How Do Parents Feel When Their Son ( Or Daughter ) Is Gay

duiter

Who's fighting and fussing ??.....seems to be you guys making the fuss, not me.

I am not concerned about my son, he dislikes girls at school...which is normal for his age...he and I do boyz stuff all the time, last night we caught a rat and had 'rat races' ...he held the dog while I held the cat and then released the rat.....we nailed a dead bat to a plank the other day and put it in the sun to dry....we searched the river bed the other day at our farm and found dead dog bones and teeth...he sells them at school as tigers teeth and bones....

He still might be gay though. :) My little brother was the same, very boyish when younger, even bought home women and never acts gay in the slightest. But he is bisexual.

Why do you have such an issue if your son was gay but not your daughter?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you have such an issue if your son was gay but not your daughter?

Not the kind of thing to discuss about one's daughter.

But lesbians are hot.....unless they are the fat butch ones of course.

Edited by samsiam

Good thing your daughter doesn't have Down's syndrome or something like that because those people are so rarely hot. God forbid your children won't be hot. What's the point of raising children who are not hot? crazy.gif

Children are not hot....your view is a worry.

Adults can be though.......you are correct, most people with downs syndrome are not found on the cover of sports illustrated.

Good thing your daughter doesn't have Down's syndrome or something like that because those people are so rarely hot. God forbid your children won't be hot. What's the point of raising children who are not hot? crazy.gif

Children are not hot....your view is a worry.

Adults can be though.......you are correct, most people with downs syndrome are not found on the cover of sports illustrated.

Your view is a worry actually. I was talking about you not me. Don't try to twist it like you do. You are OK with your daughter being gay because lesbians are hot. You pretty much said that directly! You are not OK with your son being gay because gay men disgust you (I'm guessing, correct me if I'm wrong). Edited by Jingthing

Hey....your words not mine...but thanks for attempting mime.

I don't twist either, never liked dancing.

The topic title is 'how do parents feel blah blah'......I as a parent would not want my son to be gay....its that simple, I want him to be normal.

Hey....your words not mine...but thanks for attempting mime.

I don't twist either, never liked dancing.

The topic title is 'how do parents feel blah blah'......I as a parent would not want my son to be gay....its that simple, I want him to be normal.

Now you are backtracking.

You said:

If my daughter was gay no real issue from me....but my son.....nope, no way jose.

Maybe you have been misunderstood about this. Yes, parents generally WANT their children to be heterosexual. But, IF your son DID turn out to be gay, would you still love him as much as if he was straight, and show him that you love him as much?

Edited by Jingthing

I am not backtracking, how is that backtracking... nor misunderstood....I clearly understood what the title said and I stated such.....

You don't have to answer my direct question about loving you gay son, of course. But don't think the readers didn't notice that you didn't. ermm.gif

Oh lordy.....but he is not gay....he is only 10 years old.

The question was IF he turns out to be gay. Which is always a possibility. Then what? Still love him as much? Or not? You don't need to answer but of course I hope you do. Because the answer to that says it all.

loving you gay son, ermm.gif

You said he was gay....not if....

Just to be clear......what will my answer tell you when/if i do answer it ??

You, sir, are unbelievable!

Me:

But, IF your son DID turn out to be gay, would you still love him as much as if he was straight, and show him that you love him as much?

The answer, to me, would tell me whether you are a decent human being, or not. Not saying everyone would feel that way. It's telling that you're stalling so much with the answer. I think we know the answer already.

To be clear: you don't need to answer. Up to you. I think it would clarify much if you did, but please don't feel pressured.

Edited by Jingthing

Ok....let me think about

loving you gay son, ermm.gif

You said he was gay....not if....

Just to be clear......what will my answer tell you when/if i do answer it ??

You, sir, are unbelievable!

Me:

But, IF your son DID turn out to be gay, would you still love him as much as if he was straight, and show him that you love him as much?

The answer, to me, would tell me whether you are a decent human being, or not. Not saying everyone would feel that way. It's telling that you're stalling so much with the answer. I think we know the answer already.

To be clear: you don't need to answer. Up to you. I think it would clarify much if you did, but please don't feel pressured.

Ok, let me think about it a tad....gotta go pick him up from boot camp just now, we enrolled him into boxing lessons this afternoon.......and gotta check out the sausage thread quickly before I go......back in an hour or 2.

OMG, if you have to think about it w00t.gif ... the answer of unconditional love for your SON should be automatic.

BTW, just so you know, being gay is not unheard of among Muay Thai boxers.

Edited by Jingthing

Now....where were we.....

I think your need to know is bigger than my need to tell to a bunch of imaginary friends on the internet.

I already know. thumbsup.gif (Because you already told us.) Edited by Jingthing

OMG, if you have to think about it w00t.gif ... the answer of unconditional love for your SON should be automatic.

BTW, just so you know, being gay is not unheard of among Muay Thai boxers.

I second this... The fact that you have to go away and think about it means that your love is not unconditional. Very sad. :(

• Like 2

Because rejection of gay kids by their parents is directly related to high rates of suicide, depression, homelessness, prostitution, HIV disease, and drug addiction among gay youth worldwide. This is well documented.

Not "telling" anybody to do anything. If this man can't feel the love if he's tested this way, that's just really sad.

Edited by Jingthing

I left my kids and ex-wife behind in Germany around 2004, a bad divorce made it impossible to stay and my kids were full of the rubbish their mum told them.

A few years later my daughter started to reach out and contact me, it was an email every 3 months or something, then we started to use Facebook to talk, and I noticed immediately that she was with another young lady, she told me that they were partners, at no stage was I annoyed or anything, I was just happy that she had someone with whom she wanted to be with. They have been together for a few years now, and I hope to welcome them here one day.

When I told my mum about my daughter she was as calm as usual, and accepted it as well.

("Conversation" with samsiam has reached its end.)

Whats that mean...too far.....only discussing what you have already stated.

As for me being damaged....you can read about it in my book if you like and then come to a decision.....

lol...am I on ignore....guess that proves my point in itself then.

Edited by samsiam