KRS1

Would you live in a trailer home  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Live in a Trailer Home

• Yes I dont care what others think
    • Yes if its a better deal than a regular house
    • Definately not... I dont want to be accused of being a redneck

This poll is closed to new votes

These are REAL houses including proper grounds, the ones built here are the substandard ones on every level which is why they are affordable and BTW also not portable which is the idea if a problem with wife or land lord just move your house which isn't possible with a concrete block and substandard brick shack....

Ok sorry for being slow; now I understand... you want to live in a caravan so you can stay living in the same place, but in a different place, in case you have an argument with your wife, and you want to move out, but not move out, just move the place you live, but still live in the same place, somewhere else, without her but in her house with her stuff... sorry I still don't get it... what does your wife think about this plan?

No apparently you are still shy of the mark.. First off silly you it's still not a caravan but based on your nik I understand your being as you said "slow". My wife couldn't care less as it has nothing to do with us, it's the OP who's inquiring and I'm merely pointing out why it's better all around, personally I'll never own a house here as I'm much smarter then that..

Curious though where do you get "her house" and "her stuff" from?

I got taken on holiday to Skegness once and was forced to sleep in a caravan for a week,never again do I want to rent,live or become involved with a caravan,static home,fold out camper or tent,I like concrete homes I do.

So is there something in the water over there? Even with illustrations some are still too slow to understand these are not caravans. :rolleyes: Not even in the British sense..

These are REAL houses including proper grounds, the ones built here are the substandard ones on every level which is why they are affordable and BTW also not portable which is the idea if a problem with wife or land lord just move your house which isn't possible with a concrete block and substandard brick shack....

Ok sorry for being slow; now I understand... you want to live in a caravan so you can stay living in the same place, but in a different place, in case you have an argument with your wife, and you want to move out, but not move out, just move the place you live, but still live in the same place, somewhere else, without her but in her house with her stuff... sorry I still don't get it... what does your wife think about this plan?

No apparently you are still shy of the mark.. First off silly you it's still not a caravan but based on your nik I understand your being as you said "slow". My wife couldn't care less as it has nothing to do with us, it's the OP who's inquiring and I'm merely pointing out why it's better all around, personally I'll never own a house here as I'm much smarter then that..

Just being slow sorry...

BUT I have had another look and those photos are definetely showing caravans

I got taken on holiday to Skegness once and was forced to sleep in a caravan for a week,never again do I want to rent,live or become involved with a caravan,static home,fold out camper or tent,I like concrete homes I do.

So is there something in the water over there? Even with illustrations some are still too slow to understand these are not caravans. Not even in the British sense..

Two against one... we win... they are caravans

Just being slow sorry...

BUT I have had another look and those photos are definetely showing caravans

No they aren't, they're manufactured homes, caravans commonly termed "trailers" where I come from are towed behind your car or truck for trips and travels on the weekends or a holiday.

You do understand the definition of a caravan where the word originates from don't you? Here let me help you..

car·a·van

[kar-uh-van] Show IPA

noun, verb,

-vaned

or

-vanned,

-van·ing

or

-van·ning.

noun

a group of travelers, as merchants or pilgrims, journeyingtogether for safety in passing through deserts, hostileterritory, etc.

any group traveling in or as if in a caravan and using aspecific mode of transportation, as pack animals or motorvehicles: a caravan of trucks; a camel caravan.

a large covered vehicle for conveying passengers, goods, asideshow, etc.; van.

Chiefly British . a house on wheels; trailer.

verb (used with object)

to carry in or as if in a caravan: Trucks caravaned food andmedical supplies to the flood's survivors.

Even by the British definition these are not caravans as they aren't intended to travel..

Edited by WarpSpeed

So is there something in the water over there? Even with illustrations some are still too slow to understand these are not caravans. Not even in the British sense..

Two against one... we win... they are caravans

Hmm 2 against one that sounds like a familiar tact but still you'd need a few more Brits to even come close I'm afraid, it would require at least 10 or more.. coffee1.gif

Edited by WarpSpeed

In Australia we would call that a transportable, located and relocated on wheels but not intended to to remain on wheels. Positioned with a crane on stumps.

Caravan is usually towed behind a vehicle, is on wheels and remains on those wheels.

Housemartins, great song, ironic with a name like the housemartins they sing about caravanning.

