My First Real Life "chav"

Soph

I think I saw my first real life "Chav" the other day, but just need to check.

Chav's are a new thing to me as they werent really around when I was in the UK (well they were, but they werent called Chav's then)

So this ugly Farrang guy was on the back of a motorbike (with a dodgy looking Thai guy) he had a shell suit style shiny black coat on, which was worn hanging off the shoulders (like I used to do in school when I wanted to look cool!) and nothing underneath, just bare skin with a huge ENGLAND tattoo accross his back. Nice

He had a Burberry hat on, white addidas shorts, an Nike trainers with socks :o

He was covered in spots and had gold earings up his ears. Oh and to top off this lovely image, as I pulled up close to them on the bike (for a better look!) He shouted something at me along the lines of "Awight Daaarlin"

Please confirm, was this a real life Chav? If so, then following along the lines of another thread about Horrible People in Samui, then this might just be a good example of some of the vile people that seem to be coming more and more to this lovely island :D:D:D

Chav's are a new thing to me as they werent really around when I was in the UK (well they were, but they werent called Chav's then)

So this ugly Farrang guy was on the back of a motorbike (with a dodgy looking Thai guy) he had a shell suit style shiny black coat on, which was worn hanging off the shoulders (like I used to do in school when I wanted to look cool!) and nothing underneath, just bare skin with a huge ENGLAND tattoo accross his back.  Nice

He had a Burberry hat on, white addidas shorts, an Nike trainers with socks  :o

He was covered in spots and had gold earings up his ears.  Oh and to top off this lovely image, as I pulled up close to them on the bike (for a better look!)  He shouted something at me along the lines of "Awight Daaarlin"

Please confirm, was this a real life Chav?  If so, then following along the lines of another thread about Horrible People in Samui, then this might just be a good example of some of the vile people that seem to be coming more and more to this lovely island  :D  :D  :D

Fairly shallow of you to label him as a horrible person if in your eyes he was ugly , I'm sure you are not but that is the impression one gets from this post.

If you had seen him dealing drugs or smashing someones head in then I agree , but a few spots and a dodgy taste in Scouse clothing does not make a person horrible. There are plenty of " Horrible" people in Samui , looks are not the criteria.

:D

So this ugly Farrang guy was on the back of a motorbike (with a dodgy looking Thai guy) he had a shell suit style shiny black coat on, which was worn hanging off the shoulders (like I used to do in school when I wanted to look cool!) and nothing underneath, just bare skin with a huge ENGLAND tattoo accross his back.  Nice

He was covered in spots and had gold earings up his ears.  Oh and to top off this lovely image, as I pulled up close to them on the bike (for a better look!)  He shouted something at me along the lines of "Awight Daaarlin"

Please confirm, was this a real life Chav?  If so, then following along the lines of another thread about Horrible People in Samui, then this might just be a good example of some of the vile people that seem to be coming more and more to this lovely island  :D  :D  :D

Fairly shallow of you to label him as a horrible person if in your eyes he was ugly , I'm sure you are not but that is the impression one gets from this post.

If you had seen him dealing drugs or smashing someones head in then I agree , but a few spots and a dodgy taste in Scouse clothing does not make a person horrible. There are plenty of " Horrible" people in Samui , looks are not the criteria.

Oh dear Chonabot, dont take things so seriously, it was just a post about a dodgy looking person I had seen who was leering at me and shouting dodgy comments.

I never implied that the reason he was horrible was because he was ugly and spotty, I was actually saying that he looked like a Chav, who have been labelled by some people as horrible English people.

I was really just having a dig at my fellow Englishmen, just making fun.

Anyway, I have seen lots of these people in the past and in my experience they are horrible.

Oh dear Chonabot, dont take things so seriously, it was just a post about a dodgy looking person I had seen who was leering at me and shouting dodgy comments.

I never implied that the reason he was horrible was because he was ugly and spotty, I was actually saying that he looked like a Chav, who have been labelled by some people as horrible English people.

Anyway, I have seen lots of these people in the past and in my experience they are horrible.

He was leering at you because you pulled up and tried to get a better look.

It was actually me and I thought you had a decent set of jugs....

Snob

Edited by chonabot

Lots of chavs / charvas in Newcastle and Sunderland, as in most cities of the UK.

It's a disease that spreads like a bad rash.

According to wikipedia's website ...

Etymology

It is believed that charva comes from nineteenth-century Romany language, from charver, the Romany word for "prostitute".

Noun

charva (plural charvas)

1. (British English, derogatory) unruly youth; disobedient child or teenager

2. (British English, derogatory) unemployed youth with poor taste and dress sense

Snob

Wow - Ive never been called a Snob before, I quite like the sound of that! "oh that Soph, she is a real Snob!"

Anyway Chonabot, if you knew me you would say otherwise im afraid!

Anyway rather be a snob than a chav any day!

This is why I have decided to abandon the UK finally.

One blessing is that they will only stay in certain areas of Thailand (Pattaya and Samui - maybe Phuket at a push if they've pawned the bling)

Even then they will stay only for a week or two due to the lack of PG Tips tea, White Lightning 'cider', The Star, and no one what speaks English proper.

From what I could see from the recent scrapping in Australia, they too have a chav problem. It could soon be a 2 pronged chav invasion of Thailand. Flee to the provinces...........

......although there is something oddly erotic about slutty low chav women........... :o

Unfortunately, a night out in the tourist hot spots of Thailand is fraught with the peril of encountering one of these monsters. Although, as has been said, their predictable behaviour and need to herd together means that one can avoid the ruffians by exercising just a little imagination, when choosing ones venue.

oh please, chavism is not just an English trait. there are plenty of thai chavs around too.

they are easy to spot:

too much gold (bling), bad tattoos, fake designer handbags, speak pigeon english, can be found wandering around cowboy/nana/patpong (but originally from isaan), wear 59 baht slogan t-shirts such as 'at your service' or 'love me please' ....

strangley enough the thai chavs and the english chavs seem to love each other! natural selection i guess.............

Have not seen any Chavs in CM, but if I did.. I would not care less.

I have read the link .. I have to say there are more snobs on TV than I thought.

Get over it.. they are just the skinheads, mods (not moderators) of the UK today... If I was 16 I would be a Chav... and it would not bother me one iota what you stuck up toffs thought of me... as I would be a Chav .............. right