Where Are You On The Global Pay Scale?

If I use US and UK equivalents of my salary they're fairly close, but using Thailand it's a factor of 2 bigger against the World Average.

The 'How it's Worked Out' link holds the clue, those are not real dollars they are 'spending power' dollars.

If I use US and UK equivalents of my salary they're fairly close, but using Thailand it's a factor of 2 bigger against the World Average.

The 'How it's Worked Out' link holds the clue, those are not real dollars they are 'spending power' dollars.

My bad

these types of things IMO don't mean much. The measuring stick should be, can you travel, have a roof over your head and eat 3 square meals a day and still afford to put a little money away for rainy days. I have known people in indonesia who were earning 1 dollar a day who had a much better standard of living than many wage earners in developed countries.

• Like 1

The measuring stick should be, can you travel, have a roof over your head and eat 3 square meals a day and still afford to put a little money away for rainy days. I have known people in indonesia who were earning 1 dollar a day who had a much better standard of living than many wage earners in developed countries.

+1 if you'd add: "can you and your kids get treated if you get sick?"

Edited by impulse