Tour Agent Kata Beach

baancamp

Hi there.

I am coming to Kata beach in may, looking for a thaiagent/tour company for ferry ticket to koh phiphi.

Can some of you maybe give me name and telephone nr. for this?

Thanks for good information and good debate here.

Just get a taxi to Rassada port in the morning - easy to buy a ticket just before you board.

Normally I find it easier to buy transfer to the ferry and ferry ticket as one package. But with a late arrival, yes, I'll second seaeagle.

Opposite (facing7 eleven) left of Little Star restaurant and soi Kata central......room rental joint .....grab a beer and ask at sports bar on the corner if your lost ....he is American...next to coffee shop /Italian restaurant..suggest arrive and explore and negotiate...!? Also can ask a TAWAN bar at end of soi..good people and will direct you.....

Just get a taxi to Rassada port in the morning - easy to buy a ticket just before you board.

And much more expensive!

If you have already booked your accommodation then use an online booking service. If you haven't then think about staying

somewhere other than Kata if circumstances allow.

To right and a lot cheaper than the agents, this time of the year seats always available

Hi again - thanks for the answers .

To right and a lot cheaper than the agents, this time of the year seats always available

No, more expensive. Don't forget to include 500 baht for a taxi/tuktuk to Rassada Pier.

No, more expensive. Don't forget to include 500 baht for a taxi/tuktuk to Rassada Pier.

last time i checked at the pier a return day trip including snorkeling and lunch to Pi PI

was 1200 baht bought direct from the ferry office

Yes the road transfer could be expensive for a newbie with no transport

last time i checked at the pier a return day trip including snorkeling and lunch to Pi PI

Peter, if you want to prove your point, buying directly at the pier is cheaper, also post the touragent prices and include transfers to the pier and back as well.

If you use a tour agent it pays to shop around for a decent price, it does not

take long they are everywhere like bars, massage joints and dive shops

About 8 diveshops in Kata. Maybe I have forgotten 1 or 2, so let's make it 10.

But Peter, from the OP: "i need to book from home because come late in kata and have to go morning afte."

The OP is after a ferry, not a day trip. And it is cheaper through an agent.

In my opinion a day trip or ferry ticket is cheaper to buy direct from the

ferry service operator than a tour agent, there are no commissions involved

Again Peter, including transfers you're wrong.

In my opinion a day trip or ferry ticket is cheaper to buy direct from the

ferry service operator than a tour agent, there are no commissions involved

For certain tours/trips you are quite right....but not the Phi Phi ferry. My guests nearly always pay less that the advertised cost of the ferry alone (turn-up price) and that price includes the pickup from Karon. Same in Kata and Patong.

Many tour companies sell their day-trips directly at the brochure price, whereas agents sell at a big discount.

It varies from trip to trip but in most instances in Phuket, you get a better deal from an agent.

It doesn't help the OP, who seems to be arriving too late to use an agent but it might be of interest to others who want to take the ferry to Phi Phi and other islands.