Do Anyone Know This Australian Guy Looking For Land In Southern Thailand?

Have any of you brokers out there met this guy from Australia?

He call himself Dale and is most likely from Australia.

Bragging about all the land he has bought in Thailand the past 10 years.

He only buy when the owners agree to finance the deal, he never buy cash.

I want to know if I am the only one who have fallen victim to this guy and cost them a lot of money in commission and a lot of time wasted?

What this guy do is to ask to view a lot of land.

He ask many brokers in the same location.

Then little by little he meet all the owners of the land plots and after chosing what he like and without you knowing he simply contact the sellers directly and offer them to buy without the seller needs to pay the brokers any commission.

This bloke did this to me and my wife this week...

I want to know if any other have met this guy somewhere?

Else I would warn you against him...

When I asked him why he did such a horrible thing against the brokers, he just told me:

"All farang brokers are conmen and I piss them off because I can and because it is my money and it is not their land"....holy crap.

This guy is really an asshol_e so be aware of him!

Yes....and the honest to godness brokers never ever add huge price increases to land they are selling to try to scam out a few extra bob for themselves....and in the meantime screw the vendors around and lose possible sales because of their greed...

It works both ways cuz.

Fair play to the austrailian why pay some middleman who claims to be a broker but is really just a greedy farang trying to push up the price of land to get his commission makes sense and is good advice to only deal with the legal and named owner of the land which due to thai laws is never going to be a farang

P.s this happens all the time even in the rental market

Not to mention the 'agents' that recently dealt with a friend of mine for a block he wanted to buy....they would not put him in touch with the owner.....wanted a deposit paid via them to secure the deal.....he eventually found the owner and the block was not for sale.....

Another agent bashing thread with posts from those that dont know the slightest about real estate. This has happened befor but as I have a very good relationship with all my clients, as soon as a customer approaches them behind my back they call me. Its underhanded to expect an angent to chauffer you around all over and then do the dirty on them. One post on here has already said his friend wanted the owners contact details..why was that, so they could go behind the agents back???...If land or property has an agreed valuation with the owner and that they will pay the agent commission what is the problem..this is how real estate works worlwide but of course Thailand attracts the usual idiots from every far flung cesspit on this earth. The three times this has happened to me, each occassion the buyer has lost out to another purchaser and each time they have come running back to me with their tail between their legs...and I have politly explained if they had just gone through the buying process correctly they would have been OK...still maybe the OP dosnt have that relationship with hs clients, ssomething he should work on.

• Like 1

Because the agent in this country is very often not really selling land that is for sale...or has inflated the price to keep the balance themselves and if an agent will not let you talk to the owner here....it generally is a scam. It is also diligent to find out if the person that owns the land is in fact the same as the one on the title....

I have bought 3 blocks here...all no agent and doubt that I would ever use one.

If you remember that this is the "land of the quick quid" then everything falls into place...there is no requirement to use a "broker" so why would you want one? Unless the deal was too big for you?

One of my friends owns 3 condos and has bought and sold about 6 others in the past -- never with a broker. He just finds a building he likes and asks the property manager if anyone is selling. According to him, the valuations you get from the owner are typically lower than what you will see on the window adverts of the broker offices. This, plus the fact that some brokers ask fairly hefty commissions, even though what seems to happen is a seller walks into their office and just gives them the business. I think that people bypassing the system are showing that the fees may be getting too high.

Having said that, I agree that it's a pretty shitty move to intentionally screw a broker by making him/her show you around all day and pinpoint what you want, then do an end-run to the owner. That's a bit of a douchebag move, IMHO.

i don't like real estate agents but

"Having said that, I agree that it's a pretty shitty move to intentionally screw a broker by making him/her show you around all day and pinpoint what you want, then do an end-run to the owner. That's a bit of a douchebag move, IMHO."

yes i have to agree

Yes, I am an agent.

My wife is Thai and own the company.

And yes, I have a work permit to assist her selling her properties.

I am aware that most buyers out there do not like brokers, because the brokers are "jacking up the prices"....

But not all brokers are alike, right?

In the area where I work the Thai brokers are the worst...they can easily add some 20 to 50% on the property price ;-)

I add 5% to my prices only when the seller do not want to pay the commission.

This Dale guy I never signed a service agreement with him because I have the sole sales right on 4 of the 5 plots he viewed....so no way he could contact the other owners...but the 5th plot was the plot he liked....so it was my luck ;-)

But yeah....I do have a contract with the seller of this plot but he stated that the buyer only bought the land if the seller cut my 5% off the price...

And he had to sell...so he cut the price and now he cannot affird to pay...so suing him and wait 2 years for the case to reach court is pointless...at least we do not want that....

By the way, this is FIRST time in my 15 years in the trade here in LOS that a client has gone behind my back...coz I do protect myself with service agreements....

However even with a signed service agreement some of those nasty buyers can still piss you off and you must then wait 2 or 3 years for the case to reach the court...and many of the buyers know that...

Strange ... Phuket has hundreds of brokers and agents...must be hard to live there and be regarded as the scum of the earth, he he. Everybody hate us brokers...even the sellers who hire us to sell their properties hate us :-)

I must say...if I spoke Thai myself or have a Thai wife, I would also never use a broker myself!

Find the properties yourself and save the 3 to 5% broker fee plus the 10 to 50% "jack-up" fee some of the sleezy brokers add on the top of their prices ;-)

• Like 1

Why dont you like real estate agents ??

I am not one...

I dont like a lot of the agents and I have to work with them......some of the customers are just as bad as wellbiggrin.png

Wrong....some of the customers are WAY WORSE! I have just been lucky only to deal with this Dale guy ;-)

i don't like real estate agents but

"Having said that, I agree that it's a pretty shitty move to intentionally screw a broker by making him/her show you around all day and pinpoint what you want, then do an end-run to the owner. That's a bit of a douchebag move, IMHO."

yes i have to agree

I don't like real estate agents myself...so should I hate myself then? ;-)

One funny thing however in this case is that the 5th plot I offered Dale at a price 200,000 THB lower than the seller's price, because the seller told me he needed a quick sale and would accept a lower price.

But somehow Dale forgot my offer and paid the full price.

He he...this cost him 200,000 THB instead of saving him 140,000 THB as he had imagined by pissing me off....

And of course I told him this and proved it by emails I had sent to him previously...and he went raving mad :-D

Now he accuse ME for pissing off HIM ;-P

http://www.thaivisa....43#entry4434743

I see you are not averse to going direct and screwing the agent to get a better deal yourself.

Well...I visited that agent, inquired about Air Asia..rejected their offer and then bought Thai Air...from the same agent...so nope...I did not buy directly from Thai air... ;-)