Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

Good news gents,

It seems as if Aust Network Channel will be showing

3 games on Saturdays now.

On their website, the next 2 Saturdays have games at

1100hrs, 1630 and 2100.

Regards

Will

It would be nice if they tried to show all teams equally.

It seems Hawthorn is on every week, but the ladder leaders, for instance, very rarely. (probably because many of the Eagles games are on Sun arvos when Channel 2 need to show more important programs like HMS Pinafore starring John English!)

Would be good to be able to watch one of the Western Derby games - wishful thinking.sad.png

I'm hearing you.

I'm also an Eagles supporter and as you've said, it's the time differences I think.

They always seem to play the early Sunday game so that counts us out.

So unless we play on a Friday night, the only other chances are usually when we

play away, and aren't as good.

Would love to see some derby's and a few more home games but I guess beggers

can't be choosers.

Regards

Will

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been following afl for a couple of years now, and have learned to appriciate the game. Just one thing I don't understand, how is the seasons games scheduled ? Saw one the the seasons early games, I think i was Essendon vs GWS and the commentators said something about Essendon had to continue scoring, as they were only to play GWS once this season, to get a good as possible "percentage", whereas some of the other expected top 8 or top 4 teams were going to meet GWS twice this season, giving them two chances to get the high percentage. Is the play-schedule rollling over more than one year, or what is the explanation ?

The concern with teams meeting some teams once a season, other teams twice, is a sticky point with supporters, with many a claim of favoritism. The problem has arisen because there are 17 teams in the competion, each playing only 22 matches in the season before the finals.

This does not necessarily mean that if Team A plays Team B twice this year, next year they will meet only once. The whole thing has to do with marketing. For example, the League will schedule Carlton to play Collingwood, Essendon and Richmond twice every season, not negotiable They are Big-Ticket games, and the clubs concerned would not have it any other way, irrespective of the difficulty of winning the games.

It will be interesting to see if the Swans play GWS twice next year like they do this year. I wonder what the crowd will be for their next clash. on 30/06

North Melborne almost gave Gold Coast their first win this season. Norths are not playing well.

Richmond also came close to losing.

Swans back to 4th on the ladder...but only game out from the top and with a great percentage!

I missed the Richmond game due to travelling. When I got home Gold Coast were in fromt.

It was good to see that Swans were on top last week for 2 day. They were also on top after week one. Good to have some bragging rights

yes, and nearly a heart attack game against Essendon.

Can't wait till Goodes is back.

My tips for round 13:

Swans

Western Bulldogs

Collingwood *

Essendon *

G W S

Adelaide

Games marked with asterisk could go either way, but I will stick with my predictions.

Mine are

Swans

Western Bulldogs

Collingwood

Fremantle

GWS

Adellaide

My tips for round 13:

Swans

Western Bulldogs

Collingwood *

Essendon *

G W S

Adelaide

Games marked with asterisk could go either way, but I will stick with my predictions.

Mine are

Swans

Western Bulldogs

Collingwood

Fremantle

GWS

Adellaide

Have finally got an answer from Australia network.How about you ?

Thank you for your email and please accept our apologies for not replying more promptly.

Our schedule changes from time to time and is designed to appeal to a wide variety of viewers, not only ex-patriate Australians. It is also a reflection of the contractual arrangements we can reach with the rights holders.

Wherever possible, we do take feedback into account but unfortunately the changes do not suit everybody.

Regards,

Anne Milne

Australia Networkermm.gif

My tips for round 13:

Swans

Western Bulldogs

Collingwood *

Essendon *

G W S

Adelaide

Mine are

Swans

Western Bulldogs

Collingwood

Fremantle

GWS

Adellaide

Thank you for your email and please accept our apologies for not replying more promptly.

Our schedule changes from time to time and is designed to appeal to a wide variety of viewers, not only ex-patriate Australians. It is also a reflection of the contractual arrangements we can reach with the rights holders.

Wherever possible, we do take feedback into account but unfortunately the changes do not suit everybody.

Regards,

Anne Milne

I am still waiting

My tips for round 13:

Swans

Western Bulldogs

Collingwood *

Essendon *

G W S

Adelaide

Mine are

Swans

Western Bulldogs

Collingwood

Fremantle

GWS

Adellaide

Regards,

Anne Milne

I am still waiting

It took 3 messages and on the 3rd one,I asked that it not to be looked by programming.

