US Drug Fugitive Detained In Thailand: Police

webfact

He should have gone to Brazil and married a local girl a la Ronnie Biggs.

That's a good plan. Thailand isn't a good place to hide, they'll deport you fast once they realize you are wanted. And if someone is actively looking for you, it is hard to hide since you are such a tiny ethnic minority. You need to move to a place where they won't send you back.

Cambodia...

Wonder if it was US DEA or Marshals that did the job? Sizeable headcount for the DEA in Thailand.

What's sad about this guy is that whilst on the run he met and married an American woman and they live(d) in Chiang Mai with their 12-year-old son. Sadly, its the kid that suffers in the end. Apparently she didn't know about her husband's background.

So 2 foreirners with a kid living in Thailand, were they working???...........where were they getting money from?..probably from his shady past if it wasnt from still dealing now.....no sympathy for drug dealers whatsoever and yes it is the kid that suffers.

Myself and wife are two farangs living in Thailand for over 6 years does that mean we should be tarred with the same paint brush !! I hope not !!!

As normal I suggest a good long stay in the Bkk Hilton for guys like this but in this case looks like he has been a good boy for 20 years plus. I think forget about it and leave him alone.

Good job. I always feel a bit of pitty though for guys like this who have been able to keep their head under the radar (police) for so long. I want to believe they turned their life around in that time I suspect this guy was either still up to no good or made a heck of a lot in the drug trade back in the day he was still living off of.

He's hardly under the radar if he has a retirement Visa ???? under the radar to me means no visa and long overstay

???It's about what (the point of this story)US good job ??-but it have no smth real for they do this job.How attentive thai police ??-no,And bit difficalt to beleive in reality of story just like dall pulp fiction ,Or the one point of it just to show that Big Brother see u & look out guys)))

sorry but IMHO story absolutly rubbish)))

???It's about what (the point of this story)US good job ??-but it have no smth real for they do this job.How attentive thai police ??-no,And bit difficalt to beleive in reality of story just like dall pulp fiction ,Or the one point of it just to show that Big Brother see u & look out guys)))

sorry but IMHO story absolutly rubbish)))

Could you please assist us by un-frying your brain and trying that letter again?

As normal I suggest a good long stay in the Bkk Hilton for guys like this but in this case looks like he has been a good boy for 20 years plus. I think forget about it and leave him alone.

Would imagine he would be deported back to the states to face charges there. Not sure if he has actually broken any laws in Thailand; understand he was arrested while applying for a retirement visa?

• 1 month later...

Good job. I always feel a bit of pitty though for guys like this who have been able to keep their head under the radar (police) for so long. I want to believe they turned their life around in that time I suspect this guy was either still up to no good or made a heck of a lot in the drug trade back in the day he was still living off of.

He's hardly under the radar if he has a retirement Visa ???? under the radar to me means no visa and long overstay

The US had a hand in locating him. I bet, and he got complacent