Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

It looks like we will have 3 live games Friday 1630 , Saturaday 1630, Sunday 1000 and 2 delayed matches Saturday 1100 and 2100. This appears to start on 15/07

The Saturday morning game is also live. So 4/5 live games a week isnt too bad. I'm a West Coast supporter and like to watch them live every week, which isn't obviously guaranteed on the Australia Network. So I subscribed to LiveAFL.TV which is now available in Thailand this year. You can watch live streams of every game and replays after about 8-10 hours of the game finishing. Its 600 Baht/month and just an extra option to get your complete footy fix. I'm guessing this may have been mentioned already earlier in the thread?

Having trouble with my satelite signal so I followed your lead and signed on halfway through friday nights game.

Have had trouble getting passwords to stick.I am on the third one now.Hope that sorts itself out.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ratten wont see out the season, and no the Demons are not kidding and i bet if cloke moves its to the dees and we all know the longer a player takes to make up is mind on a contract the move is on...abblet and scully just in recent memory.

And dont let the dees lowly position or lack of wins put up off, they assembled a top cast of support staff around needle, dont forget few first year coaches have success especilay with still an unproven young list, even the saints with all there early pics took 4 ys to mature before they took off so im guessing the dees are expecting big things soon.

As for the rugby boys going afl, well hunt might be a star this morning and they may end up being good players but its something our game did not need and i see it as stunt by the afl, and i bet the afl are paying there wages at least in the first few years....to me its been a joke and a bad one.

Ratten wont see out the season, and no the Demons are not kidding and i bet if cloke moves its to the dees and we all know the longer a player takes to make up is mind on a contract the move is on...abblet and scully just in recent memory.

And dont let the dees lowly position or lack of wins put up off, they assembled a top cast of support staff around needle, dont forget few first year coaches have success especilay with still an unproven young list, even the saints with all there early pics took 4 ys to mature before they took off so im guessing the dees are expecting big things soon.

As for the rugby boys going afl, well hunt might be a star this morning and they may end up being good players but its something our game did not need and i see it as stunt by the afl, and i bet the afl are paying there wages at least in the first few years....to me its been a joke and a bad one.

Do you really think Cloke is worth 1 million per year.Do you know who is the highest paid AFL player is and how much is he getting.I don't know but I'd like to.

Do you really think Cloke is worth 1 million per year.Do you know who is the highest paid AFL player is and how much is he getting.I don't know but I'd like to.

Gary Ablett, $1.8 mill to move to GCS.

Tom Scully, $6 mill for six years, huge proportion paid up front, reputedly more than the Ablett deal. To join GWS.

Others earning between $900,000 and $1 million - Chris Judd, Nick Riewoldt, Jonathan Brown and Matthew Pavlich.

Demetriou $2.2 mill.

Edited by Old Croc

Tom Scully, $6 mill for six years, huge proportion paid up front, reputedly more than the Ablett deal. To join GWS.

Is the $1.8 million for 1 year or more ?

Gary Ablett reputedly signed a 5 year 10 million dollar contract for the GC.

There has been some inflated prices paid by the new clubs.

Personally, I think Ablett has been worth it. I don't think Cloke is worth

1 million but it really just depends on how much sides are prepared to spend.

Goal kickers usually get more.

Regards

Will

Others earning between $900,000 and $1 million - Chris Judd, Nick Riewoldt, Jonathan Brown and Matthew Pavlich.

Demetriou $2.2 mill.

These are amazing figures and I don't.begrudge those that are recieving the figures quoted.

Swans v West Coast in a couple of hours. West coast has some key forwards out.

Go Swannies!

I hope they can win. It will be hard over there.

Go Eagles!

One of us will be happy after the game. Unless it is a draw. I only can listen to the broardcast on the ABC.

• Like 1

When West Coast were 20 ponts up I thought that the Swans were gone. All I can say what a great result for the Swans. Sorry Old Croc

Just turned on the PC to get the result.

I pretty much knew what was going to happen and couldn't bring myself to follow it live.

Sydney are getting stronger as the season goes on and are my tip for the flag. To play Hawks in GF.

Eagles have lost too many goal kickers throughout the season to maintain momentum near the top.

It was

When West Coast were 20 ponts up I thought that the Swans were gone. All I can say what a great result for the Swans. Sorry Old Croc

I pretty much knew what was going to happen and couldn't bring myself to follow it live.

Sydney are getting stronger as the season goes on and are my tip for the flag. To play Hawks in GF.

Eagles have lost too many goal kickers throughout the season to maintain momentum near the top.

It was a hard fought game but the swans were relentless in their defence and pressure across the field. Swans are definitely a contender this year for the flag.

I think that West Coast could be there if they can get there injured players back. When West Coast were 20 up I nearly turned the radio broadcast off.

Interesting stat is that West Coast had won 18 games straight at home. The last time they lost was to Swans in round 3 last year. I would have liked to have seen the game though. West Coast play Adelaide next week. Swans play St Kilda.

It was

It was a hard fought game but the swans were relentless in their defence and pressure across the field. Swans are definitely a contender this year for the flag.

I hope they can maintain their run. They have some hard games ahead. Next week Australian Network will show Sydney V St Kilda game at 1000 on Sunday

Edited by ripstanley
  • Like 1

Just watched Richmond/Gold Coast game.Gold coast won on the siren.

Karmichael Hunt has kicked a goal after the siren to give Gold Coast the club's first win of the season.

Discussion here.

Sorry,just my terminology.I should have said after the siren.goof.gif

It was

I hope they can maintain their run. They have some hard games ahead. Next week Australian Network will show Sydney V St Kilda game at 1000 on Sunday

St Kilda should be a good test for them. i think they are 8th on the ladder, but that doesnt mean a lot this year

I think it will be a close hard game. Swans are playing at home which is a slight advantage. Go the Swans

I'll be watching that one with my father. I've been watching most of the games with him this year when I can. He loves Lewis Jetta. 2 years back he used to drive me crazy going on and on about Jetta every time the got the ball. I admit I was not a believer back then...but now I have become a bit of a convert myself.

I think it will be a close hard game. Swans are playing at home which is a slight advantage. Go the Swans

I'll be watching that one with my father. I've been watching most of the games with him this year when I can. He loves Lewis Jetta. 2 years back he used to drive me crazy going on and on about Jetta every time the got the ball. I admit I was not a believer back then...but now I have become a bit of a convert myself.

He is really playing good football this season.

He is really playing good football this season.

Class player who just keeps getting better. Amazing turn of speed. Every time he gets the ball you are expecting something.

Karmichael Hunt has kicked a goal after the siren to give Gold Coast the club's first win of the season.

Discussion here.

Hey there Ron19 ... just so you know ... the quote "Karmichael Hunt has kicked a goal after the siren to give Gold Coast the club's first win of the season." was actually from the website, I just copied and pasted it as a describer for the clip.

I wasn't trying to correct you ... I wouldn't even be so pedantic.

I never even made the connection ... all is good ... thumbsup.gif

Discussion here.

Hey there Ron19 ... just so you know ... the quote "Karmichael Hunt has kicked a goal after the siren to give Gold Coast the club's first win of the season." was actually from the website, I just copied and pasted it as a describer for the clip.

I wasn't trying to correct you ... I wouldn't even be so pedantic.

I never even made the connection ... all is good ... thumbsup.gif

Thanks,but no offence was taken.
  • Like 1