Thailand Is The Worlds Brothel.. Too Funny.

LivinLOS

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But come on . . spill the beans. Why have you suddenly adopted this verbose and slightly archaic writing style? It's literally happened in the last couple of weeks.

It might have something to do with the fact that I am nolonger working 80 hours a week and that I'm enjoying the luxuary of early nights. Though this in itself might not be enough. You might need to look a liitle further back to the disturbing possibility that, despite my then best efforts to do otherwise, I might actually have paid some attention at school.

Ahhhh, that must be it.

No offence, but I preferred your previous Hemingway-like style to the new Henry Jamesian approach.

I think you are purposefully miss understanding the term mail order bride.. It doesnt mean they come in the post..

http://en.wikipedia....ail-order_bride

A Mail-order bride is a woman who lists herself in catalogs (online or otherwise) and is selected by men for marriage

English is not my mother language. You may help me and tell me the definition of

1. Mail

2. Order

And some private opinion on the Wikipedia-blog isn't that helpful too.

OK then.. You are aware that in english language usage there are things called idioms right ?? And that an idiom is a word or collection of words whose figurative meaning is not the literal meaning of the words ??

You know this already ??

Hence 'mail order bride' does not mean you get them in the post. It means women, who put themselves onto dating sites and catalogs, to find a (specifically) overseas husband, who will move them to another country and (while not always) usually be a provider / support them. In general its accepted that there will be greater economic advantages to them in the pairing.

And you may help me about my English a bit more:

My sister met her husband on a internet dating site. Is it correct English to call him "Mail Order Husband"?

If she imported him to her country, provided the payment and funding to do so, and in general was the one who made the choices and provided and provides the finance.. Yes I would guess so. I fully expect this kind of thing may happen with men chasing green cards and using western dating sites but it seems to happen at far lower numbers and society seems to view it less negatively.

He is taking the piss...and not very well I might add.

Well, speaking for myself, I don't consider Thailand as the world's brothel and my gf wasn't / isn't a prostitute. I had a child with her for the same reason your parents had you probably.

Ah yes...the subsidy...

Well, speaking for myself, I don't consider Thailand as the world's brothel and my gf wasn't / isn't a prostitute. I had a child with her for the same reason your parents had you probably.

Fancied a shag, probably ?

By the way, like your user name?

jb1

A few weeks ago the headline advert, on Thai Visa read. Meet Sexy Thai girls/Ladies. As I remember TV being caught out some time back by Adult Friendfinder. I thought I would take a look inside. One of the girls advertising, was a young Russian lady living in Pattaya. She didn't mention what she did for a living.

jb1

Have a care.

All of the Members with Chinese/Thai wives with medical degrees, whose fathers own half of Bangkok will be outraged by such a post....

Actually I have many with that criteria. I dont think its to hard to do. The problem is 90% of tv members dont believe you. I think it all depends on your age and looks really.

Thailand is completey different if your young. Maybe its hard for people to comprehend this..

Edited by maiphedmaiaroi
  • Like 1

Have a care.

All of the Members with Chinese/Thai wives with medical degrees, whose fathers own half of Bangkok will be outraged by such a post....

Actually I have many with that criteria. I dont think its to hard to do. The problem is 90% of tv members dont believe you. I think it all depends on your age and looks really.

Thailand is completey different if your young. Maybe its hard for people to comprehend this..

Ya, I know what you mean. I was here at 20 and got some serious good looking stuff for free. Came back at 60 and still got the serious good looking stuff but not for free. Better if you don't realize this when you are young. Say it's a lie. Say it's the old guys dementia. You'll sleep better.

Where did you 'find' her?

Working at my firm's Thai office on one of the many trips I used to make before moving over there to join the firm.

Sorry to disappoint you.

We will get over it, Thai girls are like London bus's, another one will be along in a minute.rolleyes.gif

basically ,none for half an hour and then 3 come at once ? biggrin.png

That's pretty good if you can manage it all by yourself!!! Need help?

Have a care.

Are there only two kinds of Thai women that men marry, do you think? Just because some people don't marry hookers they found in Pattaya Soi 6, doesn't mean that they married Chinese / Thai wives with rich fathers.

There is a middle ground.

My wife's mother was from Issan and her father from Hat Yai. She has a degree from a second-rate university and rather than work in bars she chose to earn much less money working in an office. Now she owns a couple of small shops.