In other words, bugger offsmile.png

My thoughts exactly.

Should send the finger to Australian Network

They're not too bad.

We now are getting 5 games a week so all in all,

I think it's a pretty good service.

Could they be better, for sure, but I'm just happy

we get the coverage.

Regards

Will

My thoughts exactly.

They're not too bad.

we get the coverage.

Regards

Will

Agree with your sentiments entirely,but my problem is that I can't watch AFL at that time of the day because my darling likes to watch The thai soaps (ouch) and I haven't worked out how to watch one program while copying another.The Thai and Australia Network are on separate dishes and boxes but connected to the same DVD recorder.

Cheers,

Ron

Ron,

Why don't you get another TV and put it in another room?

If that's not possible, they show Thai soaps pretty much all

of the time here so maybe a bit of compromise by your other

half.

Regards

Will

Ron,

half.

Regards

Will

An extra TV is the was to go. The not very expensive.

Ron,

half.

Regards

Will

I have another tv and dvd recorder set up underneath in the garage where I keep my computers and sound equipment.I can divert the signal to there but it is a pain and the dvd recorder cannot record to dvd disc,only to the hard drive.If i playback the hard drive and then have to stop and turn off,it returns to the start for next time.I can't get the disc tray fixed (no parts available) but keep the recorder because it has a lot of music on the hard drive that I could never replace.sad.png

Ron,

half.

Regards

Will

I have another tv and dvd recorder set up underneath in the garage where I keep my computers and sound equipment.I can divert the signal to there but it is a pain and the dvd recorder cannot record to dvd disc,only to the hard drive.If i playback the hard drive and then have to stop and turn off,it returns to the start for next time.I can't get the disc tray fixed (no parts available) but keep the recorder because it has a lot of music on the hard drive that I could never replace.sad.png

Looking at it again ,I think my best option for the time being would be to divert the thai signal direct to the tv rather than through the dvd recorder and record the aussie signal onto disc by selecting the aussie input.and that means I only have to change 3 wires to divert the thai signal.That still means that I can't watch it as it is being broadcast.Just have to make the best of a bad lot.

Ron,

half.

Regards

Will

That isn't.a problem,have another tv I can ring in.Another factor is that I wouldn't see the end of the 1st quarter before nodding off and that is why I have to record it.

Ron,

half.

Regards

Will

That isn't.a problem,have another tv I can ring in.Another factor is that I wouldn't see the end of the 1st quarter before nodding off and that is why I have to record it.

Far enough. I like your reasoning.

My thoughts exactly.

They're not too bad.

we get the coverage.

Regards

Will

An update on friday night AFL from Australia Network:clap2.gifbiggrin.png

Just an update - We are currently reviewing the scheduling of My Kitchen Rules to move it to a more convenient time. This may allow us to change the time of the AFL on Friday nights. We will keep our viewers informed.

Regards,

Australia Network

Edited by Ron19

Another heart stopper. Swans had a great 1st quarter but lucky to win again. I have now put the ambulance telephone number on my quick dial

Good game and Swans are back on top although it is only a temporary situation unless the Collingwood-West Coast game is a draw and Nth Melbourne defeat Adelaide.Cant see that happening. Edited by Ron19

Another heart stopper. Swans had a great 1st quarter but lucky to win again. I have now put the ambulance telephone number on my quick dial

Good game and Swans are back on top although it is only a temporary situation unless the Collingwood-West Coast game is a draw and Nth Melbourne defeat Adelaide.Cant see that happening.

Neither can I. The Swans were lucky that Hawkins missed 2 easy goals in the first quarter

Good game and Swans are back on top although it is only a temporary situation unless the Collingwood-West Coast game is a draw and Nth Melbourne defeat Adelaide.Cant see that happening.

Neither can I. The Swans were lucky that Hawkins missed 2 easy goals in the first quarter

I haven't watched the game right through as yet.Also, have made a mistake in my last post,if West Coast and Collingwood draw then they both move ahead of Swans.sorry.gifburp.gif Edited by Ron19

It was a bit of a shock with Adelaide going down, It is good to see some upsets. No good for the tipping though.

Can someone explain to me why the goal scores 80% of the time then has a break on the bench.?

Nth Melbourne/Adelaide game result unbelievable.Also Western Bulldogs/Brisbane result surprised me.

Often wondered about the break on the bench after scoring myself.