darren-jolly-blasts-nathan-buckley-as-a-coward-20131127-2yagc.html

• Like 1

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fella's

''Just the excuses he gave me in that meeting were all bullshit and that was the hardest thing to stomach, that he was a coward, really. We had a problem. He had an issue with me and I had an issue with him. And I'm not the only one. There's a lot of players there that are in that same boat.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/darren-jolly-blasts-nathan-buckley-as-a-coward-20131127-2yagc.html

You can get the feeling that Bucks doesn't have a very good working relationship with his player and you see people like Daisy Thomas jumping ship.

Saad banned for 18 months

Nathan Schmook, Matt Thompson, Jennifer Phelan with AAP November 26, 2013 9:18 PM

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-26/saad-learns-his-fate

The AFL have come down harder on Ahmed SAAD for consuming a sports drink than they did on Essendon for cheating. 18 months for no intent, James Hird 12 months for full intent and tried to lie his way out of it.

Seems very out of kilter.

I seem to remember Jobe Watson admitting to taking performance enhancing injections?

I guess it depends on who you are, a Brownlow medallist or a newby just starting out.

Tough call to make... There's already precedent with another young player - I believe a Melbourne player? - took a similar banned substance that was in a drink and also copped a similar ban a few years back. Despite his protestations that he was unaware of the contents.

I think the difference - and I'm playing devil's advocate here - between Essendon and Saad is that Saad failed the drug test, whereas nobody from Essendon has failed a test (at least that I'm aware of).

IMO, ASAD/WADA should be coming down on Windy Hill like a rabid Bangkok pink taxi driver arguing over a fare!

Does the 3 strikes rule apply to "performance enhancing" drugs or is it just "recreational" drugs that have that rule?

• Like 1

Saad banned for 18 months

Nathan Schmook, Matt Thompson, Jennifer Phelan with AAP  November 26, 2013 9:18 PM

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-26/saad-learns-his-fate

The AFL have come down harder on Ahmed SAAD for consuming a sports drink than they did on Essendon for cheating.  18 months for no intent, James Hird 12 months for full intent and tried to lie his way out of it.

Seems very out of kilter.

I seem to remember Jobe Watson admitting to taking performance enhancing injections?

I guess it depends on who you are, a Brownlow medallist or a newby just starting out. 

Tough call to make... There's already precedent with another young player - I believe a Melbourne player? - took a similar banned substance that was in a drink and also copped a similar ban a few years back. Despite his protestations that he was unaware of the contents.

I think the difference - and I'm playing devil's advocate here - between Essendon and Saad is that Saad failed the drug test, whereas nobody from Essendon has failed a test (at least that I'm aware of).

IMO, ASAD/WADA should be coming down on Windy Hill like a rabid Bangkok pink taxi driver arguing over a fare!

Does the 3 strikes rule apply to "performance enhancing" drugs or is it just "recreational" drugs that have that rule?

Big news and his career may very well be over.  You don't go braking your team mates jaw.

Campbell brown is always a loose canon on the field... Looks like off it as well

*sent from the zombie apocalypse survivors camp payphone

• Like 1

Fella's

You can get the feeling that Bucks doesn't have a very good working relationship with his player and you see people like Daisy Thomas jumping ship.

Brown should be man enough to be upfront. He is the coach so Wat he says goes... He might as well speak his mind

*sent from the zombie apocalypse survivors camp payphone

Big news and his career may very well be over. You don't go braking your team mates jaw.

I agree, he's gorn!

I'm pretty sure he's got form as well for coming to blows with another team mate at training.

He also had a run in with the Thai coppers.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-15/two-suns-players-detained-in-thailand/2899818

Big news and his career may very well be over. You don't go braking your team mates jaw.

I agree, he's gorn!

I'm pretty sure he's got form as well for coming to blows with another team mate at training.

He also had a run in with the Thai coppers.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-15/two-suns-players-detained-in-thailand/2899818

Great and now Weller is at St Kilda.