Thailand women are not either hookers at the one extreme or rich hiso girls at the other. 90% of them are in the middle, busy earning a living, dating guys, falling in love, getting married and living perfectly normal lives.

Is that so unusual?

Bendix, this is something that has always confused me, and I agree with you.

Why is it that on threads like these, guys that clearly married a hooker throw up the sarcastic response that guys who challenge or comment must have married a hi-so, university educated, Chinese?

Lets assume that 5% of Thai women are hookers and maybe 5% are hi-so Chinese. That leaves 90% of normal girls that are available. Them odds is pretty good for finding a normal Thai girl.

Why is it that on threads like these, guys that clearly married a hooker throw up the sarcastic response that guys who challenge or comment must have married a hi-so, university educated, Chinese?

Lets assume that 5% of Thai women are hookers and maybe 5% are hi-so Chinese. That leaves 90% of normal girls that are available. Them odds is pretty good for finding a normal Thai girl.

That would be true, were it not for the fact that the "Odds" are heavily influenced by where exactly it is you go looking for your girl.

That would be true, were it not for the fact that the "Odds" are heavily influenced by where exactly it is you go looking for your girl.

Not only that but your ability to communicate may be even more important than where you choose to communicate.

Few people on this forum have any difficulty agreeing that Thais are xenophobic and racist but there is a substantial minority who think Thais really don't care if you speak Thai!

Ah yes...the subsidy...

Sorry, can you be a bit clearer - I don't understand what you are trying to say?

If you're a white farang, almost every thai girl will say she's in love with you. Think they're more in love with your nationality than the actual person.

You need to get out of the bars - sorry I know it's a clichéd response on here but if you believe what you typed, it's applicable in this case.

If you're a white farang, almost every thai girl will say she's in love with you. Think they're more in love with your nationality than the actual person.

You need to get out of the bars - sorry I know it's a clichéd response on here but if you believe what you typed, it's applicable in this case.

I understand what you said. Get out of the bars and into the bleaching salons, right? Or do I have it wrong? Hi so people don't want to be white and have a diploma from a Western University and speak English? No. Maybe I'm wrong.

I understand what you said. Get out of the bars and into the bleaching salons, right? Or do I have it wrong? Hi so people don't want to be white and have a diploma from a Western University and speak English? No. Maybe I'm wrong.

Wealthy Thai people might want their children to speak English and attend University in the West but I don't think they want to take British or American nationality and they certainly don't need to tell down-at-heel Westerners that they love then in order to achieve the aforementioned aims. If, by hi-so, you actually mean high society Thais, rather than anybody who can afford a new car and goes to Paragon (a common misconception among TV posters from my experience), they certainly don't need the help of Western expats in order to graduate from foreign universities and learn how to speak English.

On the other hand, if you mean that because they wish to speak English and have white skin, they love Westerners with those qualities, you are also very much mistaken.

Edited by inthepink

Wealthy Thai people might want their children to speak English and attend University in the West but I don't think they want to take British or American nationality and they certainly don't need to tell down-at-heel Westerners that they love then in order to achieve the aforementioned aims. If, by hi-so, you actually mean high society Thais, rather than anybody who can afford a new car and goes to Paragon (a common misconception among TV posters from my experience), they certainly don't need the help of Western expats in order to graduate from foreign universities and learn how to speak English.

On the other hand, if you mean that because they wish to speak English and have white skin, they love Westerners with those qualities, you are also very much mistaken.

Well we are on the same page here. She is not in love with a Western guy she is in love with his nationality (appearance.) I think that is what you are saying. Although I don't think you know it is what you are saying. You see when you say, “Wealthy Thai people might want their children to speak English and attend University in the West” you are saying, wealthy Thai people realize Western education and English are more important, better than a Thai education and Thai college Thai language skills. Given wealthy Thai people realize this it is much of a stretch to realize lesser moneyed people might think the same thing.

Well we are on the same page here. She is not in love with a Western guy she is in love with his nationality (appearance.) I think that is what you are saying. Although I don't think you know it is what you are saying. You see when you say, “Wealthy Thai people might want their children to speak English and attend University in the West” you are saying, wealthy Thai people realize Western education and English are more important, better than a Thai education and Thai college Thai language skills. Given wealthy Thai people realize this it is much of a stretch to realize lesser moneyed people might think the same thing.

