Ombudsman: Royal Thai Police Found To Be Most Corrupt

webfact

Ombudsman: Royal Thai Police found to be most corrupt

BANGKOK, 29 March 2012 (NNT) - The Office of the Ombudsman Thailand has reported its success over the past 12 years, saying the Royal Thai Police has been found to be the most corrupt agency in Thailand.

Chief Ombudsman Panit Nitithanprapas announced that for the past 12 years, nearly 25,000 cases out of over 26,000 reported to the Office have already been completed.

Mrs Panit said the complaints lodged with the Office have been directed against the Royal Thai Police the most, followed by the Department of Provincial Administration. Most of the corruption reports have been on unfair concession bidding processes.

The Office of the Ombudsman of Thailand will celebrate its 12th anniversary on April 3rd at the UN Headquarters in Bangkok. Privy Council President General Prem Tinsulanonda will present awards for people with great morals.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-03-29 footer_n.gif

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Office of the Ombudsman Thailand has reported its success over the past 12 years, saying the Royal Thai Police has been found to be the most corrupt agency in Thailand.

Why am I not suprised?

Edited by pimay11

The Office of the Ombudsman of Thailand will celebrate its 12th anniversary on April 3rd at the UN Headquarters in Bangkok.

Not entirely clear about what there is to celebrate....

Apparently it is a cause for celebration that they have waded through 25000 cases in 12 years.

Are there figures for how many cases resulted in anything other than 25000 new inactive posts?

• Like 2

It takes real effort to stay at the top for so long, it appears that they have refined their talents to a world class level. They should be lauded by all organised crime syndicates as a beacon of success to be copied, studied and their attitude exported as a pinnacle of Thai achievement.

In fact, maybe someone could patent them....

Edited by Thai at Heart

Thaksins ex bother in law--the boss of the most corrupt Agency ??? franchise ??? this news will hurt the family pride with them being so good a roll model for transparency ---pewk

Do'nt forget Thaksin also came from the police ranks

• Like 1

The most corrupt agency in Thailand... that's quite an achievement. I'm sure their boss will be very proud, whoever he is.

Thaksin's ex-brother-in-law.

/ Priceless

OMG!........ how embarrassing. I do hope Yingluck had nothing to do with his appointment.

• Like 1

Thaksins ex bother in law--the boss of the most corrupt Agency ??? franchise ??? this news will hurt the family pride with them being so good a roll model for transparency ---pewk

Do'nt forget Thaksin also came from the police ranks

And of course over the last 12 years has been in sole charge of the Thai police, even if not in government or in the country........quite an achievement...coffee1.gif

I guess if there was a push for higher police salaries, government provided and equiped vehicles, suitable pension funds etc.......then as with the minimum wage rise we would have the majority of members returning to the Tvisa wailing wall

Edited by 473geo

I wonder how many posters on here have added to it through bribing police with cash in order to not be given a driving tickets....

Be honest please. rolleyes.gif

Applies to Thai and other Asians/Africans only.

No Farang will even think of paying brib in Thailand, or any where else in this world.

I wonder how many posters on here have added to it through bribing police with cash in order to not be given a driving tickets....

Be honest please. rolleyes.gif

I think you're missing the point. Honest police wouldn't accept your bribe in the first place.

Bribe?.... on the spot fine?......the corrupt part being it does not reach the government

The only reason the royal thai police force beat out the compitetion for this award is the shear number within the organization. The inactive group is close on their tail, with civil servants and elected officials fast coming up on the inside.

• Like 1