90 Day Reporting, Who'S Right Who'S Wrong?

If you are already late for the report, don't do it.

If you do it you will be fined almost 100%. If you don't, there is a high chance you will not get fined at all, and you will avoid wasting your time for this useless report.

Of course this will not be a problem until you try to renew your yearly visa at the same office you should have reported to every 90 days...!!!

Well last time I extended my visa, they didn't say anything. When I told my friends, hey that's sweet, I got lucky or something, I wasn't fined for my lack of 90 days report which I forgot to do last time. They didn't know what I was talking about, none of them had done it ever...

I guess we were all super lucky. Anyway even if there is a 10% chances of not paying the fine, it's still better than 100% chances of paying it if reporting late.

Well last time I extended my visa, they didn't say anything. When I told my friends, hey that's sweet, I got lucky or something, I wasn't fined for my lack of 90 days report which I forgot to do last time. They didn't know what I was talking about, none of them had done it ever...

I guess we were all super lucky. Anyway even if there is a 10% chances of not paying the fine, it's still better than 100% chances of paying it if reporting late.

Well I have a different experience via a collegue of mine, who didnt report for nearly 12 months, went to get his annual renewal and got real grief from the immigration office in addtion to being fined the full amount permissible, so would say you may have been lucky

P.S. I did try to report when in Krabi but they refused to accept.

How very strange !!

Not at all.

You are supposed to report to the Immigration Office that deals with the area you live.

Also the one that issued the Extension.

During the floods, I moved out of town, and the most convenient was to post it to Chaengwattana, which had set up a temporary office for the Nonthaburi immigration office. I had the slip sent to my wife's work in Nonthaburi. When I did initially enquire about this, I was told to report to the office in Nakorn pathom and fill in a different form (as my residential address had temporarily changed to Ratchaburi). I balked at that and posted it instead, no problems.

Also, my school is on good terms with Nonthaburi immigration and I've had them do my reports earlier than the 14 days prior to it being due. I don't like doing that as it means I'm losing days, but sometimes our courier is not available to go at other times.

I only quote from a letter I received from Thai immigration which I believe to be correct, maybe they have moved the goal posts again dunno.smile.png

it says :- Confirmation address 90 days etc.

* Where to inform ? Any Immigration office in Thailand.

* How to inform ?

1. You may at the department by yourself.

2. You mat assignany personto inform the department on your behalf.

3.You may inform the department through a registered mail.

Re:- Tak immigration office Tel No :- 0-5556-3000.

What has changed is that you no longer can report to anny immigration office, but only to the office for the area of where you are staying.

I only quote from a letter I received from Thai immigration which I believe to be correct, maybe they have moved the goal posts again dunno.smile.png

it says :- Confirmation address 90 days etc.

* Where to inform ? Any Immigration office in Thailand.

* How to inform ?

1. You may at the department by yourself.

2. You may assign any person to inform the department on your behalf.

3.You may inform the department through a registered mail.

Re:- Tak immigration office Tel No :- 0-5556-3000 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 0-5556-3000 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

What has changed is that you no longer can report to anny immigration office, but only to the office for the area of where you are staying.

Thanks for confirming the change but I have always posted my 90day to the address area office, and just mark it up on the calender as a reminder for the next one, 17bht EMS no worries.

With what's being said here it must be some area offices obviously not enforcing things like others, I find Maesot pretty strict not only with 90day but with the showing of money part in Thai bank applying for 1 year extension for 3 months not 2 months like others.:)

Edited by Kwasaki

Both reporting and re-entry are specific to your extension of stay location. Only airport/special office will accept re-entry application other than your normal office and this is also true of many for 90 day reports. The 'report at any office' dates back to before immigration moved to have an office in every amphur province several years ago - most will not accept from those outside there area of responsibility now.

If you are 15 days early, i assume the new 90 day period starts from the day that you report. If you are late 7 days, does the new period start from the day that you report or is it back dated to the original date?

I'm not sure you can be 15 days early. Previous experience, they would not accept my reporting until 7 days from the 90th day.