Considering New Training Shedule

robblok

Just to show weight loss is not linear

gewicht.jpg

You mentioned a few times that you think your progress is slow. I think your progress has been amazing. I started out in late January at about 107kg and now I'm 104kg (first thing in the morning) and I'm quite satisfied. I figure a 1kg of fat lost in a month is great progress - in actual fact it would be more as I've also gained muscle over this time.

Edited by tropo

Tropo, i think i gained some muscle too. Maybe i just wanted too much, but unlike you i do count my calories that might make a difference.

The thing is i always read about people loosing so much but i have to realize that these people are usually really overweight. If you got a lot to loose you can go fast. If you dont have that much to loose then it will go slower of course.

But now i understand more about how slow it will go and i have accepted that will take at least 4 months more to get to where i want to go.

As an added note i started to write down my training routine. What weights i used and how many reps and such. I used to do it all in my mind. Now i just want to keep more of a record. Not to brag about the weight but to see how i was feeling that day how i felt i trained and how the reps went. Just read about it on the net that it could help if you really do that over a longer period of time.

Yes i think its possible, it will get harder the closer i get. But still i think it can be done. I am happy with my progress. My first goal is now 95. For me it has significance and then on to 90. Actually the weight is not that important its all about shape. But weight measures easier then shape.

As an added note i started to write down my training routine. What weights i used and how many reps and such. I used to do it all in my mind. Now i just want to keep more of a record. Not to brag about the weight but to see how i was feeling that day how i felt i trained and how the reps went. Just read about it on the net that it could help if you really do that over a longer period of time.

Yeah, I've gone through the process many times before - filling up books upon books of training records. Apart from the fact I'm half blind and would need to put on my reading glasses to fill out a log - I really don't think it offers any advantage at all. Once again, it makes you focus too much on how much you're lifting rather than how the muscle feels on any particular day.

You could end up with injuries trying to equal or better last weeks performance when you really should be using less weight and concentrating more on form and function. I've injured myself a number of times trying to improve my log.

If I was you I'd have a holiday from the book assuming you were diligently writing everything down for your 5x5 program before.

I like the idea of frequently changing the order in which I perform my exercises. For example.... for chest... one day I may perform barbell inclines first and DB inclines 2nd - the following day in the reverse order. Other days I may wish to pre-exhaust my chest doing very strict machine work and/or machine flys. Obviously the weight and reps will vary too much depending on what order I performed the exercises in to be of much use in a log.

In the end my aim is to work the muscle intensely from many different angles. The muscle cannot see how much weight is on the bar or machine. Some days I may speed up my sets - which will reduce how much I can lift even further.

All in all my workouts are fluid and ever changing within an organised framework. Listening to feedback from the body is key to getting a good workout. My workouts are always fast - which also serves as a secondary calorie burner. I wouldn't have much time to write stuff down even if I wanted to.

Edited by tropo

with writing down my experience i don't want to ever increase but i want to record. How i felt, now im going to listen to my body and see how that goes. Its not about weights now because im in a much higer rep range.

with writing down my experience i don't want to ever increase but i want to record. How i felt, now im going to listen to my body and see how that goes. Its not about weights now because im in a much higer rep range.

To do keep a training log at home on the PC. I just record what body parts I trained, what cardio I did, how long and how many calories burned. I also record anything unusual, such as an injury.

Yesterday had a nice back workout and i loved it. I am really getting into the split again. I don't know what is happening but i seem to be dropping a lot of water weight. (eepd a lot) and suddenly my weight is down a lot. Has been this way for the last couple of days. I think some of the water i retained got expelled. I often notice that i keep a weight for a while and then drop half a kg or a kg and then stay around that weight a while till the next drop.