Can I Joke About The Thai Government Publicly?

pritch84

Hello! So I have an idea for a movie and I'm currently planning and writing up a plot/storyline. I live in Thailand so don't want to piss anyone off! So if I was to say in my movie that the government had been poisoning their population on purpose for some reason which had caused something awful to happen and then show the thai media declaring everything is ok etc when the worlds media are saying its a deathzone right now etc etc... Would this be ok for a storyline or would I possibly get in trouble? Its a comedy/horror zombie type movie with a difference. Just a dream...

hehe, unfortunately I have to create a trailer first to find investors... The trailer pretty much will give away the plot which is a group outside the government giving a drug to control the population that goes terribly wrong!

However I think your idea of getting arrested for a movie could be great marketing ;)

A vicious satire is a great idea...and just think...it will have a cult following when you go to jail for your art...

Edit: For slurs against humanity.

If he gets himself executed it would probably get an oscar!

How about if I simply say a group working outside of the Thai government was responsible for creating a drug for birth control that caused a zombie apocalypse? :D Like seriously would I be likely to get in any trouble for that? Can you legally criticise the government if you wanted to seriously as a sidenote?

Before you proceed too far, seriously research the libel and slander laws here. They are draconian. And even if you win a case, you can still lose. I would highly recommend you say nothing about the government right now. It's a bit delicate at the moment.

hehe, unfortunately I have to create a trailer first to find investors... The trailer pretty much will give away the plot which is a group outside the government giving a drug to control the population that goes terribly wrong!

However I think your idea of getting arrested for a movie could be great marketing wink.png

Sounds like a documentary on Yaba.

• Like 1

I'm writing up a general plot idea. It's nothing serious, just a zombie movie and obviously you need some kind of reason for all the zombies! All i'll be saying is it was a shadow group of the government or something to that effect that made the drug that made the zombies! I'm a videographer from Phuket and this is just a bit of a dream...

I'm writing up a general plot idea. It's nothing serious, just a zombie movie and obviously you need some kind of reason for all the zombies! All i'll be saying is it was a shadow group of the government or something to that effect that made the drug that made the zombies! I'm a videographer from Phuket and this is just a bit of a dream...

I'd propose you review your "general plot idea" once you quit from whatever you are taking...

I can presume you're a geriatric by your username and as such a zombie movie would be beyond your understanding and I may add that most of the greatest works of art throughout human history, have been made while under the influence of drugs! So maybe I should start taking something.

Most people don't watch snuff movies, that's just sick. I forgot how bad forums were for people being the over opinionated <deleted> they always wished they could be in real life! Thanks anyone who actually gave some useful input here :) If you don't like my idea then I hope when the ladyboy apocalypse is upon us, you're amongs the first to be eaten!

However I think your idea of getting arrested for a movie could be great marketing wink.png

It worked for Michael Moore.. smile.png Though it wouldn't be my preference for a marketing plan, a bit too extreme for me..

Edited by WarpSpeed

I can presume you're a geriatric by your username and as such a zombie movie would be beyond your understanding and I may add that most of the greatest works of art throughout human history, have been made while under the influence of drugs! So maybe I should start taking something.

Geriatric? Based on what 1960?? :cheesy: :cheesy:

IF you made the bad guy an evil yaba drug lord in a neighboring country who turned to some obscure chemical ingrediant because his sorce of good stuff was succesfully cut off by the Thai govt they would probabaly support you in making it.

Most people don't watch snuff movies, that's just sick. I forgot how bad forums were for people being the over opinionated <deleted> they always wished they could be in real life! Thanks anyone who actually gave some useful input here smile.png If you don't like my idea then I hope when the ladyboy apocalypse is upon us, you're amongs the first to be eaten!

Brilliant.

A sort of Cannibal holocaust and the twist being the savages are all ladyboys.

I love the angle here.

All you need to add is nudity, bad language and lashings of unnecessary violence, than we have an academy award winner for sure.

And how you feel about my joking around is exactly how the Thai authorities will view your sense of human in a movie about them.

I think this answers your question.

Edited by Beetlejuice