Help

I have a 1984-85ish rear wheel drive Corolla which originally had a 1.3 liter, but I guess that's a different 1.3 - the older one was a push-rod engine, I think yours is a 'overhead cam' engine.

A mechanic of mine often offers to swap out the engine (actually I have a 1 liter in it at the moment) for the newer 1.6 liter, which is the most common Toyota engine around now (the one you see in most Bangkok taxicabs for instance). He says that the swap would be around 30,000 baht, as the engines are quite cheap used from Japan. You might ask the mechanic about a 1.6 used engine from Japan.

Why don't you take it to a place that do rebuilds. ?

Maybe it's beyond a rebuild?

post-49205-0-50632300-1333428611_thumb.j

Yes very helpful how about a place that does rebuilds - Where??|??

Actually it needs a crankshaft or a crankshaft regrind

I was just replying to Kwasaki's reply. As per your op, you needed a new enginge or a short block, so I asumed the worst scenario. Hence my reply to him. smile.png

Why don't you take it to a place that do rebuilds. ?

Maybe it's beyond a rebuild?

post-49205-0-50632300-1333428611_thumb.j

Yes very helpful how about a place that does rebuilds - Where??|??

Actually it needs a crankshaft or a crankshaft regrind

I wouldn't of thought that would be to much of a problem I know of a guy near us that can do almost anything so I sure if you ask around your area there has to be someone who can undertake to do it.

Have you tried asking at your nearest Toyota dealer, good place to start or a " Cockpit " outlet or " B-Quick outlet.