Where Has The Rain Gone

petercallen

In march last year we shifted to Rawai, We have a Klong/ water compensation basin

next to the house and when we sifted in there was water and snake-head fish in it, by

April it was full and had overflowed into the street drains and the fish were breeding

This year it is still bone dry

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I live in Khampaeng Phet province and the rain started a few days ago and we get a bit of rain most afternoons and a good heavy thunderstorm every couple of days.

My fishpond is about 45 x 13 x 2 metres deep and was full to the brim at the end of October and dry as a bone by mid February.

Don't worry too much as the rain is coming to a place near you soon.

It's still wetter than normal. Usually my lawn goes brown and the small stream at the bottom of my garden dries up around late January.

Lawn's been green and the stream has been flowing without interruption for two years now.

Measured my well water and it is much higher than normal for this time of the year.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies we were not sure of the weather pattern in Rawai

is does vary around the island,we have a fairly large garden including a

vegetable patch and pool to top up, usual water bill is 420 baht, in the

last 2 months its jumped to 760 baht, still cheaper than when we rented

a apartment in Kata,2 people and 4 pot plants which the Mrs watered with

the rinse water from the washing machine and charged 500 baht a month

It's still wetter than normal. Usually my lawn goes brown and the small stream at the bottom of my garden dries up around late January.

Lawn's been green and the stream has been flowing without interruption for two years now.

Measured my well water and it is much higher than normal for this time of the year.

My well is 65 metres deep.

I'm getting water at 15 metres deep so i think I'm good for a while.

65m! was that dug by hand or a drilling rig?

Edited by stevehaigh

65m! was that dug by hand or a drilling rig?

Drilling rig.

Wasn't cheap but I'll never run out.

North East, blue sky and no rain. There is however pretty massive cloud formation some 10-20km to the south. Now can also hear thunders.

North East, blue sky and no rain. There is however pretty massive cloud formation some 10-20km to the south. Now can also hear thunders.

Nothing in Rawai mate, the rain normally this time of year comes from thunderstorms which can be very local

Last year a big depression came through in March and then it rained regularly afterwards

Three weeks rain in three hours in Rawai wont have to water

the garden for awhile

i got totally soaked in town around lunch time today but when i got back to my house in Rawai it was dry. we got a bit in the afternoon but not 3 weeks worth. it seems to be very localized.

the garden for awhile

i got totally soaked in town around lunch time today but when i got back to my house in Rawai it was dry. we got a bit in the afternoon but not 3 weeks worth. it seems to be very localized.

It seemed to be raining everywhere around us, Klong got 60cm of water in it

garden waterlogged and pool overflowing as well as the drain pipe which is

supposed to stop the water level getting to high but could not handle the volume

the garden for awhile

supposed to stop the water level getting to high but could not handle the volume

Complaining about too much water now Peter. You're not a farmer are you?

tongue.png

the garden for awhile

Complaining about too much water now Peter. You're not a farmer are you?

tongue.png

Was at one stage in my life mate