I guess the OP's question is relating to the stigma living in a caravan or trailer. I would not like to live in a trailer park or caravan park because of the stigma, the people in those places being questionable. I have worked hard to give my family a home and my kids somewhere to be proud to live. The other option is not an option.

I have seen some nice relocatable homes but you won't find them in trailer / caravan parks. they are sited on private land.

How about this?

You can buy shipping containers and put them together; the possibilities are endless. I saw some photos of one made from like 4 X 40' containers in Isaan and it was very beautiful with different levels, stairways from one to the other, beautiful garden, etc. Can't find the photos at the moment.

Cripes; reminds me of when in my past life I went looking for missing containers by the dozen in Nigeria. You can probably guess; I found a lot of people living in them, no mod-cons,just holes cut in the sides for windows and a hole in the roof for the fire stack. My later report read....$3 million loss of containers and contents unrecoverable !

I dont mean trailers or caravans, i am talking about mobile homes.

Got the subject heading mixed up. I wouldnt live in a trailer or caravan either.

But a mobile home would definately be an option.

The prebuilt trailer homes are actually very well constructed. You would learn that if you ever tried to renovate one. They have a very basic, plain design, but are really quite practical. We aren't talking about the trailers that are towed behind private vehicles... although even those can be very nice. Their only drawback is lack of storage, but that can be fixed by adding a heated shed. In a country like Thailand where a foreigner can't own land then it might be a practical solution if you can rent a nice piece of property.

What is your objection to the travel trailer? I have a 9 ft camper on my truck and have lived comfortably in it for months at a time... even in the winter when it's minus 20 degrees. The bed is as comfortable as the one I have in my home. I have a furnace, a stove, a fridge and a toilet.

Burnt_17.jpg

Jeep_road_3_Sierras.jpg

I lived in one on the Roaring fork river outside Aspen Colorado for 6 months and loved it.

Biggest problem is make sure ur neighbors are like u as there not exactly well insulated and if u have noisy neighbors ur in for hell.

Forget actual trailers - use shipping containers!

I have seen them converted into quite livable homes, and they are used as components in architecturally designed housing worldwide.

If find a good cabinetmaker experienced with yacht interiors you could create a great space that is secure and certainly doesn't advertise your wealth from the outside.

Very cheap and easy to transport, even internationally. Secure leases of raw land aren't expensive.

Alternative energy tech lets you get off the grid if you really value privacy.

Not expensive to have a local live in a shack to protect your property while you're away.

How about this?

You can buy shipping containers and put them together; the possibilities are endless. I saw some photos of one made from like 4 X 40' containers in Isaan and it was very beautiful with different levels, stairways from one to the other, beautiful garden, etc. Can't find the photos at the moment.

About two weeks back Yahoo had a feature item on homes made from containers. It includes several websites with lots of dsign ideas and many were very interesting. If interested maybe a search of old Yahoo features would find the sites.

Judging by the large numbers of trailer park trash that appear to be landing here lately, I would think that many would feel very much at home in a trailer home.

The problem is that this may entice even more to come over.

Hmmm, ; l do wonder about your info, or better still, photos. cowboy.gif

Caravans, mobile homes, demountable homes, transportable homes....whatever you call them, it would drive me NUTS to live in one of them!

Flimsy, lightweight, hard to modify, redecorate/ remodel etc, just not for me really.

Personally, I prefer shipping containers!!!!

Straight on a truck and you're away!

ps...I said SHIPPING!

b j.

Judging by the large numbers of trailer park trash that appear to be landing here lately, I would think that many would feel very much at home in a trailer home.

do you mean the new people arriving who seem to want to meet up with ex pats already here for

a drink ? .. to " network ' ? .. to go clubbing ? ..or find naugthty plants all of a sudden ?

if so ,,,, heres another one on his way from sunderland uk and he expects to arrive in chiang mai sometime next year

enjoy .. dave2

post-42592-0-56008900-1333329920_thumb.j

Caravans, mobile homes, demountable homes, transportable homes....whatever you call them, it would drive me NUTS to live in one of them!

Flimsy, lightweight, hard to modify, redecorate/ remodel etc, just not for me really.

Personally, I prefer shipping containers!!!!

Straight on a truck and you're away!

ps...I said SHIPPING!

Oh no!

They didn't post my photo, maybe because I just joined. :-(