• Like 1

Saints in Milne legal funds row

St Kilda footballers have infuriated club sponsors and advocacy groups for sexual assault victims by requesting donations for the legal defence of retired player Stephen Milne, who faces rape charges.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/saints-in-milne-legal-funds-row-20131130-2yirw.html#ixzz2mBH8LQtN

St Kilda footballers have infuriated club sponsors and advocacy groups for sexual assault victims by requesting donations for the legal defence of retired player Stephen Milne, who faces rape charges.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/saints-in-milne-legal-funds-row-20131130-2yirw.html#ixzz2mBH8LQtN

Milne has been committed to stand trial so maybe the evidence offers up something.

Problem is the initial investigation, length of time between then and now, and then what effectively comes down to a he said she said.

A bollocksy mess

Jolly's tongue will be the death of him, Buckley's The Age interview all class, Jolly really should grow up, in the end his KARMA has come back to bite him, of course he lives in a delusional world as if a guy he's age can can play at 100% in this modern age.

Idea........he should apply for a position as sports journalist for the Bangkok Post that's a good level for him........

Don't like socKer. How about some real football?

Only 8 weeks to go before the pre season comp and 13 weeks before the season proper. Can't wait and I agree soccer puts me to sleep also most boring game on the planet.

Don't like socKer.   How about some real football?

Only 8 weeks to go before the pre season comp and 13 weeks before the season proper.  Can't wait and I agree soccer puts me to sleep also most boring game on the planet.
Yeah can't come soon enough

Milne has been committed to stand trial so maybe the evidence offers up something.

Problem is the initial investigation, length of time between then and now, and then what effectively comes down to a he said she said.

A bollocksy mess

To be sent to trial only means that there is a possibilty that a finding of guilt could be achieved but not guaranteed.

As for the players supporting a mate and trying to help out with legal costs I have no problem with that however it doesn't look good when they are high profile and in the media light. If it was joe citizen nothing would be mentioned.

Its Soccer.........................and your allowed to dislike it, I happen to love it and its soccer season right now.

If chooker finds soccer hmmm dull what do you think of gridiron?

I happen to love that too, there arnt to many sports in the world where you have just one play, yes one play, 5 or so seconds to make a mark...no running into form there my boy, you make that catch or you run and get those yards full stop no second chances.

Sav Roccer isn't play with the Phillie Eagles I saw a game recently think its the Redskins now...still can boot a ball.

As for soccer some of the less enlightened folk here wouldn't know of course but some of the modern tactic's like chipping the ball around especially on the last line of defence (very common now days) and Jean's hawks ( who started it) passing/handballing backwards to a running player facing goal wards ( also very common these days are all soccer tactics my dear friends.

Its Soccer.........................and your allowed to dislike it, I happen to love it and its soccer season right now.

I happen to love that too, there arnt to many sports in the world where you have just one play, yes one play, 5 or so seconds to make a mark...no running into form there my boy, you make that catch or you run and get those yards full stop no second chances.

Sav Roccer isn't play with the Phillie Eagles I saw a game recently think its the Redskins now...still can boot a ball.

As for soccer some of the less enlightened folk here wouldn't know of course but some of the modern tactic's like chipping the ball around especially on the last line of defence (very common now days) and Jean's hawks ( who started it) passing/handballing backwards to a running player facing goal wards ( also very common these days are all soccer tactics my dear friends.

I dont mind soccer but I much prefer AFL. I nevr go out of my way to watch soccer.

One thing AFL players got from soccer is the 'staging' or milking the penalty. Those soccer boys do that better than anyone else

• Like 2

And this is an AFL forum and not that girlie soccer forum. Men play football and the wannabies play soccer. It's an imported thing played by little Asians and those not built to play football. I think there is a dedicated forum to soccer under the boring sports section.

Give me a mans sport anyday. None of this nacy Pancy stuff I like contact sports.

post-122647-0-31549500-1385990653_thumb.

Edited by chooka

Ahhhhh chooka I don't think you can call AFL tough anymore, fairly pansy now compared to 20 ys ago its all run run run now days pretty much like Gallic football which is what out game came from think the black fellas and some of there Irish friends started it way back in penal days of old Melbourne town hehehe.

Ho and im allowed to bring soccer into an afl thread because I started this thread when I moved to BKK late 2011, yes that's right...im jinjinswing, after a while I got bored with TV and my social like took off so i stoped posting by the time I got back to it I forgot my password. if you don't belive me I still have a yahoo and Skype id as jinjinswing, hmmmmm I should try there password, but I did change it.