I don't think we are on the same page at all. Wanting to speak English and have white skin is not the same as being in love with the appearance of Western people who have those qualities. Also, I don't think they realise that English is more important than Thai, I think they realise that English language skills are equally important. You would not get very far in Thailand if you could not speak Thai after all.

However, regardless of which one of us is right, I believe that the poster who said almost all Thai girls will tell you they love you but really they only love your nationality was implying something completely different, i.e. that they see you as a way to get a British or American passport. I could be wrong of course (about what he meant).

I'm lost here. I'm married to a lovely Thai lady, a lecturer ,we've been married for many years and it's great. She's more honest than any western woman I've known and her family are good people. yes, she wants a western PhD for good academic reasons,they are better regarded than the Thai equivalent. But for the rest, so many people here are talking cr*p. It's down to people, individuals, stop all this stereotyping and live.

• Like 1

My sister met her husband on a internet dating site. Is it correct English to call him "Mail Order Husband"?

No...'desperate' would suit better.

You might try telling that to the millions who have met their partner online, but I think they would laugh at you.

• Like 1

I think you are purposefully miss understanding the term mail order bride.. It doesnt mean they come in the post..

http://en.wikipedia....ail-order_bride

A Mail-order bride is a woman who lists herself in catalogs (online or otherwise) and is selected by men for marriage

English is not my mother language. You may help me and tell me the definition of

1. Mail

2. Order

And some private opinion on the Wikipedia-blog isn't that helpful too.

And you may help me about my English a bit more:

Where I get really confused is if they are from different countries and especially the lower social economic countries they are mail order brides, but if they are from the same country (which I would suggest with the local dating sites available now has a higher strike rate than the overseas version) they are not mail order brides.

I don't think we are on the same page at all. Wanting to speak English and have white skin is not the same as being in love with the appearance of Western people who have those qualities. Also, I don't think they realise that English is more important than Thai, I think they realise that English language skills are equally important. You would not get very far in Thailand if you could not speak Thai after all.

However, regardless of which one of us is right, I believe that the poster who said almost all Thai girls will tell you they love you but really they only love your nationality was implying something completely different, i.e. that they see you as a way to get a British or American passport. I could be wrong of course (about what he meant).

Well are you not getting as tiresome as that other windbag on here? - "Bendox" with your harping about Thai girls, give it a rest.

More interesting would be your views on what criteria meets "down at heel westerners", no doubt you have met many in the bars that we should all get out of.

ph34r.png

Well are you not getting as tiresome as that other windbag on here? - "Bendox" with your harping about Thai girls, give it a rest.

More interesting would be your views on what criteria meets "down at heel westerners", no doubt you have met many in the bars that we should all get out of.

ph34r.png

I get tired of the sweeping generalisations made by those who choose to bottom feed over here but that will never stop them from posting their inane drivel so I don't really care whether you find me tiresome or not to be honest. You are free to voice your opinion (no matter how annoying I may find that fact) and I am free to voice mine, until we are told otherwise.

Down at heel Westerners - I would say are those who seriously think that every Thai girl is after a relationship with a foreigner or wishes to acquire another nationality. I am assuming they are not very far up the social ladder because of the opinions they hold, which speak volumes about the Thai people with whom they mix. I've met a few in bars yes. Nothing wrong with visiting bars if you like them. I used to go to strip pubs in London but it never led me to believe that the majority of British girls would take their clothes off and dance on a pool table if you threw them £20.

Edited by inthepink
  • Like 1

ph34r.png

I get tired of the sweeping generalisations made by those who choose to bottom feed over here but that will never stop them from posting their inane drivel so I don't really care whether you find me tiresome or not to be honest. You are free to voice your opinion (no matter how annoying I may find that fact) and I am free to voice mine, until we are told otherwise.

Down at heel Westerners - I would say are those who seriously think that every Thai girl is after a relationship with a foreigner or wishes to acquire another nationality. I am assuming they are not very far up the social ladder because of the opinions they hold, which speak volumes about the Thai people with whom they mix. I've met a few in bars yes. Nothing wrong with visiting bars if you like them. I used to go to strip pubs in London but it never led me to believe that the majority of British girls would take their clothes off and dance on a pool table if you threw them £20.

Thank god for that.