Re-Entry Permit At Survarnabhumi?

A friend needs to get to the USA in a hurry, possible tonight if he can. Does anybody know the Airport Re-Entry Permit situation. As usual, there are many stories but nothing confirmed.

Are re-entry permits available at Survanabhumi and at what hours?

Please don't reply unless you know for sure! Thank you.

06-2400 is the official time and cost is 1,200 baht - allow extra time as airport is extremely crowded and normal advance check-in of 3-4 hours is advised and this will be an extra wait after checkin to obtain.

And I do not know for sure it will be open today or any other day as some have reported seeing nobody around so if that happens best to actively ask.

Re-entry permits only available bewteen 06:00 and 24:00 hours! But in an emergency with proof they might issue outside these hours. Since immirgation is closed today, it is the only possibility.

If he doesn't get one, he needs to have the paperwork to apply for a new visa while abroad.

You don't need to enter the immigration line. Go to the far right hand side of the airport, there is a booth. (With signs directing you there)

Cost is 1,000 baht plus 200 baht 'service charge'. They do the photo and form filling in for you.

Someone said you now need copies of your visa page as well as the photocopy of the passport picture page, but they will probably be able to do it for you.

Make sure you go with penty of time as the immigration queues can be really bad.

I know that this advice will not help the person with the present query but I always get a re-entry permit at the same time I renew my "Retirement" Visa. This means that if I have to leave urgently for business or family reasons I know that I do not have to worry about re-entry and protects my visa for the full 12 months. Some may consider it an unnecessary expense but I consider it as just part of the overall visa cost and it gives me peace of mind.

Edited by Billmont

How have I missed this?

And all this time I've been going to the local immigration office to get my re-entry permit.

Feeling like a jack ass right now.

No, you haven't missed anything...

The airport desk for re-entry permits is only available to those with a boarding pass that same day for an outbound international flight...and only if you don't already have any kind of valid re-entry permit already in your passport.

Also, the line or queue, if any, for the re-entry permit desk at the airport is entirely separate from the immigration queue line, though they're in the same hall area...

Generally speaking, if you need a re-entry permit for an outbound flight that day, I'd go to the re-entry permit desk first, since it's on the front side of the Immigration area...before you get to the officer desks where they'll stamp you out of the country/into the security screening area and departures terminal.

06-2400 is the official time and cost is 1,200 baht - allow extra time as airport is extremely crowded and normal advance check-in of 3-4 hours is advised and this will be an extra wait after checkin to obtain.

And I do not know for sure it will be open today or any other day as some have reported seeing nobody around so if that happens best to actively ask.

I posted details about this recently on a similar thread complete with the phone number of the re-entry officer 02 134 0311. Got my re-entry permit with no problem at all on Monday 26th March. The desk was manned by 2 people in the morning and a single person on the Sunday afternoon when I went to locate it. The entrance is signposted Re-Entry Visa above the 'doorway'. It is at the end of the aisle of check-in desks opposite main doorway no 5. The area appears to be boarded up so quite easy to find. Just go through the 'doorway' and turn immediate left.

I would have to say caveat emptor regarding getting

That is the best thing to do, also the airport has limted hours for getting a re-entry permit and it takes time, while the waiting lines at immigration can be very long.

Yes I'd have to say caveat emptor regarding getting a permit at the airport. I've had cause to fly out of Thailand 4 times in the past month all at the same time of day ( mid-afternoon). Twice the re entry section was manned and twice there wasn't a person in sight and the desk had a "closed'" look about it.. If you have the opportunity to get one at immi on a visit for a 90 day report or the like I'd grab that rather than roll up at the airport thinking getting one there is a cast iron certainty.